4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

Modsognir

Dec 26, 2020
If I miss or ignore a deadline by several days I would at the very least have to explain the reasons to my boss and probably also to the client. And I think that is fairly similar to most people on here. For students deadlines are often even stricter.

If the only thing anonymous devs like Henissart have to fear for missing (entirely self-imposed!) deadlines and being radio-silent for weeks is the backlash of some forum users, they can count themselves very lucky.
Okay? Are people here their client though? Or their boss? If so, why are they using this forum, instead of messaging them via Patreon/Subscribestar?
As I said, you can always just stop paying. You know. Like a boss when their employee doesn't fulfill their contract.
Complaining and ranting about this issue here seems like the most unconstructive thing people who actually support Henissart financially can do. And anyone who doesn't support them financially... Tough shit. We're not entitled to enjoy the labour of others for free.

Requiem131

May 19, 2021
If you want to play a 'nice dom' the neutral path is better for that. Dom is more like the 'asshole path'.
Good to know, I don't think I'll replay it all just to redo my choices and go into the neutral path, but it's good to know there is a path for it. Still, it does prove the initial point that in this game (and others as well) for some reason dom is turned into asshole. Thanks for sharing that gen! :)

tgki9878

Feb 15, 2021
I am getting this error Exception: Could not load image u'images/block03/helpinganja/Block03_HelpingAnja_15.jpg': error('Unsupported image format',) can someone please help?

spar

May 15, 2017
Well, another game with potential to the dump, months without updates, a forum full of people fighting, one believing that criticizing will achieve something and others that seem more SIMP defending this to the death as if they were going to achieve something, and a discord full of messages that they have nothing to do with the game.

fjwelfje

Jul 14, 2020
[QUOTE="Requiem131, post: 6126617, member: 37151
I completely disagree. One of the things that sets gaming apart from reading is the agency the player has. If choices are meaningless, then you take away all agency and thus, better to see a film or read a novel. There are many ways in which you can branch out the story and give meaningful choices, while at the same time keeping branching under control so as not to become "two different games" because of one choice. Actually, Estate Dominate does it pretty well to keep decisions both having an impact and not branching out too far.
[/QUOTE]

I don't play a game to see the MC get out unscathed any more than I read a book to see the MC get out unscathed. It's the Hero's Journey. They have to get into lots of trouble and come out changed in some way.

I don't think the grand arc can be changed practically. The MC can shape the details a bit, but the grand arc can't be altered without it being a whole 'nother story.

One thing I see in these games (not necessarily Estate Dominate in particular) is that players can't try to avoid things without the danger of succeding. IRL, people would try very hard to avoid most of the trouble they find themselves in, but too often I find myself having the player make an unrealistic decision so as to keep the trouble coming. I like games where no matter what you do you are going to be in plenty of trouble - maybe even the very trouble you are trying to avoid. All good stories torture the MC, games let the player in on the fun a bit, both of torturing the MC and being tortured. How the MC prevails and what 'prevailing' means depends on how they changed along the way so as to be able to 'prevail'.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
It's been over 10 months since the last update, and the game is still not set to "abandoned" status.
I think that we are dealing with excessive optimism or wishful thinking
Surprise! Abandoned status is not being assigned by release update frequency nor the date of the latest release - so neither is the case.

Reactions: smokincandi69

smokincandi69

Aug 2, 2020
I sugest to take your mind from this game and move on to something else, is just a monthly wallpaper release just like Come Inside game...
the people like you who just keep posting about this come inside game is a wallpaper release machine and that you think estate dominance is the same yet it's really just your opinion that you had to share after less than a hour after making your account really pisses me off it's like half the thread now it's the same thing from different accounts that had just been created can the people or person who keeps doing it please stop it derailing from the thread and i am sure i am not the only one who is over someone stating that opinion over and over again

bemkar

Jul 9, 2021
the people like you who just keep posting about this come inside game is a wallpaper release machine and that you think estate dominance is the same yet it's really just your opinion that you had to share after less than a hour after making your account really pisses me off it's like half the thread now it's the same thing from different accounts that had just been created can the people or person who keeps doing it please stop it derailing from the thread and i am sure i am not the only one who is over someone stating that opinion over and over again
yeah you keep simping but this game is another Come Inside...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Development cycles aside, come inside was a bad game from the first release. I have no idea why it was so popular. Estate Dominate has remained a great game with each update.

Having said that: NOBODY CARES A FUCK ABOUT THE COMPARISON OF THIS GAME WITH COME INSIDE HERE.

Can you imagine Henissart "Oh nooo o_O they are comparing me to Come Inside. I better release the update right now!"?

So would you just stop it with the stupid comparisons?!? nobody cares a shit about it.

Last edited:

bemkar

Jul 9, 2021
Development cycles aside, come inside was a bad game from the first release. I have no idea why it was so popular. Estate Dominate has remained a great game with each update.

Having said that: NOBODY CARES A FUCK ABOUT THE COMPARISON OF THIS GAME WITH COME INSIDE HERE.

Can you imagine Henissart "Oh nooo o_O they are comparing me to Come Inside. I better release the update right now!"?

So would you just stop it with the stupid comparisons?!? nobody cares a shit about it.
Yeah imagine the devs good laugh cuz some of you don't see the same pattern here between the two games...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah imagine the devs good laugh cuz some of you don't see the same pattern here between the two games...
Oh yess! Directly, from the temple of doom, they put their evil music in the background, their rope and mask and they laugh at all us random perverts in a pirate forum about how well they developed their master plan!

"And they never figured out, we are one and the same" :KEK: Lex Luthor says hi, by the way.

Yes.. that makes total sense... good call of figuring it out, genius.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 118 Votes