TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Was basically a cop out decision to make branching simpler.
Reducing branching is not a cop out. It's a valid and often necessary decision.

The fact that Morrigan took away the player's decision, as to who Ashe lost her virginity too...was a mistake.
Developers don't take away players' decisions. They give players decisions, when it suits them. If the player didn't have a choice, it's not because a choice was taken away from them, it's because it wasn't given to them, which is always the storyteller's prerogative.

Even when a developer gives a player a choice, the player is still choosing between options which were decided by the developer, with outcomes which were decided by the developer. The player never gets to opt out of a choice (unless they stop playing) or choose an option which wasn't already written into the story. Even the most open world game ever created still limits the players to what the developers have already decided would be included in the game. There is no possibility of ever avoiding this, except by not playing.

Maybe it would have been better to happen in the past (before the game starts), so people wouldn't complain they were forced to watch it with Zoey
There will always be people complaining about something in any game. It doesn't matter what a developer does, players complaining will always happen. For a developer to try to dodge complaints is a losing game. The best thing for a developer to do is to stick to the story they want to tell, and understand at the start that some people will complain about it.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I mean it's a fair complaint not everyone likes to give it up quick and easy at least I don't. Especially because there is no choice. Doesn't matter to me if the MC is a virgin or not which is why LI that are easy to sleep with usually are near the bottom of my list until they prove to me they are a good character beyond being a easy fuck.
Why does it bother everyone so much that she had sex for the first time and with whom?
If there was a male MC in this game, no one would even whine about this!
Pretty much. People making it a 'big deal' that Ashe finally got laid is a laughable complaint to me. Sure, it would have been nice to hold out for someone special, but lets be real here: We would be waiting a while for that, specially given Ashe's mental state. Having it be someone who is a random currently, who she yet doesn't know, might help her down the road with her self confidence.

SerHawkes ... what is the point of having a player controlled character, who operates independently in important situations? If you are the character, you should be deciding everything. [related to your character]
And the game, quest, achievement system shouldn't interfere with your decision making.
You do realize that in most AVNs, specially story focused ones, you don't control everything. If that were the case, I can think of a number of characters in certain games I would kill off or not bother associating with. Ideally, sure, having a choice in such matters would be nice, but we are only four chapters in, with little to no actual sexual lewdity other than fan service and Ashe jerking off and the occational route dependant scene. We have yet to know the full impact of Ashe losing her dick virginity. Maybe in the long run it was worth it to lose it to a stranger at present who might turn into a lover.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, Zoey felt very random especially because she wasn't an important character

I would've used Fiona, to create more drama if we go on other paths (postponing the scene if necessary)

But hey, as long.as the dev has an idea of where the story is going i'm on board

Abaddon Doom

Jul 12, 2024
Anyway, I'm flogging a dead horse...mig
Reducing branching is not a cop out. It's a valid and often necessary decision.

Developers don't take away players' decisions. They give players decisions, when it suits them. If the player didn't have a choice, it's not because a choice was taken away from them, it's because it wasn't given to them, which is always the storyteller's prerogative.

Even when a developer gives a player a choice, the player is still choosing between options which were decided by the developer, with outcomes which were decided by the developer. The player never gets to opt out of a choice (unless they stop playing) or choose an option which wasn't already written into the story. Even the most open world game ever created still limits the players to what the developers have already decided would be included in the game. There is no possibility of ever avoiding this, except by not playing.

There will always be people complaining about something in any game. It doesn't matter what a developer does, players complaining will always happen. For a developer to try to dodge complaints is a losing game. The best thing for a developer to do is to stick to the story they want to tell, and understand at the start that some people will complain about it.

So the message here is: DON'T COMPLAIN!

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

Abaddon Doom

Jul 12, 2024
Don't criticize, don't complain, don't express yourself in any negative way...don't go against conformity, be a good citizen and do your duty. Feedback? No! Be grateful for what you are given...and don't complain.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Don't criticize, don't complain, don't express yourself in any negative way...don't go against conformity, be a good citizen and do your duty. Feedback? No! Be grateful for what you are given...and don't complain.
Dude, if you can't take the heat or push back, then don't bother. You can critcize all you want, everyone here has in one way or another. We are simply giving you a response and disagreeing with you with it being a big deal. That's it.

Aramintha

Jun 1, 2022
Why does it bother everyone so much that she had sex for the first time and with whom?
If there was a male MC in this game, no one would even whine about this!
Because there is always double standards when it comes to men and women loosing their virginity for men its usually cheered up on while women are often ostracized about it, its honestly so hypocritical.

I personally don't care who Ashe lost her virginity to since it clearly bothered her that she was a virgin and I am just happy our girl finally got laid.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
So the message here is: DON'T COMPLAIN!
No, the message to you, specifically, is that your criticism wasn't valid, because it was based on an incorrect assumption that the player ever actually has full agency in any game.

The message to developers, in general, is that they should know what story they want to tell, and stick to it, regardless of complaints.

Criticize and complain all you want. But other people are free to disagree with you.

Jbuster

Oct 25, 2019
Because there is always double standards when it comes to men and women loosing their virginity for men its usually cheered up on while women are often ostracized about it, its honestly so hypocritical.

I personally don't care who Ashe lost her virginity to since it clearly bothered her that she was a virgin and I am just happy our girl finally got laid.
[That's the thing people seems to ignore, Ashe is not a blank slate, she's her own character whose personality is being influenced by the player's choices, and because of that, those choices should still be in line with her character

She got safe, happy, fun sex with a hot chick that likes her and won't make a huge deal of it, won't make it uncomfortable in the long run and is asking nothing of her. I even see it as something healthy for her because all of her previous experiences at that point have been not so great]

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
And enjoy the game. You forget this one. You can do all of this but won't help you. Morrigan is the dev and decide what is going on. And in my opinion that is the way it should be. And love it or hate it.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Personally while I may not like the way Ashe lost her virginity mostly because it's just personal preference of mine not to sleep with LI that quickly, it not a big deal. Plus it clearly more than a quick fuck there is some character deveolopment and potential for some storytelling behind it. I've seen much worst cases in other games of someone losing it too quickly at least this felt intimate.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah, Zoey felt very random especially because she wasn't an important character

I would've used Fiona, to create more drama if we go on other paths (postponing the scene if necessary)

But hey, as long.as the dev has an idea of where the story is going i'm on board
That was the point i believe. Zoey is a random persom with who Ashe is more than willing to have sex and vice versa, something she had been wanting for a long time.

Now with her out of the story the consequences can be used for advancing the blackmailing storyline and to give space for the actual love interests, like Fiona per instance.

She got safe, happy, fun sex with a hot chick that likes her and won't make a huge deal of it, won't make it uncomfortable in the long run and is asking nothing of her. I even see it as something healthy for her because all of her previous experiences at that point have been not so great]
No, the message to you, specifically, is that your criticism wasn't valid, because it was based on an incorrect assumption that the player ever actually has full agency in any game.

The message to developers, in general, is that they should know what story they want to tell, and stick to it, regardless of complaints.
100% agree with both of those comments.

EpicWinger

Sep 7, 2020
Wow lots of talk about my post. As others mentioned I don't really think that Ashe losing her to anyone is a big deal. The problem I had with the Zoey thing is that it was so far into the game, it felt like 2 hours+ in or something. With the whole time before making constant jabs about Ashe being a virgin. It really felt like it came out of nowhere and was forced on the player unlike other the other sex scenes. If Zoey is the intended person for Ashe to lose her V card to that's 100% fine. But the whole scene really comes out of nowhere and really breaks the flow. It could be much more impactful in a lot of ways.

I think I kinda mentioned it but If its important for Ashe to lose her virginity as the sleepover, it would have been a much more engaging story queue if while walking into the hallway you choose one of the 4 girls that could show up to lose you V card with. Zoey still, Fiona (Maybe drunk or something? As to better flow with chapter 4?). Fiona's Mom (Kate? She is horny enough and don't think it would really change anything for the scene in episode 4), and Fiona's sister (Forgot her name, so sad too, it was her party after all. I would probably choose her in this scenario just because they would be losing it to each other which is nice.).

I really feel like it doesn't matter who she lost it to. I just think that the scene it self needs some work to fit into the story. It would be infinitely better if you could choose who you lose it to. However, if that is off the table then the scene itself needs some work. While I don't remember everything that happens I do remember that its really quick to the sex, there really should have been more deliberation on Ashes part if she really wanted commit to it even if she was horny. I think there was one or two lines maybe, but after spending a while with Ashe for a while up until that point it does feel like its a heavier decision than to almost instantly accept.

Anyways, like several people have said at the end of the day its up to the dev on how they want it. I'll probably continue to check out the game no matter what they add because I crave futa content. Yet, if they want to push their game that much further I would absolutly take another look at this scene and flesh it out a bit as people where way more vocal about it than I thought they would be. Figured it would just be me.

If the dev ends up reading this way to long of a post, please just keep working. I would absolutaly give you money if I wasn't flat broke no matter your desision just to have more futa in the world. The rest of the game was pretty good, so don't worry about it to much.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Well, The sex out of no where with Zoey is the point like others have pointed out. Think about it, how did you lose your V card? for most of us it wasn't that super romantic and perfect way. If it was for you, you are lucky.

I would add to the point the Leacher made about choice and workload. Would it have been more fun for the player to chose who Ashe loose her virginity with? I am not convinced. With the number of scenes needed to be made accounting for when and how she loses it with out counting the other scenes variations the possibilities are way too numerous. That sounds like a nightmare to write and then program. In that scenario the significance of the event and step in personal development would have needed to be... irrelevant to the overall story. I much prefer how it has been done.

If you ask me why I will simply answer that if you have the choice of LI for the event not everyone can be around for it and some will be left out and someone somewhere will be angry again that they can't get the one they want or that they would have preffered a different time for it. Or if you make it so it can be variable in time and place then the virginity needs to be a nonissue for things to go forward in at least a similar way every time. I much prefer to bite the bullet and go with the way Morrigan did it. Then the event can have major significance and it leads to other scenes being more natural. I feel that the scene with the grand reveal to Fiona would have played out verry differently had Ashe still be a virgin at that moment.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Would it have been more fun for the player to chose who Ashe loose her virginity with?
I'd argue it would've made it less fun. It's a harem game at the end of the day. I don't want to have to run through 4 saves just to see all the sex scenes out of a single event. Better to make 1 high quality sex scene, which we got, and then save sex with the other characters for events where they aren't going to be tacked on to fill some weird checklist for the picky players.
I mean hell there was already a divergence depending on Ashe's dom stat for that scene, that's already 1 path too many imo.

4.90 star(s) 104 Votes