NDups

Mar 2, 2021
lustland adventures and matrix demo, the only ue5 games i played so far are barely playable even on lowest settings on my 1050ti and i5-7500, lustland adventures worked faster b4 transition 2 ue5 im guessin erokin will be like that, we'll see 0u0
lustland adventures is not optimized and the environment models are taken from regular sold assets

Janoosh12

Apr 8, 2020
Are there any new cinematics? I see that with each release they cut out the stuff instead of adding new

Vadginator

Oct 1, 2019
Since the changelog in the OP is a bit lacking, here's what you see when you first open the new version (v0.3):

EDIT: Uh. I can't get OUT of the Escape menu. I had to ALT+F4. Oh boy.

Reactions: Kiegra

Light77

Dec 27, 2017
Shame they had to switch to UE5. Opening sequence in unity was much more refined I guess we have wait for few more updates till it reach the same level.

Last edited:
Reactions: juri4 and Sscdrake

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
great...1 step forward, 3 steps back...why every unity and unreal engine project must be this way...see you in 5 years !
Cause 90% of this projects are scam :WeSmart:
We had (are having...?) an explosive 'debate' about these same topics in the Carnal Instinct thread since they too are going UE5 and having to slowly port everything over. According to a SFW dev, it takes about a year to port a game over completely, and as you've all noted UE5 has a lot of problems (The Lord of the Fallen devs say they regret pushing to for UE5 right away instead of sticking with what they knew).

In this case it might not be so bad since there was barely anything to begin with, but yeah right now UE5 has a lot of problems, especially in the performance/optimization department, and porting to it isn't easy, supposedly.

Then again, with how long these games take to finish... UE6 will be on the horizon so might as well do the 'ol remaster/rebuild/recode/engine swap early at least.

To be fair, Third Crisis does have a ton of mostly consistent content drops even if it's not finished and doesn't seem close to being finished.

But yeah I wish more devs would undertake more realistic scope. Get ready to see a lot of these projects decide they really need to be UE5 games now for some reason, lol.

Because you know, there haven't be GOTY and highly rated games using UE4 or older engines ever.

zehirman

May 25, 2017
We had (are having...?) an explosive 'debate' about these same topics in the Carnal Instinct thread since they too are going UE5 and having to slowly port everything over. According to a SFW dev, it takes about a year to port a game over completely, and as you've all noted UE5 has a lot of problems (The Lord of the Fallen devs say they regret pushing to for UE5 right away instead of sticking with what they knew).

In this case it might not be so bad since there was barely anything to begin with, but yeah right now UE5 has a lot of problems, especially in the performance/optimization department, and porting to it isn't easy, supposedly.

Then again, with how long these games take to finish... UE6 will be on the horizon so might as well do the 'ol remaster/rebuild/recode/engine swap early at least.

To be fair, Third Crisis does have a ton of mostly consistent content drops even if it's not finished and doesn't seem close to being finished.

But yeah I wish more devs would undertake more realistic scope. Get ready to see a lot of these projects decide they really need to be UE5 games now for some reason, lol.

Because you know, there haven't be GOTY and highly rated games using UE4 or older engines ever.
brother, i must say that you don't help my case of
pessimism...

Reactions: 2829307726

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
great...1 step forward, 3 steps back...why every unity and unreal engine project must be this way...see you in 5 years !
Unity and Unreal are... Deeper, then a lot of game systems. Look at the major alternatives: RPGMaker is expressly about making a classic top-down RPG with Final Fantasy sort of mechanics. Ren'py is focused on Visual Novels and point-and-clicks. They're able to be engineered more tightly for those things and in exchange it's difficult to make an RPGMaker VN or a Ren'py Shmup.

By contrast Unity and Unreal are more wide-based and can be used for a lot of different projects. They have a lot of bells and whistles, most of which aren't applicable. They require from the developer a much greater understanding of their own project and how things will work as well as the developer's understanding of Unity and Unreal Engine themselves. You can make a top-down Final Fantasy-like, you can make an ASCII roguelike, you can make a VN or you can make a FPS or Brawler. Hell, I'm currently in the process of making a free-roam blobber, a genre which as far as I can tell has been dead for over a decade.

As a sort of counterbalance to how powerful the engine is, it's more complicated to learn and use. It requires more stuff. A lot of Patreon projects are from people who just decided one day to try making a game, and they usually have loose visions of what the game should be or how it all fits together. They often have little to no experience with Unreal or Unity's systems. The games wind up kludged together, the code and the blueprints both spaghetti'd harder than an Italian restaurant after a tornado. And when the dev decides they want to change something they're faced with their own, months-in-the-making mess and a lot of them just give up.

There's no malice here, no scam or conspiracy. It's just what happens to 99% of games in development that aren't peoples' literal jobs. When there's a suit paying you money to make a game you stick with it because that's your paycheck and because there's half a dozen or more people to help you sort out what's going where, most of you probably have experience too. If it's just you, and you're only making Patreonbux on the order of being a frycook, when you've got another job that's really paying the bills and this is just a passion project and the passion is running low... There's a lot less motive to stick around and straighten your spaghetti. Especially when you can just move to a new project.

It's how indie scenes work for almost every creative medium. Look at fanfiction sites to see a similar thing happening with novels written by amateur authors. How many indie movies do you think get half-done and then never get finished?

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
lol why so many devs pointlessly switch to ue5, but then again i guess thier patrons have enuf money for new pc's xD
Because it's free to upgrade to the Unreal Engine 5 version, however it often requires additional development, as it can break mechanics and implemented content. For example, the game Carnal Instinct is also available on Steam, and the developers released a huge patch that took longer than usual. They explain that they migrated to version 5 of Unreal Engine, and this broke a lot of content, including the game's sexual animations, but it did greatly improve their game's performance, just with the migration. What's more, they said it also fixed some bugs on their game just with the migration. They were very surprised.

newsolgryn

May 28, 2020
UE5 migration and perfomance are 2 things that never can be together. Just take any UE small test project and launch it on both UE 4 and 5, fps will tank at least for 50%. No single dev ever in AAA industry except epic was able to optimize lumen, it eat more resources then software ray tracing and it can't be enabled/disabled on player side, so everyone with not 1000$ gpu must suffer. Nanites is cool idea, but you need also work with them, by default UE5 thinks that your pc is NASA and enable unlimited triangles rendering, compare with 10-30m max on other engines and don't forget increased VRAM usage. Without nanites and lumen there is almost 0 reasons to port to UE5, so devs just use this excuse to prolong development time. Some devs like Nexon was ever forced to disable UE5 additions completly to be able provide their First Descendent to players and in dev blogs regret ever using UE5.
Also Unity fees rules after all changes have 0 impact on any not at least B class game dev, can just continue using it like before.

• Angry
Reactions: Karnewarrior

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Performance is catastrophic. It wasn't very fluid, but it was still playable. On this version, it's unplayable. Even with graphics settings at their lowest, the game is not fluid. What's more, I preferred certain map layouts in the previous version, but that's just my personal taste.

I also have a graphics bug. I don't know whether it's Windows 11 that's causing the problem or the new version of the game. I can use the "escape" key to open the graphics settings menu, but I can't get out of it. I can change the graphics, but I'm stuck in the menu. What's more, the menu seems to have been downgraded to the basic menu of a neophyte developer... with no visuals, effect and layout, menu alignment... weird.

2023-12-25_115807.png

asdfghjklpoiu

Feb 26, 2020
Unity (and other platforms like Patreon) are just currently going through enshitification as shareholders demand profit be squeezed out of an already perfectly fine business model. It's despicable.

Fully understand the switch to Unreal.

Also, of all Game Devs here, Anduo Games should be at the very top in terms of trust. Third Crisis is one of the best lewd games out there (easily S tier) and has been reliably and meaningfully updating for many years now. While a 3d game is a different beast, and lots of people have been bitten over the years, if there's any dev that can pull it off, it's them.

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes