VN Ren'Py Ergi [v0.7.1] [KKChar]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Argent Knight

Jun 23, 2021
I have to disagree. Anders is actually the best person out of the traditional conservatives. He wants you to be the best of yourself and embrace yourself. Yes, he has his own disposition towards old world magic and women magic, but the fact that he' can see and understand when you're power is literally those, he'll actually support you. That is a healthy mindset. And don't even let me get to how he is the most homo-supportive (if that even a word lol) out of all of the conservatives.
I see what you’re saying, but when he was calling Ralf a pervert, less than a man, etc. back in chapter 3 or 4, all I could think was that every word also applied to Britt. People say all kinds of pretty things when they want to seem like good people, but what people say when they are angry tells you what they really think and who they really are when they can’t maintain the social mask.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
I see what you’re saying, but when he was calling Ralf a pervert, less than a man, etc. back in chapter 3 or 4, all I could think was that every word also applied to Britt. People say all kinds of pretty things when they want to seem like good people, but what people say when they are angry tells you what they really think and who they really are when they can’t maintain the social mask.
What you need to understand is the first people who had to deal with the consequences of Ralf's action are the Haugen, and it was Erland, Ralf's best friend, who pointed it out in chapter 1. Ralf's invention made their life easier, but it required more power and they had to cut down more trees, and who in charge of trees? Anders. Who had to deal with he Jotun? The Berserkr. Who is the leader of the Berserkr? Anders. He lost more men because of Ralf, and his conservative beliefs made him put the blame on old magic pitting the blame on Ralf even more, especially when Ralf isn't a sociable person and his smarter than thou attitude doesn't help anyone. It's Ralf whole characterization, which is why, along the story, as Ralf opens himself up and he began rectifying his attitude thanks to Britt influence, Anders actually warming up to him in later chapters.

What people say when they are angry does not show who they really are, it just shows that they are angry. Angry people says all kind of things they didn't mean, trust me. I am a people person, so I know from experience. It is when they are trying to understand you that it shows who they really are because horrible people won't even try to understand anything against their believe, just look at most real life conservatives.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
I see what you’re saying, but when he was calling Ralf a pervert, less than a man, etc. back in chapter 3 or 4, all I could think was that every word also applied to Britt.
Well, not really. There's a big difference between Ralf and Britty. Ralf chooses to indulge in his passion for old world knowledge. In the Pious's perspective, it is a selfish indulgence because old world ways did cause Ragnarok. He likes being an old world boy.

Britty, on the other hand, was forced to be ergi. Britty didn't want to be Volva, but the gods anointed him to be one. He accepts because it gives him power to protect his family. Britty "giving up his manhood" to save Alfheimr is a great pious act that Anders recognizes.

People say all kinds of pretty things when they want to seem like good people, but what people say when they are angry tells you what they really think and who they really are when they can’t maintain the social mask.
That is true. Anders's prejudice against old world ways and being ergi are indeed quite entangled, but I guess it's also part of his character arc. In C4 where paths gets introduced, his two paths are actually Introspection and Compassion, which in both ways break down this prejudice. In C5, he even asks Ralf for help to burn down the trees to set up ambush against Jotnar, an act which they say is sacrilege. In C6 and C7, his whole belief system is shaken down when he discovers that three of his brothers became rebels, and still he tries to show compassion for them. All I'm saying is he does eventually become the nicest guy among the Captains, even if he was prejudiced in a complex way.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
What you need to understand is the first people who had to deal with the consequences of Ralf's action are the Haugen, and it was Erland, Ralf's best friend, who pointed it out in chapter 1. Ralf's invention made their life easier, but it required more power and they had to cut down more trees, and who in charge of trees? Anders. Who had to deal with he Jotun? The Berserkr. Who is the leader of the Berserkr? Anders. He lost more men because of Ralf, and his conservative beliefs made him put the blame on old magic pitting the blame on Ralf even more, especially when Ralf isn't a sociable person and his smarter than thou attitude doesn't help anyone.
This is a really good point. The pious group's resentment against the progressives were indeed justifiable since the Ulfhednars (which were mostly pious) are the ones losing their lives for the progressive's goals, which the pious sooner understand is indeed their only way to survive.

This is why I fucking love this game. We're out here making character analyses about fictional men who hates wearing pants.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
Britty, on the other hand, was forced to be ergi. Britty didn't want to be Volva, but the gods anointed him to be one. He accepts because it gives him power to protect his family. Britty "giving up his manhood" to save Alfheimr is a great pious act that Anders recognizes.
also, and I need to emphasize this, the first thing Anders says to Britt when he appears in a volva regalia was a warrior doesn't care about what other think, implying that he believes that you can be a volva and a Ulfhednars, something that is not very "conservatives". And if you romance him, he actually believed Britt was strong enough to handle seidr,and that his aversion towards old world magic and seidr only when the people who handles it easily corruptible, which Britt, Anders believes, isn't.

This is a really good point. The pious group's resentment against the progressives were indeed justifiable since the Ulfhednars (which were mostly pious) are the ones losing their lives for the progressive's goals, which the pious sooner understand is indeed their only way to survive.

This is why I fucking love this game. We're out here making character analyses about fictional men who hates wearing pants.
This game literally gives every single character a care in their characterization. I still have favorites, but it's purely preferential

On that note, here's my tier list of the Love Interest. Screenshot 2024-08-23 172010.png

I know, I know, Jostein might not love you as much as he loves Filippa, but that man can flirt for sure. Also, it's literally this dillema being point out as one of Britt insecurities in chapter 7, and that's just amazing. It really serving a unique kind of angst and I am here for it.

Best romances are just that, good romance. they have amazing stories, strong character development, and dilemmas. Anders's relationship with you makes him afraid of death, Tyr might/might not find respite in his parent's death, and Borge whose story is literally shaped by you.

The Hot tier doesn't mean they are just there for JO materials tho, they have good stories as well, but the highlight from them is definitely their exciting cgs and moments

Soppy, well, soppy. You might find it surprising for Kirk to be here, but seriously, his story in the later chapter are getting more and more "serious", which is fine, but that definitely put him in the "sad boy" corner with Ralf and Henrik.

B1smth

Jan 6, 2024
I know, I know, Jostein might not love you as much as he loves Filippa, but that man can flirt for sure. Also, it's literally this dillema being point out as one of Britt insecurities in chapter 7, and that's just amazing. It really serving a unique kind of angst and I am here for it.
Honestly... I get it. Jostein is my LI too in my main playthrough. That guy is just sex on a stick.

Best romances are just that, good romance. they have amazing stories, strong character development, and dilemmas. Anders's relationship with you makes him afraid of death, Tyr might/might not find respite in his parent's death, and Borge whose story is literally shaped by you.
I would put Erland in this category too. His storyline about healing his inner child and overcoming his abandonment issues is just so beautiful to me. The guy is really yearning for a home.

I almost wish Britty can just romance everyone cause all the captains deserve much love. Heck, even Ole and Odger, I wish Britty can give em a hug.

• Red Heart
Reactions: XVGuil

Ryostorm

Jul 20, 2024
Just for the record, Ralf can top you.

I have to disagree. Anders is actually the best person out of the traditional conservatives. He wants you to be the best of yourself and embrace yourself. Yes, he has his own disposition towards old world magic and women magic, but the fact that he' can see and understand when you're power is literally those, he'll actually support you. That is a healthy mindset. And don't even let me get to how he is the most homo-supportive (if that even a word lol) out of all of the conservatives.

He's most definitely not downlow. He just doesn't think a man-on-man relationship should be boasted or shunned. For him, homosexuality is just an everyday normal thing. And it's especially touching because it truly emphasizes his fear of having sex with you, not because he's opposed to homosexuality, but because he knows it would be more than just sex, and that is so special to him that he began to fear Freya. Which if you pay attention to Anders dialogue, romance or non-romance, you'll notice how he do not fear death and long for Folkvangr.

There is a reason why Anders is one of the first three people you can have sex with.
And on that note, I am fairly confident, we will have a sex scenes with Ralf, Kirk, and Jorgen in Chapter 8.

Ok, I have to know. How can you get Ralf to top you!?

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019
Ok, I have to know. How can you get Ralf to top you!?
Pure Ralf route in chapter 5. If you have polyralf, the scene will be with henry, but on pure route, britt and ralf can choose their position. I was on ralfpoly route and just rewind the save from the moment you choose whether or not you want ralf to be poly in ralf final scene in chapter 5 to get it.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Ergi [v0.7.1] [KKChar]

UPDATE ONLY:

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

Last edited:

Ryostorm

Jul 20, 2024
Pure Ralf route in chapter 5. If you have polyralf, the scene will be with henry, but on pure route, britt and ralf can choose their position. I was on ralfpoly route and just rewind the save from the moment you choose whether or not you want ralf to be poly in ralf final scene in chapter 5 to get it.

Good to know! Thank you!

laserjet28

May 15, 2021
Hey guys, Just back here to share my link to the compressed version of the game until chapter 7!!
I extracted all the chapters already, so there's no need to go through that hassle yourself.
:giggle:

Ergi [v0.7.1] [Ch1-Ch7] [Compressed] [1.02G]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also wanna ask if anyone has a full save file that unlocks all the CGs until Chapter 7?
I remember downloading one for Ch5 but then no one shared it for 6 or 7...
I did try to extract the CGs from the compressed version, but the images don't show for me. :cry:
And I am way too lazy to download the full game that's nearly 20Gs in size just to extract the CGs!!
LOL
So having a save file that unlocks them all in game would be so helpful~ :love:
OR if anyone could share their extracted CGs for all the chapters, that would be ideal too! :D

Last edited:

Magiriano

Jan 20, 2021
Hey guys, Just back here to share my link to the compressed version of the game until chapter 7!!
I extracted all the chapters already, so there's no need to go through that hassle yourself.
:giggle:
Ergi [v0.7.1] [Ch1-Ch7] [Compressed] [1.02G]
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You did a great job. However, I agree that it would be better to use a different file sharing site. The download speed of this one leaves much to be desired, and the process itself is sometimes crashing. For small files it is not critical, but even a few hundred megabytes may not be downloaded after an hour. Maybe the simple and trusted ones like Mega or Google Drive would be better?

