MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I can finally confirm Quintilus's claim that he is correct; this is indeed a very rough TL yet not unreadable like an MTL would. It does the job, but a lot of nuances went missing + the translator added some of his own writing in that were not in the original JP.

For context, this is a reply to check Wombraid's TL quality with the help of my friend who is bilingual with both JP and ENG. It all started with a conversation between myself and Muninkai (the translator of this game) in a different thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For a short game like Escape from Wombraid Maze, especially just for a short clip (6 minute playtime), it is clear to see edited MTL does not reach the level of high-quality translation by other fan or pro translators. For average RPGM this is acceptable, but I definitely won't like this level of quality if it is in a text-heavy game. That's just my own opinion, however.
Thanks for the feedback. Some of that is actually helpful. Like I said, edited MTL is not going to be perfect, but it creates serviceable translations of games. Glad we could agree on that.

Menu issue is fair, but might actually be an English problem not a translation one, since I did know what the buttons did independent of the JPN, and the descriptions are correct.

Rimotsuno was a typo, should be Rimotosuno, since I transliterated it. Remote Snow sounds stupid in English, and the name of the town is also entirely inconsequential to the game.

The split sentence and confusion are true, the translation got garbled. Did it impact your ability to play the game or understand the situation? No.

All my added text and varied idioms was consistent with what I had already said in a previous thread. Direct translation flattens scenes because there are lots of idioms that don't translate, and Japanese sentence structure that will always be awkward. This is just a difference in translation preference. Good translations do make changes to make stories more readable in the localised language afaic. Demons are used throughout the universe, including official translations. The Holy City is also sourced from other games in the series.

I'll add in, rather than reply in the Yggdrasil thread, that lol, you get what you pay for. Though, comically, better than the studio that released an 'official translation' that was just raw MTL. So yeah, companies could do worse, but it's pretty obvious that if you want to be successful, ratracing to edited MTL as an official release is clearly gonna backfire.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. Some of that is actually helpful. Like I said, edited MTL is not going to be perfect, but it creates serviceable translations of games. Glad we could agree on that.

Menu issue is fair, but might actually be an English problem not a translation one, since I did know what the buttons did independent of the JPN, and the descriptions are correct.

Rimotsuno was a typo, should be Rimotosuno, since I transliterated it. Remote Snow sounds stupid in English, and the name of the town is also entirely inconsequential to the game.

The split sentence and confusion are true, the translation got garbled. Did it impact your ability to play the game or understand the situation? No.

All my added text and varied idioms was consistent with what I had already said in a previous thread. Direct translation flattens scenes because there are lots of idioms that don't translate, and Japanese sentence structure that will always be awkward. This is just a difference in translation preference. Good translations do make changes to make stories more readable in the localised language afaic. Demons are used throughout the universe, including official translations. The Holy City is also sourced from other games in the series.

I'll add in, rather than reply in the Yggdrasil thread, that lol, you get what you pay for. Though, comically, better than the studio that released an 'official translation' that was just raw MTL. So yeah, companies could do worse, but it's pretty obvious that if you want to be successful, ratracing to edited MTL as an official release is clearly gonna backfire.
Yours gets pretty close I'll admit, so while we might have different opinions, thank you for the effort and my bad for assuming you are just another lazy edited MTL dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuninKai

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I can finally confirm Quintilus's claim that he is correct; this is indeed a very rough TL yet not unreadable like an MTL would. It does the job, but a lot of nuances went missing + the translator added some of his own writing in that were not in the original JP.

For context, this is a reply to check Wombraid's TL quality with the help of my friend who is bilingual with both JP and ENG. It all started with a conversation between myself and Muninkai (the translator of this game) in a different thread.
For a short game like Escape from Wombraid Maze, especially just for a short clip (6 minute playtime), it is clear to see edited MTL does not reach the level of high-quality translation by other fan or pro translators. For average RPGM this is acceptable, but I definitely won't like this level of quality if it is in a text-heavy game. That's just my own opinion, however.
So in short, game dosent forces you to figure out what "scoop it up and put it in" mean -> thats a good translation.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'm stuck at the part where Sarah gives you the invisible gloves. Where do I go now?
You're in the Orc village right? Should be you can just leave the tent and it will teleport you to the next level (or go to bed and you can fight the Ogre to either Bad End or advance towards the True End).

Reactions: LyLyfakes

Dsigh95

Jun 18, 2020
You're in the Orc village right? Should be you can just leave the tent and it will teleport you to the next level (or go to bed and you can fight the Ogre to either Bad End or advance towards the True End).
Orc village? I'm on the floor where Sarah and you talk after getting keys to get to that floor.
Yeah going to bed advanced things, thanks.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Orc village? I'm on the floor where Sarah and you talk after getting keys to get to that floor.
Yeah going to bed advanced things, thanks.
It's been a while since I played, so I'm glad that worked.

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Heya, i wanted to ask something, because i'm having problems with the Ogre after going to sleep, i can't really beat him. So, how to beat him, please ?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Heya, i wanted to ask something, because i'm having problems with the Ogre after going to sleep, i can't really beat him. So, how to beat him, please ?
Yeah, he's a real pain in the ass. He's also not strictly necessary to beat the game, only to get the True End. The fight is easier if you explore the floor below that, you can steal an item from the Goblin Trainer. It makes the fight a fair bit easier.

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Yeah, he's a real pain in the ass. He's also not strictly necessary to beat the game, only to get the True End. The fight is easier if you explore the floor below that, you can steal an item from the Goblin Trainer. It makes the fight a fair bit easier.
I was going for the True End, yeah. Welp, i did go to the Goblin Trainer but i didn't have any item that really helped.

I took the full save here and did see that in key items, something called "Goblin Trainer's Pouch" (Or something like that, don't remember exactly) was present. Which i assume is the item that helps to make the fight easier ? Because the other item (The one upgrading the powers of the MC temporairly) didn't help at all.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I was going for the True End, yeah. Welp, i did go to the Goblin Trainer but i didn't have any item that really helped.

I took the full save here and did see that in key items, something called "Goblin Trainer's Pouch" (Or something like that, don't remember exactly) was present. Which i assume is the item that helps to make the fight easier ? Because the other item (The one upgrading the powers of the MC temporairly) didn't help at all.
When you fight the Ogre do you charge right in, or is there a scene where you steal the amulet using a tentacle first?

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
When you fight the Ogre do you charge right in, or is there a scene where you steal the amulet using a tentacle first?
Didn't have any scene with the tentacle stealing the amulet so yeah, i did something wrong or, didn't do something at all xD

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Didn't have any scene with the tentacle stealing the amulet so yeah, i did something wrong or, didn't do something at all xD
Yeah, it's been a while. I think you need to find and beat the Tamer, then search his belongings? Should have written down my process.

Yamiyono

Mar 9, 2019
Yeah, it's been a while. I think you need to find and beat the Tamer, then search his belongings? Should have written down my process.
Yep, just me that didn't search enough when i beat the tamer then x) ... Well, beat, more like i controled monsters to beat him xD

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
can somegive an file just before the true end fight would be nice
I didn't save right before the True End Fight, but I saved before the final floor on the True End Route. The gap between this save and my recollection room is only 10 minutes, so it should be pretty easy to get to.

Reactions: nenlee
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes