2.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Cere Burn

Aug 8, 2017
clearing that file location doesn't fix the issue for me, I cannot get the game to actually start, it just keeps looping through start a new game, and choose an empty slot.

FifouWeb

Apr 26, 2018
clearing that file location doesn't fix the issue for me, I cannot get the game to actually start, it just keeps looping through start a new game, and choose an empty slot.
main menu makes me create a new game then sends me back to main menu
Same issue for me.

You need to copy the provided save files in the save folder to solve the issue. ( play_1.json and play_2.json)

Last edited:

Yann33

Oct 18, 2017
I don't understand why the dev continues to make his game on this platform (Pixel Game Maker). Then he does what he wants but hey.. It's full of bugs and to start from an old backup, it's not even worth it. :cautious:
If with each update, you have to redo a game, it will quickly become boring.

Voidstaff

Jan 16, 2021
I tried your method with my old save and it didn't work. The game is also blocked. :unsure:
What do you mean ,,The game is blocked" ?. You don't have access to the game folder? If yes, make sure you are using administrator account or account with admin privileges. ,,I tried your method with my old save and it didn't work" - yeah, you have to use saves provided by game dev. :HideThePain:

Yann33

Oct 18, 2017
What do you mean ,,The game is blocked" ?. You don't have access to the game folder? If yes, make sure you are using administrator account or account with admin privileges. ,,I tried your method with my old save and it didn't work" - yeah, you have to use saves provided by game dev. :HideThePain:
When i say that the game is blocked, i used my old save v0.16b with this method to play it in v0.17 but i can't select my save anymore. As you can see in the image, there are only zeros and I can no longer go up or down. When I put my old save in "ressource", the game does not detect it. Of course I could put the dev save and redo everything from the beginning but I don't want to. if I have to redo the whole game for each update, it will quickly become boring despite the fact that I like the game. Is there any other way to pick up where I left off?.

Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
appdata -> local
Can only say if it is maintained like this now: have fun with the complaints with my Antivurs roaring .
Have now seen the same problem with many homemade games. That's why it's always better if the saves are in the game folder^^

Old Save work not !!!

0.16b Save work not.

When I read what the problem is. Apparently he is looking for the save in the old slot and in the new slot everything is mixed up. heist 0.17 is unplayable with it. He edited the save system and has leftovers from the old save system in it. That's why old saves are displayed incorrectly.
say again leave the safe in the games folder otherwise hate even more trouble. or have fun programming everything new .

Last edited:

Cere Burn

Aug 8, 2017
Same issue for me.

You need to copy the provided save files in the save folder to solve the issue. ( play_1.json and play_2.json)
putting that save file into resources\save did get it working for me. I'd misunderstood and thought the trick was just cleaning out old save files. Makes this game version feel more like going back to alpha than beta version if it doesn't have the logic to check for any existing saves and just create a new working save like it did in previous versions. That being said, I'm not writing it, nor have I written a game like this, so it's easy for me to bitch about it.

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes