4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi all! I got off my ass and made a solid blog post about where things are right now:

What's worth sharing here that's not yet been shared in this thread:
  • Characters are done
  • Environments are done (for now)
  • Day 1 Recap is done
  • Day 2 intro up to first branch is done
  • Day 2 intro branches (depending on Day 1 choices) are done for Amanda. Chrissy is a scene or two from completion. Abby is next on my list
  • Next up after the branches is introducing the other girls and touring the ship
  • Some free roam will follow
  • "Dating" mechanism (get-to-know-you dinners) will be introduced so that each night there's one-on-one time with another girl
  • There will be some nightly entertainment options, including contests you'll have to work towards winning
  • General idea for how the game will work finally feels solid... so it's easier to move forward conceptually

Scenes are taking me longer than they had been before I improved quality, but I feel like it's been worth it. Biggest thing for me has still been lack of time to dedicate, but I've been spending significant time lately and I'll try to keep up the pace as best I can.

I hope some of you are still looking forward to this - I'm excited to give you something fun to try out as soon as I can!

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
So I was working on the Abby series last night (still only a few renders in), and just became really, really taken with this one.
And since you've all been so patient and supportive, I wanted to share!

D2Open_Ab_4_intel_1080.png

Enjoy!

PS - Chrissy's intro set is done, Abby probably has 5-10 images plus an animation to go. Then we move on to new environments! I feel like I've been in the same two or three for forever, so that'll be a welcome change.

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi all, just popping in to say there's been a significant down period due to other obligations. I've started processing some new renders last night, though, and am making the best progress I can. No promises on timelines (because I'm a busy jerk, sorry!), but we're moving forward.

Abby's intro scenes/animation set are all done and I'm now onto environmental intros. Biggest issue here is the large number of characters I'm trying to shove into a scene, which is creating VRAM issues I have to dance around - something I haven't been used to in the past. Just takes extra time testing to ensure scenes will render (again, and again) that I'd rather be spending on setting up new scenes. But it's all part of the process.

Once environmental intros are done, number of characters per scene should decline (until I try to somehow put together harem scenes at some manner of endgame that will surely not come until 2022 when all interest has been lost or NVIDIA creates an affordable 32GB VRAM GPU - whichever comes first) and rendering should be easier. I'm still debating on whether I should try to push an earlier version with the intro and some content here and there or just wait until more is done... we'll see, but please be assured I'm doing my best to make sure things will be good!

EDIT:
Since it just finished, here's the render I've been wrestling with. Of the attendees, only Amanda is not present (and she'll show up in a minute ;)) GroupIntro1_intel_1080.png

Last edited:

NyteLyte282

Mar 10, 2020
I look forward to seeing more from this. Do you have a patreon or some other funding? Because I'd be interested in donating

Reactions: IM6

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I look forward to seeing more from this. Do you have a patreon or some other funding? Because I'd be interested in donating
Thanks for asking! I really do appreciate your support :)

I don't currently have a Pateron or any plans to create one at this time.

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
ExitHallway2_intel_1080.png

Another teaser - nothing crazy, but I like the perspective!

Rendering is rolling on. I'm catching up on my backlog. All animations for the intro are done/cleaned up, just need to finish up the environmental introductions and then we're on to the meat of the game and I'll do some coding to get things pieced together as they are now.

I plan on putting together at least a few fistfuls of engagement past the intro before releasing a demo. Not sure how quickly we'll get there or how quickly we'll move after that, but things will be a little more open-world once the intro's finished and I want to at least give you some girls to talk to and some stuff to do with them ;)

Once I'm a little closer to the demo, I may source this thread to see if there are interested testers for said demo, so keep an eye on the thread for updates!

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
d2openadom1.png
Another quick cut from Amanda's intro sequence.

It actually happened: I caught up on my backlog and renders are complete, appropriately sized, and ready to go for the intro!
Currently there is a path following each of the choices at the end of Day1, followed a tour of the ship. I've just come up with some scenarios to follow, but have yet to start modeling and rendering those.

Much of my time on the game recently has been doing administrative stuff - rendering side images and getting the coding going. As much as I think it's somewhat brief right now, I may consider releasing the intro in the near future. I feel confident about the images and dialog thusfar and would like to get something out there after such a long time. The only extra consideration is whether I'll try to get those scenarios into the demo or if I'll save those for later.

Or if I'll be the weirdo dev that publishes a small update later on to add that content. Probably that.

In either case, things are moving more quickly than expected, so look out for something soon!

UncleVT, wep, Retro, and any other mods viewing this - One question I've had on my mind is whether or not this thread should continue with the launch of the D2 initial version or if a new one should be started. The next installment is in Ren'Py where the original game was RPGM. All effort going forward will be Ren'Py. I don't want to confuse anybody (and everybody hates RPGM), so looking for advice on best course of action once we get there. Thanks!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
One question I've had on my mind is whether or not this thread should continue with the launch of the D2 initial version or if a new one should be started.
If the game is the same, keeping the same plot, and only changing the engine, this thread will be updated.

On the other hand, if there are substantial changes in the game, not only to Ren'Py, a new thread will be created and this will be marked as abandoned.

Reactions: IM6 and Retro

johnbradman0

Nov 23, 2018
View attachment 603277
Another quick cut from Amanda's intro sequence.

It actually happened: I caught up on my backlog and renders are complete, appropriately sized, and ready to go for the intro!
Currently there is a path following each of the choices at the end of Day1, followed a tour of the ship. I've just come up with some scenarios to follow, but have yet to start modeling and rendering those.

Much of my time on the game recently has been doing administrative stuff - rendering side images and getting the coding going. As much as I think it's somewhat brief right now, I may consider releasing the intro in the near future. I feel confident about the images and dialog thusfar and would like to get something out there after such a long time. The only extra consideration is whether I'll try to get those scenarios into the demo or if I'll save those for later.

Or if I'll be the weirdo dev that publishes a small update later on to add that content. Probably that.

In either case, things are moving more quickly than expected, so look out for something soon!

UncleVT, wep, Retro, and any other mods viewing this - One question I've had on my mind is whether or not this thread should continue with the launch of the D2 initial version or if a new one should be started. The next installment is in Ren'Py where the original game was RPGM. All effort going forward will be Ren'Py. I don't want to confuse anybody (and everybody hates RPGM), so looking for advice on best course of action once we get there. Thanks!
Eagerly waiting for the demo <3

Reactions: IM6

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
If the game is the same, keeping the same plot, and only changing the engine, this thread will be updated.

On the other hand, if there are substantial changes in the game, not only to Ren'Py, a new thread will be created and this will be marked as abandoned.
Thanks!

There is a recap of the events from the RPGM game (but not a remake of those events), then the game will launch into the day of the cruise. I don't think that should change anything and I think it's probably better to keep it all contained in one place if that still works - just wasn't initially sure based on other threads I've seen.

Reactions: UncleVT

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
How close are you to release of this version?
Estimating is an imprecise math, but I'd say a week or two away. Basically just coding things out and writing dialog at this point, all of which goes pretty quickly for me (though adding video/animation in Ren'Py is new for me and may take me a minute to get right). Maybe a bit longer if I decide to add the additional scenarios I discussed above.

• Love
Reactions: johnbradman0

IM6

Erisa's Summer
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
If you're interested in playing the Ren'Py D2 intro/demo and you're willing to provide some feedback (even if it's just "it's good"), PM me!
I'm especially interested if anyone out there is a mac user - I don't have a mac, but Ren'Py lets me export a mac-based app that I can't personally test!

Other than that, I think everything is ready, but I'd love to get some eyes on it before pushing everything out there 100%. And since I don't run a Patreon, this is my small way of giving back to the few of you who have followed and encouraged me over my loooong development cycles ;)

It won't be long - a few days at most - before I make the same version (with any bugfixes/proofreading help) publicly available.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes