4.40 star(s) 118 Votes

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Another long post on the direction of the game
Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to write another post on the direction of the game for a while.
In particular about the distinction between the character paths, and the difference between the setting, and what takes place in it. Since Release 4 seems to have lead to some confusion, now is as good a time as ever to write that post. I'm going with a Q&A format to make it easily digestible.
Note that I can't talk about the direction of the game without talking about the direction of the game, so if you're concerned about spoilers and you're content with the game anyway, you might want to skip this post.

Q: Is Estate : Dominate a 'Femdom Game'?
A: No, it isn't. The game is set in a female dominated environment, but that does not mean that everything taking place there will be 'femdom'.
Imagine a movie that is set at the front line of a war. That movie could be a war movie, but it could also be a romantic love story. You would, of course, expect the front line setting to have relevance either way. So even if the movie is a love story, there's a good chance one of the lovers dies to a random artillery shell in the end.
The same is true for Estate : Dominate. The MC will be in a female dominated setting for the entire game. But that does not mean that all content will be 'femdom'. It does, however, mean that even an MC with a dominant disposition can be hit by a femdom artillery shell from time to time.

Q: I want to be a dominant MC, where is my dominant content?
A: It's coming, but I have no intention to degrade the game by allowing you to 'escape' the setting. If you are not interested to play as a dominant MC in a female dominated environment, then Estate : Dominate is not the game for you and you should play something else.
If you do continue to play, you will be able to slowly expand your power and partly turn the tables. Unlikely to the point of formal role reversal, and certainly with setbacks to remind you of the place you're in, but there will be plenty of dominant scenes where you can take advantage of other servants or get to pay back some of the Mistresses for what they've done to you.

Q: So the game won't be a never-ending image series of a caged dick now?
A: Of course not. Release 4 sets up the first really major split of the game. The caging does a lot of heavy story lifting. It establishes several important conflicts, both between the MC and the Mistresses, and between other characters. It gives a reason for the Mistresses to care for the MC's sex life and take an active part in it. And it will play out in very different ways, depending on the path you choose. Only the sub MC will 'enjoy' chastity for an extended period. Which is great for him, because it will allow him to serve the Mistresses even better.

Q: OK, so what exactly is the difference between the 3 character paths?
A: First of all, you can switch very freely between them so far. There are no points to collect and no game overs. You should really just forget about all this the first time you play, and simply make choices and live with them. That said, I do develop the MC in 3 different flavors. Submissive, dominant and neutral.
Here's a very rough sketch of what you can expect:
Submissive: Slowly but surely learns to appreciate service, but is not always appreciated himself. Most content will be femdom, ranging from abuse to more gentle and caring domination. There will also be occasional scenes where he is forced to do things against his nature to other characters.
Dominant: Despises the situation more and more and wants payback. Schemes and bullies his way into more freedom which will lead to a focus on maledom content. But will still accept that he can't openly rebel and will be forced to serve from time to time, just like anyone else.
Neutral: Does what it takes to get through the summer while protecting Heather. If he must serve for that, he does. If he can get an advantage by being more dominant, he does that too. Will get a mix of content and the biggest focus on relationships.
All paths have exactly the same importance to me, and to get the full experience, you should really play them all. The game is meant as one giant 'what if' scenario. I'm personally neither into femdom, nor maledom. I'm into characters, mindgames and power plays, regardless of sex or gender.

Alright, I hope that explains what I'm doing a bit better. I think much of the confusion stems from the episodic release model and people's tendency to extrapolate the current state into the future. But that's not how a story works. There are high points and low points for a hero in a story, and a Release ending on either one of those does not mean that that's how it will be forever and ever. I think one of the reasons so many adult games fall apart quickly, is that there's an immense pressure to present the 'end state' from the start. Which leaves you with no room to develop, you can just repeat and repeat, until the characters have fallen apart.

I'm well aware that what I'm doing isn't the norm, but that's the main reason I want to make the game in the first place. So everything I've written above is nonnegotionable

All the best,
Henissart

P.S. on the direction of the game. Everything is still accurate.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
That post seems accurate to what I imagined. I assume I will have to wait until at least Episode 6 or 7 to get the belt off so I will wait and check back in about 4-6 months to see if the plot can function without it as I prefer clever psychological pressure forcing submission without the need for physical restraint being a narrative device to force the plot along, but I still love the two daughters and I did enjoy seeing the MC suffer. :)

Reactions: dunhill
D

Deleted member 44741

If you'd read such comments before posting you would know that most of players are pissed from being cheated with a fake male-dom route and NOT on femdom part of content. So please stop posing like we're against your femdom fetish. We aren't at all - we just want to not being lured by fake tags/promises.

Try to imagine opposite - how you would react if MC suddenly begin rape&beat bitches on sub route? Ofk you would be pissed. So why you're refusing us right to do the same?
Point taken. I wish the dev was a bit more clear on this. And yes, I've seen the big post from johnelros

scroll through some comments of "A wife and Mother". that's all I'm gonna say xD
Alright, I'm going in.

*10 mins later*

Nice. I prefer to read that than the inner dialogue of the MC in this game. :p

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Sounds like a tragic number of people just don’t understand story structure. Big oofs all around.
Pretty much.

To many people confusing dominant for having absolute control.
As if the story didn't already point out that you are in a catch-22 situation and you need to make the best of it.

It is nice to see the Dev is sticking to their guns on this and the crybaby essentially got told as politely as possible to get bent and go home.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I really think the story took a turn for worse, if those that like sub were forced to be rebellious they will also come here to say they dont like it [...]
Which fall back to what I said first. Before the end of the introduction it was clear that there will be femdom, and before the end of the first day, clear that it will take a big part of the game. And I don't even talk about what the author said, and continue to say ; just playing the game is enough to understand that, if you don't like femdom, this game will not be for you.

So, stop being a brat. You decided by yourself to play a game that is clearly not for you, and 7 months after the first release, you're still here playing it... It's way too late now, you have no rights (and even less "prerogative") to complain because there's femdom.
It's as ridiculous than asking for eggs and bacon, then complaining that there's eggs all over your bacon. You are the one who made the choice to play this game and to continue to play it. Assume it instead of ridiculously blame the author for you own decisions.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Which fall back to what I said first. Before the end of the introduction it was clear that there will be femdom, and before the end of the first day, clear that it will take a big part of the game. And I don't even talk about what the author said, and continue to say ; just playing the game is enough to understand that, if you don't like femdom, this game will not be for you.

So, stop being a brat. You decided by yourself to play a game that is clearly not for you, and 7 months after the first release, you're still here playing it... It's way too late now, you have no rights (and even less "prerogative") to complain because there's femdom.
It's as ridiculous than asking for eggs and bacon, then complaining that there's eggs all over your bacon. You are the one who made the choice to play this game and to continue to play it. Assume it instead of ridiculously blame the author for you own decisions.
so im a brat because i have an opinión? i played because this game was tagged with male dom not because it have femdom in 1st place, and until this last update i did not have a problem with that route, until the forced cage thing and all that in this last update.
This is a fórum where people can express theyr opinions , i expressed mine and you are the one who quoted me so im entitled to defend my opinión when someone like you or any other want to quote me on this, you are entitled to your opinión but you should respect what others like me think about the game, is not much to ask is it? .

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
To many people confusing dominant for having absolute control.
Clearly your reading comprehension sucks. None of the plethora of negative feedback referred to absolute control
It is nice to see the Dev is sticking to their guns on this and the crybaby essentially got told as politely as possible to get bent and go home.
:WaitWhat:
Yep was already obvious you have a very distorted sense of reality. Honestly have no idea what you are talking about. But clearly you were very butthurt someone dared to have an opinion different from yours :KEK:

It was NOT clear how much femdom there would be on the dominant path. But now we know. And it's certainly not beyond reason to expect some agenda as a dom in the most fateful scene of the game; and to not passively submit like a lil sissy. But do not fear...now that Henissart made things clear I among others will presently unfollow the thread. There will be a mass exodus and you'll be left alone in your submissive/sissy circlejerk. HF

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Clearly your reading comprehension sucks. None of the plethora of negative feedback referred to absolute control

:WaitWhat:
Yep was already obvious you have a very distorted sense of reality. Honestly have no idea what you are talking about. But clearly you were very butthurt someone dared to have an opinion different from yours :KEK:
Oh really ?
I must have just imagined all those post about people upset that the MC didn't act like they think he should and that if they were the MC they wouldn't allow it and fight back. Yep i totally didn't see people posting that.

I must have also just made up the "I quit" post because the dev doesn't know what they are doing there's no male-dom here just sissy's.

Also, a plethora of negative feedback ?
If you call what's been posted feedback then you guys need to work on that. It read like a bunch of whiny entitled brats who didn't even read the text and instead got overly bent out of shape by the actions on screen.

So please quit like you stated you guys would. Clearly you're not capable of understanding what type of game you're getting into and are becoming more obnoxious that people asking for NTR in games where devs have already said that's not happening.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Oh really ?
I must have just imagined all those post about people upset that the MC didn't act like they think he should and that if they were the MC they wouldn't allow it and fight back. Yep i totally didn't see people posting that.

I must have also just made up the "I quit" post because the dev doesn't know what they are doing there's no male-dom here just sissy's.

Also, a plethora of negative feedback ?
If you call what's been posted feedback then you guys need to work on that. It read like a bunch of whiny entitled brats who didn't even read the text and instead got overly bent out of shape by the actions on screen.

So please quit like you stated you guys would. Clearly you're not capable of understanding what type of game you're getting into and are becoming more obnoxious that people asking for NTR in games where devs have already said that's not happening.
is absolute control to stop her from footjob your dick when you are having dinner for a mc that have the guts to stop someone from slapping him, for a mc that can be kinda brutal with a maid that defended him.?
You and all people here think they have the right to forcé people into theyr beliefs but each individual is entitled to have theyr own opinión of this, the same i am, if you cant understand that try to not keep pointless debate about this and refrain from quoting someone.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
is absolute control to stop her from footjob your dick when you are having dinner for a mc that have the guts to stop someone from slapping him, for a mc that can be kinda brutal with a maid that defended him.?
You and all people here think they have the right to forcé people into theyr beliefs but each individual is entitled to have theyr own opinión of this, the same i am, if you cant understand that try to not keep pointless debate about this and refrain from quoting someone.
You want to bring up the dinner scene okay.

Did you take the two seconds needed to realize that Miss Stern saw all of what Elizabeth did ?
Did you even read the text between Elizabeth and Miss Stern ?

I sincerely doubt it because if you did, you'd notice that Miss Stern knows it's a load of crap and respected you for showing some discipline during that sequence. She's very aware that Elizabeth is being a puppetmaster for her own gains and is giving you some freedom in your actions.

But sure lets talk about your "Opinion" here for a hot second. You're can post what you want, I can call it the hot garbage it is.
You may not like that and frankly i don't care. I'm not here to make you feel validated and the developer has already weighed in and said your opinion is completely invalid.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
You want to bring up the dinner scene okay.

Did you take the two seconds needed to realize that Miss Stern saw all of what Elizabeth did ?
Did you even read the text between Elizabeth and Miss Stern ?

I sincerely doubt it because if you did, you'd notice that Miss Stern knows it's a load of crap and respected you for showing some discipline during that sequence. She's very aware that Elizabeth is being a puppetmaster for her own gains and is giving you some freedom in your actions.

But sure lets talk about your "Opinion" here for a hot second. You're can post what you want, I can call it the hot garbage it is.
You may not like that and frankly i don't care. I'm not here to make you feel validated and the developer has already weighed in and said your opinion is completely invalid.
you seem to missunderstand me, i dont care if she did know that her daughters was setting us up, what i care is that the mc did nothing and just acted submissive.
and because you or any other think im wrong wont change what i think, the same i wont yours, is called respect for a reason.
you are no one to judge if im wrong based on your own, the same i cant.

No. It’s because your opinion is based on a misunderstanding of core ideas, and dripping in whining entitlement, lacking in self-awareness.

That’s... pretty much the definition of a brat, I must say. ;)
funny i think the same about you.

anyway i tired of this , i wont reply to any of you anymore since i think is a waste of my time , please do the same ;)

Twistedrem

Mindkiller Dev and Woman Respecter
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
(By the way. Did he just "I know you are, but what am I?" me?)

Who let the PewDePie fans in here????? :p

• Haha
Reactions: ZTex

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It was NOT clear how much femdom there would be on the dominant path.
What was not clear when MC had to wear those clothes ?
What was not clear in Anja explanations ?
What was not clear when Isabella used Heather as toilet ? It don't mater that it was Heather and not the MC, it's the way she act with the servants of her mother, and the MC is one of them.
What was not clear during the pool scene with Mrs. von Stern ? Especially when she said that she will, reluctantly, cut MC's dick if she need to.

There will be a mass exodus and you'll be left alone in your submissive/sissy circlejerk.
So far, I saw less that a dozen of complainer, and a bunch of people that loved this update. But you're right, you shouldn't be here. I mean, this forum is for adults after all.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
you seem to missunderstand me, i dont care if she did know that her daughters was setting us up, what i care is that the mc did nothing and just acted submissive.
and because you or any other think im wrong wont change what i think, the same i wont yours, is called respect for a reason.
you are no one to judge if im wrong based on your own, the same i cant.

funny i think the same about you.

anyway i tired of this , i wont reply to any of you anymore since i think is a waste of my time , please do the same ;)
No i don't misunderstand you. You misunderstand the game and the situation the MC is in.

You think that making a scene over diner is submitting. That's short sighted and that's why you're wrong.
Had he acted out in that situation he would likely have been in much more trouble than not speaking out. It's called restraint, something most people whose congnitive functions are above that of a teenager realize. You can't always act on impulse.

Also, no your defintion of respect is way of base.
You've been nothing but disrepectful to the Dev's work. You think your perception is the only thing that matters and that the game should cater to your viewpoints alone.

4.40 star(s) 118 Votes