sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
To me every update is good but I still put 0.1 on top due to how absolutely solid it was as an opening chapter (at least, in my opinion).
Caribdis' pacing is literally world-class. I've never seen anything like it in any medium. (Maybe Code Geass is on the same level). Somehow, we got an EPIC level, world-saving scope, and yet so much happened in that first release.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
Not always though...

/side-eyes OIAL 0.1-0.4

IMO he learned from the mistakes and feedback from that, which was likely why the pacing from 0.5 onwards was a major improvement (and is something that he further improved to near-perfection in Eternum).
I don't know, maybe that's a case of episodic release vs binge experience. I played it all at once and never at any point felt it was slow. Sure the central, grand-scale drama wasn't as clearly and immediately laid out as Eternum, but the mystery was VERY much there from the start.

You fight Tom, hear about the Sons of Astaroth right after, hide from him, go to the party, and infiltrate and escape the freaking world-taking-over cult's meeting so early on.

There was definitely more "idle" time, but the character development during it felt useful. I can't even play anything else besides Being a DIK and Ripples, as anything else I try seems to have low-density exposition time. One game (I can't remember which) even had you literally sit down with your new female roommate as you ask each other "so where are you from"-type getting-to-know-you questions

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I don't know, maybe that's a case of episodic release vs binge experience. I played it all at once and never at any point felt it was slow. Sure the central, grand-scale drama wasn't as clearly and immediately laid out as Eternum, but the mystery was VERY much there from the start.

You fight Tom, hear about the Sons of Astaroth right after, hide from him, go to the party, and infiltrate and escape the freaking world-taking-over cult's meeting so early on.

There was definitely more "idle" time, but the character development during it felt useful. I can't even play anything else besides Being a DIK and Ripples, as anything else I try seems to have low-density exposition time. One game (I can't remember which) even had you literally sit down with your new female roommate as you ask each other "so where are you from"-type getting-to-know-you questions
I'd argue that the character development was on the meandering side than the interesting/will-actually-be-useful-to-the-plot-later-on side. Granted, some people appreciate characters having "me" time as a vehicle for development (which is abundant in OIAL), but I'm one of those that prefer that such scenes are kept concise and are used only to let the story and characters breath (and also makes you appreciate them more when they happen). It's one thing that I genuinely appreciate with Eternum 0.1, in that every scene felt like it actually matters or has purpose. Nothing felt like a waste (as opposed to most of the scenes at the beginning of OIAL, but again, my opinion).

Reactions: Salviocass99

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
I'd argue that the character development was on the meandering side than the interesting/will-actually-be-useful-to-the-plot-later-on side. Granted, some people appreciate characters having "me" time as a vehicle for development (which is abundant in OIAL), but I'm one of those that prefer that such scenes are kept concise and are used only to let the story and characters breath (and also makes you appreciate them more when they happen). It's one thing that I genuinely appreciate with Eternum 0.1, in that every scene felt like it actually matters or has purpose. Nothing felt like a waste (as opposed to most of the scenes at the beginning of OIAL, but again, my opinion).
That could be valid, maybe it's a matter of me falling in love with the characters right away. Because admittedly, if Judie, Lauren, and Iris were all unattractive to my eye, I might possibly feel differently

Nothing felt like a waste
Agree 10000x over. I had this realization at Luna's uncle's house when Orion is looking at himself in the mirror. It hit me there that I had complete faith in the fact that even a scene like that, that might seem like filler, was 100% purposeful, and not an ounce wasted.

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
Probably not the best place to ask for help but
My archive.rpa file is corrup and as u might know is the biggest and most important file from the zip file
Is there a way I can fix this or am I fucked
I really don wanna redownload cause for som reason in most cases my down speed won't go above 256kb downloading from here

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Probably not the best place to ask for help but
My archive.rpa file is corrup and as u might know is the biggest and most important file from the zip file
Is there a way I can fix this or am I fucked
I really don wanna redownload cause for som reason in most cases my down speed won't go above 256kb downloading from here
If it is corrupt as you say it is then there's no chance besides downloading it again. It has the main core of the game.

Since you're being extremely specific about 1 file and not the game, my guess is that you tried to mod the game without a backup.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
If it is corrupt as you say it is then there's no chance besides downloading it again. It has the main core of the game.

Since you're being extremely specific about 1 file and not the game, my guess is that you tried to mod the game without a backup.
Probably not. But could be. I've dl'd a game before, tried to unzip it and 7zip errored saying which file was corrupt. So, benefit of the doubt here.

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
I just tried to unzip it
Tried multiple ways to fix it and it was fucked I can guess why. kinda my own fault downloading it on external hard.
When pc resets the hard disconnects and me not keeping that in mind tried to restart the download it probably fucked that file cause it's a big chunk

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I just tried to unzip it
Tried multiple ways to fix it and it was fucked I can guess why. kinda my own fault downloading it on external hard.
When pc resets the hard disconnects and me not keeping that in mind tried to restart the download it probably fucked that file cause it's a big chunk
Still, your best bet is to redownload the game then.

Vondoot

Jan 11, 2018
This new F95 banner

Us, Luna fans stay winnin'. :love: :love: :love:
Gotta say it's amusing how much hype Luna gets, considering how little she's involved with the game's plot. She's just kinda there in most scenes with her in it but despite that she's the game's poster girl. I guess it just proves goth girls win by default?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Gotta say it's amusing how much hype Luna gets, considering how little she's involved with the game's plot. She's just kinda there in most scenes with her in it but despite that she's the game's poster girl. I guess it just proves goth girls win by default?
Eh? Major/plot-related shit tends to happen whenever she's around though...

-Was there when Orion acquired his first G.o.D.

-Was there with Orion when they visited a former-temple-turned-test-site in Warthogs and he had a realization that he had been there (see: his first dream/nightmare)

-Invited Orion along for her family's Day of the Dead celebration, and during the trip he experienced his "first bleeding effect" and learned a thing or two about Luna's bloodline and the afterlife (which is likely going to come into play later on in the story)

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
Eh? Major/plot-related shit tends to happen whenever she's around though...

-Was there when Orion acquired his first G.o.D.

-Was there with Orion when they visited a former-temple-turned-test-site in Warthogs and he had a realization that he had been there (see: his first dream/nightmare)

-Invited Orion along for her family's Day of the Dead celebration, and during the trip he experienced his "first bleeding effect" and learned a thing or two about Luna's bloodline and the afterlife (which is likely going to come into play later on in the story)
Plot related stuff happens with every character.

The simple explanation is many people just thing she is cute and like her personality. She was not that high up among the main girls for me until the event where we went to her uncle's place. After that event she is definitely top 3 for me. That has to be my favorite event for any individual girl in the game.

4.80 star(s) 882 Votes