4.10 star(s) 21 Votes

TipTap

May 22, 2020
as I previously mentioned, getting everyone locked up in straight jackets is a surprisingly effective strategy since at the cost of being reduced to one physical attack, they're completely immune to hypnotic effects, making the boss's "hurt yourself" move useless, as well as any other hypnotic commands from other enemies in the level, although you will probably want to be max level for that trick. might help to have madoka's fixed damage skill, since it apparently is always available, but i haven't tried it myself.
Her skill isn't always available. If she's commanded to hurt herself or in an arm-binding straightjacket, she can't use the skill.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
That's just a bug, it will be fixed in the next version.
Anyway, Glitterdust completely trivializes that fight. I'm surprised that people actually manage to win without using that.

Last edited:

Stal64

Dec 11, 2019
Anyway, Glitterdust completely trivializes that fight. I'm surprised that people actually manage to win without using that.
I played every boss without realizing the stunlock escape of Glitterdust until I looked at this thread just now lol, each one went well (1-3 tries) except the hypno boss. Cleared it in like 10 tries via first turn Mami Disorienting shot second turn Sayaka Discourage, then pray to RNG for girls to get struggle locked instead of stunlocked, then struggle to victory (also a few lucky Lunges/Ribbon Guard/40 piercing dmgs from delayed straightjackets were nice)

Would have been a lot easier if the piercings attacks' availabilities weren't bugged, lol

TipTap

May 22, 2020
I did eventually win with Glitterdust, but even with that if the other characters slapped themselves too hard the fight would end with me losing anyway.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Uploaded v0.11 (with dungeon 11 haigure) in the OP, btw.
I explain the mechanics in more detail in a devlog on .

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: DudePersonA

sagara_souma

Feb 23, 2019
Uploaded v0.11 (with dungeon 11 haigure) in the OP, btw.
I explain the mechanics in more detail in a devlog on .
I still haven't figured out the reason why, but I've been getting a glitch in the haigure dungeon where if I go back through the door to Kyuubei the characters will go left into the wall and be stuck there.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
I still haven't figured out the reason why, but I've been getting a glitch in the haigure dungeon where if I go back through the door to Kyuubei the characters will go left into the wall and be stuck there.
Yep, small bug, I fixed it in the Itch version already. I'll reupload stuff here as well.

Edit: And it's updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: sagara_souma
Mar 11, 2021
I still think it's kinda funny that haigure is prime material for that feeling of saying a word (wait, is it even a word in japanese?) so many times it stops feeling like a word, but turned into a fetish.
also, how do you get the trait for the new dungeon? on-brand as it is, the hint is no help.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Walking around with 100 Haigure for 200 steps will give you the Haigure trait.

TipTap

May 22, 2020
That Haigure boss is also super RNG. I only won because it kept trying to use the Haigure ability on Madoka and if it kept attacking (which it can still do even if she's the only one left) then the battle is unwinnable. Both that boss and the previous hypnosis boss could benefit from losing a large amount of HP.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Looking back at it now, the Haigure boss is probably somewhat too strong (i.e., fully up to RNG) if your entire party is fully Haigure (it only uses the Haigure ability if the meguca has 100 Haigure). I'll have to tweak its AI a bit I guess.
The hypnosis boss is fine, easily defeatable with Glitterdust.

Kittywitty

Aug 14, 2017
Looking back at it now, the Haigure boss is probably somewhat too strong (i.e., fully up to RNG) if your entire party is fully Haigure (it only uses the Haigure ability if the meguca has 100 Haigure). I'll have to tweak its AI a bit I guess.
Yeah I can't seem to beat it, all my characters get locked into that ability and I can't equip the other abilities that you can use always because they're all taken by the Haigure abilities.
Edit: Turns out I did have one equipped for Madoka and was able to equip the 40 fixed damage one. Took me around 10 attempts to get the right RNG to actually kill it, it kept dealing way too much damage even without the Haigure ability lock.
Also seems to be no chests to give items to remove Haigure back to normal after you defeat the boss unlike the other worlds.

Last edited:

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Also seems to be no chests to give items to remove Haigure back to normal after you defeat the boss unlike the other worlds.
Both the difficult boss and this are actually linked. Originally there were items to reduce the Haigure value inside the dungeon, but that made the level too easy (since you could use them just before the boss), so I removed them. I then forgot to add them to the end. Unfortunately, that also means that the boss is now overtuned, which I didn't notice since I never got there with full Haigure on all megucas.

how are they releasing a new dungeon every week? this is some insane speed
I'm apparently outsourcing a lot of bugfixing and balancing to this thread, that speeds it up ;)

The Penguin

Mar 1, 2018
That Haigure boss is also super RNG. I only won because it kept trying to use the Haigure ability on Madoka and if it kept attacking (which it can still do even if she's the only one left) then the battle is unwinnable. Both that boss and the previous hypnosis boss could benefit from losing a large amount of HP.
I don't know, I just glitter dust sayaka and spam sharpen, then spammed a high damage attack (and buff sayaka's def with mami a bit) and it went smoothly

Kittywitty

Aug 14, 2017
I don't know, I just glitter dust sayaka and spam sharpen, then spammed a high damage attack (and buff sayaka's def with mami a bit) and it went smoothly
If you have maxed out Haigure then you can't use any abilities but the 4 Haigure abilities which aren't that strong, the boss will also use an attack which will lock you into using a new ability which does nothing, effectively making that member useless until all 4 are useless.

4.10 star(s) 21 Votes