Mod Ren'Py Eternum [v0.7.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Was just opening the game to use the gallery after not touching it for a while, noticed a bug.

In the SanchoGallery, Maat's scene doesn't have any music. It does in the regular gallery.

Eternum 0.5... I have the original archive for the game from 1/21/2023, so probably pre-public release, but I'm not sure if anything was changed between pre-public and public release in the game. Windows 10.

Also oddly a bunch of stuff in the regular gallery is still locked in my save, which is strange since I completed everything in my last playthrough, though that might be something not-mod related.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Gonna ping you since I did some troubleshooting.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I downloaded the Public release version of the game posted in the OP of the game thread, and installed the latest SanchoMod. Same problems. Fixed the save issue by reloading older saves and hitting the scenes again. Perhaps the main gallery progress is stored in a separate file?

As for SanchoGallery, the following scenes are missing music:
Blurred Realities
Midnight Comfort
Devious Games music starts late but it kicks in soon enough
Egyptian Plunder
Mexican Feast

FakeEdit: Okay, I found out what's going on here with the gallery scenes being locked. When you use the SanchoGallery, it somehow checks a variable that removes your gallery progress in the main gallery. So, for example, if I have Honor Mission unlocked in the main gallery, then I play Honor Mission in the SanchoGallery, Honor Mission will then be locked again in the Main Gallery.
However, this only applies to certain gallery scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still Waters
Space Odyssey
Fancy Evening
Mexican Feast
Honor Mission
Emergency Stop

But strangely not Daring Challenge.

For whatever reason your SanchoGallery is flipping some variable for those scenes.

Also... why isn't your mod listed in the OP for Eternum?

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Gonna ping you since I did some troubleshooting.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I downloaded the Public release version of the game posted in the OP of the game thread, and installed the latest SanchoMod. Same problems. Fixed the save issue by reloading older saves and hitting the scenes again. Perhaps the main gallery progress is stored in a separate file?

Blurred Realities
Midnight Comfort
Egyptian Plunder
Mexican Feast

FakeEdit: Okay, I found out what's going on here with the gallery scenes being locked. When you use the SanchoGallery, it somehow checks a variable that removes your gallery progress in the main gallery. So, for example, if I have Honor Mission unlocked in the main gallery, then I play Honor Mission in the SanchoGallery, Honor Mission will then be locked again in the Main Gallery.
However, this only applies to certain gallery scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still Waters
Space Odyssey
Fancy Evening
Mexican Feast
Honor Mission
Emergency Stop

But strangely not Daring Challenge.

For whatever reason your SanchoGallery is flipping some variable for those scenes.

Also... why isn't your mod listed in the OP for Eternum?
All SanchoMod SanchoGalleries (for all VN's public I have submitted) are coded as to not unlock a VN's gallery (if applicable) on purpose. It's intended to leave those locked so the Player unlocks them as "cheevos" (achievements) during normal playthrough. If the scene was unlocked through normal playthrough (not via the usage of an "unlocker") then it shouldn't relock... I swore I checked that but I'll check again on a pure build.

Music is something I try to capture in the code but sometimes that can be missed as well since that code is usually the last I do in the process and usually under the gun to get a product update out. So, might have missed a few.

Reactions: DudePersonA

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fucking hell.... WTF did I do? It's been a long time since I dropped the ball but I certainly did here.

Give me some time to sort this proper... I don't even know which update this started from but I see the problem clearly. I'm feeling like a dope at the moment so let me lick my wounds and get to sorting my own nonsense. Thank you for bringing this to my attention bud, I'd have not looked again at some of this code if you had not brought this up.

Damnit.

• Red Heart

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Yeah np. It happens, especially as a lone programmer. For all the projects you're maintaining it's natural for stuff to slip by, especially since you're trying to do one single mod engine.

Take your time and fix it, then bug whoever in the OP of Eternum to add your multimod once it's fixed. The one they have listed has a lot less features.

I'm just glad I found out what was happening. I have a bit of experience doing QA in my regular life so not the first time I've found these kinds of bugs.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It happens, especially as a lone programmer.
Well, it's quite rare for me to drop a ball... I set a very high bar for myself for personal reasons.

Okay, that nonsense is now sorted but I'm going to double-check everything:
Unlocked normal playthrough:
1686260169020.png
Played in SanchoGallery:
1686260192278.png
Checked an still unlocked in VN's gallery:
1686260230649.png

I checked the vice-versa and it checked out good as well (scene in VN still locked, played in SanchoGallery, scene in VN remains locked).

then bug whoever in the OP of Eternum to add your multimod
That'll never happen. It's site politics which I've posted about many, many times. I'll not rehash the same thing again (it can be searched easily in my postings) but let's just say me calling out BS for the betterment of this site for all members has promoted me to Black Sheep which does not earn you a spot in the club. This mod is one of many that are oppressed intentionally by a few in power.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Blurred Realities
Midnight Comfort
Egyptian Plunder
Mexican Feast
These are sorted. All the above posts are sorted as well. I'll final test and make a new build, update the FAQ, and make a Maintenance Update release post crediting you for all of this. Regards as I'll bbl (time for tonight's first adult beverage as well)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (v0.5R Public)
View attachment 2601342
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog (I honestly don't remember them all, but here's a few):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • New feature - MiniStat stat category expand/collapse toggle. Allows even more customization of the the UI.
  • Resolved issue - Nova's messages in chat not correlating with the finished "manga comic" dialogue. Noted by Demoness_Kiss in post here.
  • Resolved issue - Nikolay's dialogue being borked due to font issue. Noted by krisval in post here.
  • Resolved issue - Daliah's gym ChoiceGuide not being correctly adjusted in the dynamic code. Noted by a few but namely Demoness_Kiss and others, posts are searchable if desired.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
  • Thanks to Elhemeer who reminded me I need to finish this maintenance update and get it out to you folks. Appreciate it bud, sincerely.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (v0.5R Public)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved issue - SanchoGallery locking some VN gallery scenes that were previously unlocked as noted in this post.
  • Recoded a few SanchoGallery scenes to include background music as requested in the above same post.
  • Other minor tweaks.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Apologies for my quite rare dropping of the ball on this one. Thanks to and all credit to DudePersonA for discovering and reporting the issue. Thank you sir for your time and detail regarding the issue.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Sancho gonna be busy as ever with this update huh, I respect the work ethic a lot

Feel like I need to ask this man for some tips for my irl work motivation :KEK:

Reactions: Elhemeer and DVC804

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Try to take two days off... nope, can't ever do it... ever.

And no, I had no idea this was going to drop. Consider the other mod already updated it's either a nothing burger of an update or he doesn't have any features to update. The VN update has only been out for about 3rs or so? No wonder I'm not listed in the VN's OP.. :ROFLMAO:.

Good things take time so I guess it's time to get busy...

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Ah, so I was NOT fucking dreaming.
This game HAS your mod as well!

I'm guessing the other mod listed (who blocks the publishing for 36 hours so his patreons can buy it) may have something to do with you not being in that thread? Just wild guessing here... :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow, waiting for my DL to finish I'm so happy I already did this and this. Hopefully that'll take a ton of time off the table to update to the latest core (which has to be done before I can even start on new VN content). I just can't remember if it was Core v7b when I first announced it or closer to what it is now (which is damn near ready for the next revision).

Bandwidth via smoke signals would be faster than my current connections. I'm just too deep in the forest at the moment and signals are sketchy at best.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Wow, waiting for my DL to finish I'm so happy I already did this and this. Hopefully that'll take a ton of time off the table to update to the latest core (which has to be done before I can even start on new VN content). I just can't remember if it was Core v7b when I first announced it or closer to what it is now (which is damn near ready for the next revision).

Bandwidth via smoke signals would be faster than my current connections. I'm just too deep in the forest at the moment and signals are sketchy at best.
Try sacrificing a virgin. It's been done for centuries, so it must be working!

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes