Guardra

May 29, 2018
as much ass i have enjoying vn i am not sure how to feel about that ending with the text message she got i am all for interesting plot threads but i feel like that one (the text she got) will be dragged out which in turn will make Ashe drag out telling her best friend. I kinda wish this duplo discrimination wasnt a thing Ashe has seems like she has enough bs going on. But this is just my opinion i cant wait for the next update

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
Honestly, I don't see much of a problem with what this mysterious figure says, which is the worst thing he could do, telling his acquaintances that he is a Duplo? Sooo what? Would they call her a whore on the street? Maybe, but the people who love her will continue to be with her and the people who don't, well I know they will leave and that's it, I would say that I would be doing her a favor by revealing the truth instead of living hidden in her room smoking cigarettes to forget her loneliness, Which, in my opinion, is worse if they know the truth about her.

Now, assuming that Ashe foolishly wants to keep her secret for some reason, we will have to wait to meet the mysterious figure who would want from Ashe, since she has no money I only see two possible guesses, make her his bitch Duplo just as he calls her in his message which is most likely or two to prostitute her to get money from her.

Kontralta

Sep 28, 2023
A story line I have interest in is the other secret in Ashe's heart, something bad that happened in her past that gets alluded to in her dream with the beautifully stranger and her dark self destructing self. But that is an other discussion with even less to think about.
The beautifully stranger is Ashe's other mom. It seemed to me that Ashe was somehow responsible for her death, or she believes that she is.

Kontralta

Sep 28, 2023
Guessing who sent the messages may be pointless if it's a new character. But it also seems to me that Moira is the most obvious candidate among the already known characters.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
For the time being we don't know if it is blackmail or simply hate speech. We are so used to the blackmaill trope in AVN the likes that we identify anything that comes close to it as blackmail, even if it might not be. As far as leverage goes, being a duplo seems kinda week. Ashe is not some kind of public figure that cultivate a perfect public image or some one responsible for the lives of others like a CEO or politician. Coming out as a duplo would certainly have consequences in her private life and maybe income opportunity for a short while but other than that it is not some kind of juicy information. Even if the stranger post some "proof" on the internet, it would not be some kind of irrefutable material with the current technology. The only way for being a duplo to be some kind of godly black maill material would be if there is a strong social omerta on the subject and if it would put Ashe and her family in the streets with all resources denied to them. I don't believe it is the case, if it was Rachel would not have proposed to Ashe that she come out to Fiona.

Reactions: Birdnman993

GrumpyOldGit

Jan 29, 2021
Moira is mayor mom. I could see her being 'protective' of her daughter. She'd have the pull to find out I guess.

Zoeey, her, and the cop (Natasha?) are the only ones who could find out I feel like, from the characters we know.
The cop was my first thought, but I don't think she'd hide behind anonymity, whether blackmail or harassment is the intention. If anything, she'd hide her intention rather than her identity.

Well, you don't have to let Natasha touch you. Or do you think she finds out another way?

I think it's Moira's floozy. She was openly hostile to Ashe, saying already a version of "I know what you are."
Regardless of the choice you make there, Ashe is gonna accidentally leave behind an item which may give Natasha the clues she needs to figure it out. Moira's trophy wife was just convinced Ashe was the same as her (a leech); she obviously got more brains than she pretends to, but not enough brains to realize that not everyone she meets is a rival.

If it is not blackmail what would it be?
Harassment would be an option. Though they're not mutually exclusive. Motives could include prejudice, jealousy, a misguided sense of justice, self-righteousness or simple boredom, whether it is blackmail or harassment. One thing's for sure, this is gonna shoot holes in Ashe's ability to re-build her self-confidence.

I have no idea who it might be, but I'm slightly worried since I usually don't like blackmail plots as they take your agency away in a very frustrating way for a longer period for a fetish that is not enjoyed by the majority. It can be done well though, as long as its not too prominent.
I feel ya. I hope they're not gonna make too much noise out of it; I'd prefer it if that particular arc is kept as short as possible, and focus more on how it affects Ashe's mental state rather than drag out the blackmail forever.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Yhea a similar black mail attempt happened to someone close to me but failed the moment it was issued. This one if it is indeed black mail doesn't seems well thought out. The more this discussion evolve and less I find it making sense as black mail. On the other hand it could have real lasting impact on Ashe, she could develop panic attack from that if the perpetrator is relentless with their harassment. Or Ashe could rise up to the chalenge and go on a more confrontational path.

Reactions: damnedfrog

breckinva

Oct 8, 2023
I would find discovering Ashe's duplo nature from her underwear rather unbelievable. Whatever you find in her panties could have come from anywhere. It not only proves nothing, it suggests nothing.

4.90 star(s) 101 Votes