laserjet28

May 15, 2021
You did a great job. However, I agree that it would be better to use a different file sharing site. The download speed of this one leaves much to be desired, and the process itself is sometimes crashing. For small files it is not critical, but even a few hundred megabytes may not be downloaded after an hour. Maybe the simple and trusted ones like Mega or Google Drive would be better?
I understand what you mean! Since I'm not a mod or anything... And I don't have the fastest internet speed to upload to multiple links... I leave all the trusted sites to them cos I already tried uploading my links to those sites, only to get banned immediately. I don't have multiple accounts to risk, that's why! This site is the only one that has not banned me yet, knock on wood, so I'm able to upload them for safe keeping without it getting taken down 2 seconds later. And then share it with you all~

If the links keep giving you trouble, I would suggest searching the thread for the other links that the mods have posted on MEGA etc. - that should be a lot faster.

Whaori

Formerly 'Whaoriph'
Jan 19, 2022
also, and I need to emphasize this, the first thing Anders says to Britt when he appears in a volva regalia was a warrior doesn't care about what other think, implying that he believes that you can be a volva and a Ulfhednars, something that is not very "conservatives". And if you romance him, he actually believed Britt was strong enough to handle seidr,and that his aversion towards old world magic and seidr only when the people who handles it easily corruptible, which Britt, Anders believes, isn't.

This game literally gives every single character a care in their characterization. I still have favorites, but it's purely preferential

On that note, here's my tier list of the Love Interest. View attachment 3959218

The Hot tier doesn't mean they are just there for JO materials tho, they have good stories as well, but the highlight from them is definitely their exciting cgs and moments

Soppy, well, soppy. You might find it surprising for Kirk to be here, but seriously, his story in the later chapter are getting more and more "serious", which is fine, but that definitely put him in the "sad boy" corner with Ralf and Henrik.
I honestly agree with this. As for the soppy guys, only thing that can save them is their promised alternative endings. I can see Kirk and Ralf turning into radical when it comes to their viewpoints which honestly is adding some spice to their otherwise boring story; though, I do wish they had far better romantic scenes. Ralf's solo route >>> poly route with Henrik. He's such an annoying jealous kid if you pursue the latter route. I'm still not sure about Henrik. He seems to be a very confused personality to me. He wants power at one moment and then the next moment, he doesn't. I don't even know what would be his alternate ending because I can't even think of a normal ending for him.

Off topic but has Ch7 guide been released?

Reactions: Ryostorm

Ryostorm

Jul 20, 2024
I honestly agree with this. As for the soppy guys, only thing that can save them is their promised alternative endings. I can see Kirk and Ralf turning into radical when it comes to their viewpoints which honestly is adding some spice to their otherwise boring story; though, I do wish they had far better romantic scenes. Ralf's solo route >>> poly route with Henrik. He's such an annoying jealous kid if you pursue the latter route. I'm still not sure about Henrik. He seems to be a very confused personality to me. He wants power at one moment and then the next moment, he doesn't. I don't even know what would be his alternate ending because I can't even think of a normal ending for him.

Yeah, that’s why I don’t go poly with Ralf. My Britt wants Ralf all to himself. Ralf just strikes me as a guy whose external existence in no way compares to the internal agony of the loneliness he feels. He just wants to be loved for himself. Henrik will not give him that, Britt can in a solo route. Apparently, other play throughs though, I’m limited on choices. I’m not into poly routes very much. So Kirk, Tyr and Ralf are pretty much it. Borge is into Elin, Anders just wants his cock sucked whenever he needs it and doesn’t want a guy. Jostein has Filippa, while Jorgen is a man-whore for multiple women. Erland has his woman and Odjer and apparently Henrik has Svend too. So I’ll stick to Ralf and Ralf only.

XVGuil

Aug 6, 2019

Henrik Romance is actually very well written. He's a guy in his, what 30s or 40s, and by that time, he has seen people come and go and not only that, his lover, Britt's mom, is also gone and he couldn't do anything about it. I really love to read how Henrik's personality turn from being an apathetic politician to wanting to protect the only thing he had left, Britt. He's honestly a sweet broken old man. He never wanted power, what he wanted was change. I just wish his romance would be more... exciting. same thing with Ralf and Kirk. Like both of them had such a strong start at the beginning, but they got kinda dull from chapter 5.

Reactions: Ryostorm

Ryostorm

Jul 20, 2024
In what world is 30/40 (he's twice the age of Britt who is...16? So 32 at most. 36 if Britt is 18, I can't remember) considered "sweet broken old man" lol.
Going by conscription and the what the Dev described once, Britt is 18. As is Borge and Elin. Henrik has been conscripted for 16 years I believe. That would basically make him around 34. And remember, this is post apocalyptic Scandinavia. Life expectancy isn’t much at that point in the time. 34 would make you an old man.

Reactions: XVGuil
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes