Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I dont think Caribdis cares about character popularity or at least I hope he does not. All girls need to be equally well developed. Making a girl more or less important because of discord teams is a bit dumb. If it were a different game, I would argue that the less popular characters need more plot events so they get the development they deserve. But in this game I think all characters are relatively well developed.
...That's not what I meant though?

It was a response to misreading your post which I thought said Luna became popular after the Day of the Dead event (missed the "to you" part). I was refuting that, saying that she's been popular even before that, which was why I even brought up her being the most popular LI on Discord.

But again, apparently I jumped the gun, so let's just drop this part of the argument.

/grumbles "dammit this wouldn't have happened if I was still posting with my laptop TT_TT"

When it comes to plot, personally I think Nova and Alex have greater importance than Luna. Nova because she found out where the gem is, she found out Wyatt is dead, the benjamin investigation etc. Alex because of her ties to William. Of course Calypso is more important to the plot than either of them because of what she is. Luna's powers could play a role in the future and bump her up the plot importance tier list but that has not been explored so far.
Early days of the plot, fine I'll concede to that. However, I disagree with the idea that Luna will only bump high thanks only to her powers. Her unique family background as well as her fascination and insight on the morbid and the dead will factor greatly once Orion and co start tackling the issue of the restless dead instead of it just looming in the background menacingly while they investigate. And I doubt any other LI* other than Caly will be of any use once we start delving into that.

/points at Annie

At least, she absolutely won't be of any use, hard as she might try.

*The ones with dead relatives like Alex and Nan could offer some thoughts/insight later on, but that's miniscule compared to what Luna's insight could be later on, given what I've mentioned regarding her background and character

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I mean, she's my personal favorite and all but let's face it: she'll more than likely faint or BSOD the moment she sees the dead that have been whispering and haunting Orion's dreams before she could even offer them any sort of help.
And spend a lot of money on psychiatrist's fees. That'll haunt her for a long time, even if the protagonist and company were to succeed in opening the gates of Acheron and become Eternum's new rulers. :eek:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
And spend a lot of money on psychiatrist's fees. That'll haunt her for a long time, even if the protagonist and company were to succeed in opening the gates of Acheron and become Eternum's new rulers. :eek:
I personally don't think anyone is gonna rule anything when all is said and done with the plot but that's just my opinion/theory on the matter. We'll see if that holds up by the end I suppose.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean, she's my personal favorite and all but let's face it: she'll more than likely faint or BSOD the moment she sees the dead that have been whispering and haunting Orion's dreams before she could even offer them any sort of help.
The most obvious character growth would just be her overcoming that fear, which will likely happen at some point I imagine.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The most obvious character growth would just be her overcoming that fear, which will likely happen at some point I imagine.
Yeah but I imagine that's gonna happen sometime after they become commited to helping/liberating the dead, and not in the eventual first meeting or revelation of their existence to the group outside of Orion's dreams.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Takkatakka

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Just started this game, loving it so far!

Can I pursue all girls in this on, or do I have to pick paths thru the harem-like setup like "Summer Scent" and "Where the Heart is" do?

4.80 star(s) 897 Votes