4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Yep, I decided to stop being their Patron. I love the game and I know shit takes time but, when you start only making your Patreon updates about wallpapers and specifically only mention your plan for wallpapers while avoiding any explanation or plan for the game, that's just a no from me.

Will check it out when it updates but I ain't in the habit of paying for a monthly wallpaper generator

Modsognir

Dec 26, 2020
Keep in mind that the dev doesn't get 1500$. Patreon gets its cut, and then there are taxes. I don't know how representative this is, but one comrade who makes podcasts and such and finances it in part via Patreon says he gets about half of what patrons give.
I am sure that varies from country to country, and probably also depends on the total amount of money.

• Wow
Reactions: Nanorh

Nanorh

Apr 6, 2019
Keep in mind that the dev doesn't get 1500$. Patreon gets its cut, and then there are taxes. I don't know how representative this is, but one comrade who makes podcasts and such and finances it in part via Patreon says he gets about half of what patrons give.
I am sure that varies from country to country, and probably also depends on the total amount of money.
So...he's averaging at around $800 per month...For a monthly wallpaper? That's pretty decent for me! (;

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
What you see on the Patreon page. Patreon already took their cut. Except for the small fee you have to give PayPal/Payoneer.
Not accurate....patreon fee isn't out of that number. They take somewhere around 10% out of that yet. The total support number is just based on members and tiers.

Also...some of you guys need to remember it is a revenue number and not income. They still need to fund their venture out of that......daz assets....music if they buy it (jamendo is a common one)....hardware if needed.....power....etc. It is also taxable income if the dev cannot throw business expenses against it....heniss is German, so I wont pretend to understand their tax laws.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Not accurate....patreon fee isn't out of that number. They take somewhere around 10% out of that yet. The total support number is just based on members and tiers.

Also...some of you guys need to remember it is a revenue number and not income. They still need to fund their venture out of that......daz assets....music if they buy it (jamendo is a common one)....hardware if needed.....power....etc. It is also taxable income if the dev cannot throw business expenses against it....heniss is German, so I wont pretend to understand their tax laws.
From what I know, in 6000 dollars around half would go in the various taxes and other expenses. It is pretty costly in Germany IMO

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
From what I know, in 6000 dollars around half would go in the various taxes and other expenses. It is pretty costly in Germany IMO
Kinda what I figured. Either way, at the level he is at (same as a majority of these devs), the patreon income is partially funding a hobby....at best.

Regardless....ill never understand the fascination some members here have of patreon and a dev's income or activity. In this case, the wallpaper comments come off as sour grapes towards a dev working on something that isnt the game pirated here...similar comments for things like comics....additional benefits etc tend to plague these threads.

If the patrons like the content...communication...etc, they will support and stick around. None of that should be anyone else's business.

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
Taxes rates in Germany (and most other (European) countries), depends on how much you earn. If those are all his earning, he either pays no taxes at all, or like ~14% over a small portion of that.
Moreover, you have deductibles, which are likely to make the effective tax rate even lower.

But since we know near nothing about his financial situation and expenditures, I don't see how this is even a topic up for discussion.

---

And even if his income was 'low', I still don't see how that is relevant and/or something we should care about. The guy has broken promise after promise and not released anything for months. Of course people will drop their patreon support, so of course his patreon income will drop. This is not weird, a problem, or what some try to insinuate: the cause for some sort of lack of interest on the side of the developer.
So why complain about a 'low' income, when he himself has set up this methode of financing and he himself has not released anything? It's honestly real weird to make this into an issue imo.

But if you want to go down that road, instead of only emphasizing with the creator, how about also emphasizing with the people who actually put money into this project? Because they got nothing for it. Well... besides a wallpaper... Or are their money and feelings irrelevant in all this?

I like this game, but sheesh, the way some people try to one-sidedly justify some of the behavior here, is pretty weird, disturbing and borderline creepy.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
There are tons of other games that are dropped or get very rare updates, but these games often feature the same kind of stories (maledom and/or harem oriented). So if any of these other games aren't updated regularly, it doesn't really matter because there are tons of other games out there with the same "patterns/kinks".

However, games like Estate Dominate (femdom oriented with both excellent writing and interesting fetishes) are pretty rare (I only know of one other game like this)... Which is why... I don't know, I'm just very sad...

...Because I really like this game *sigh*

Reactions: utiola and Kukipett

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
$1,506 is not that low..
I don't know where you live or if you still live with your parents maybe, but if you have a family, a house, a car and all the charges you will need twice that money to survive in a modern country.
Where i live in switzerland, if i take my example with a house, two cars, my wife and two tennagers in college, my wife and I we need at least 8000 a month to keep things running.
Not everybody here player or dev is not a student in a dorm who makes that kind of game and tries to live out of it with that little money.
If i was a dev i would need at least 4000-5000 a month to be able to live out of it and without any luxury.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Getting a net 3.4~k per month in Germany is better than the national avg pay, even if half of the 6k gets taken away, unless you are literally funding a bigger house, you can have an apartment, pay for a smaller family, and still have money left over (For perspective the "avg" income in Germany is around 2.75k net per month and he likely gets more than the avg income purely from Patreon without doing anything).
My theory is that he, like a lot of others, are just letting the money flow in without doing anything, because Patrons don't pay attention or don't care about their money. If he works full time he could double his money and aim for an early retirement.

The amount of funding he gets from Patreon would be enough to motivate anyone to work in Germany or where ever.

I really enjoyed the content that we had here, really sad that this is where things had to end.. So many good ones are just falling off the map by lying and making use of horny dudes for the most profit they can. Thought those devs were one of us, but I guess now that they can afford all the hookers and blow we can imagine, the community no longer matters. :'(

Last edited:

Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
what is so complicated to understand that depends on many things. where you live, the studies you have, your life goals, the social status where you come from, the size of the family, if for some reason you have debts (sometimes it may not be your fault)
how do you guys want to tell someone how much they need to live? are you guys really going to try to argue this just because you are bored and there's nothing better to do than whining about what someone you don't know need to live :HideThePain:

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
I don't know where you live or if you still live with your parents maybe, but if you have a family, a house, a car and all the charges you will need twice that money to survive in a modern country.
Where i live in switzerland, if i take my example with a house, two cars, my wife and two tennagers in college, my wife and I we need at least 8000 a month to keep things running.
Not everybody here player or dev is not a student in a dorm who makes that kind of game and tries to live out of it with that little money.
If i was a dev i would need at least 4000-5000 a month to be able to live out of it and without any luxury.
:unsure: What ?? I think you are off topic lol.. When I say $1,506 is not that low, it just means that when your subcribers give you this amount you can't let them down and only give them a monthly wallpaper...

Reactions: Nanorh
4.40 star(s) 118 Votes