dd82

Jun 24, 2020
I haven't finished this game, so take everything I say with a grain of salt at least.
I clearly fail to see why this game is as rated this highly. I love Summer's Gone, Superhuman, Artemis, Leap of Faith, Being a DIK, City of Broken Dreamers... but I just can't get into this one. There's nothing here that grips me. Girls are nice looking I guess, but I tend to forget their names as soon as they're off screen. Maybe this will change when I finish the game, but at the moment I'm flabbergasted that this is the highest rated game here.

AVNTester

Oct 15, 2023
So, I haven't finished this game, so take everything I say with a grain of salt at least.
I clearly fail to see why this game is as rated this highly. I love Summer's Gone, Superhuman, Artemis, Leap of Faith, Being a DIK, City of Broken Dreamers... but I just can't get into this one. There's nothing here that grips me. Girls are nice looking I guess, but I tend to forget their names as soon as they're off screen. Maybe this will change when I finish the game, but at the moment I'm flabbergasted that this is the highest rated game here.
Just a Tip from someone that hasn't finished it too. When you say you haven't finished it yet, you should say where you are or at what event you are so other people can know what you know and what you haven't seen yet. At least that's how I would do that.

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
Just a Tip from someone that hasn't finished it too. When you say you haven't finished it yet, you should say where you are or at what event you are so other people can know what you know and what you haven't seen yet. At least that's how I would do that.
Right, I'm at the point where the MC finds out that the goon of that rich asshole has probably been killed by the game.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I haven't finished this game, so take everything I say with a grain of salt at least.
Well, if you join the highway and you think everybody else is a driving the wrong way, maybe the other drivers aren't the problem. :KEK:

Jokes aside: No game is for everybody. I haven't played most games you mentioned outside of BaD, but LoF for example just didn't click with me at all. I found the beginning very contrived and most of the LIs looked relatively ugly to me, but it is still very highly regarded on this page. So it is probably a pretty good game, it's just not for me. Or maybe it even could be for me, if I restart it and give it a good 2nd chance, but right now I would count it among the weaker games.

Edit:

Right, I'm at the point where the MC finds out that the goon of that rich asshole has probably been killed by the game.
Oh wow, that is still 0.1, if I remember correctly...yeah okay...you still have ways to go...

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
At least a good deal of the people playing Eternum had previously played Once in a Lifetime (the previous project of Caribdis). Comparing the two of them, the improvement has been massive imo (plot, humour, music, cinematics and so on). Not to mention that you become fond of the game once you really get into the story (and has to wait until the new update comes out once you finish). Perhaps your opinion might change once you hit the end, but feel free to find out if Eternum is your cup of tea.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Seems like to me that you just don't like Honey Select cause the games models you pointed out are all made with DAZ (except Superhuman) :unsure:, have you tried other Honey Select games like Ripples or Pale Carnations just to know if it's that what doesn't suit you.
Just to know, is it the story or the "looks" that doesn't attract you in Eternum ?
but LoF for example just didn't click with me at all. I found the beginning very contrived and most of the LIs looked relatively ugly to me, but it is still
You find CeCe ugly ?
triggered.gif

Last edited:

dd82

Jun 24, 2020
Seems like to me that you just don't like Honey Select cause the games models you pointed out are all made with DAZ (except Superhuman) :unsure:, have you tried other Honey Select games like Ripples or Pale Carnations just to know if it's that what doesn't suit you.
Just to know, is it the story or the "looks" that doesn't attract you in Eternum ?

You find CeCe ugly ?
View attachment 3055676
Oh yeah, Pale Carnations is awesome. i just named a few games that I like, not all of them.
I don't know what it is, honestly. I might yet change my opinion, who knows.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ellyx

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well it is quite different from those you mentioned.

No need to force yourself to play if you dont like it. Time is short.

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
You just have different preferences. It is rated highly because people like this game - it has close to 800 reviews with a 4.9 avg rating so thats not a small dataset. It is also the highest rated adult game on itch.io (4.86 avg rating with 4.4k reviews) - so it is you who are the outlier. But there is nothing wrong with that it is no big deal if the game is not for you. I liked this game more than any of the games you listed but our tastes do not have to be the same. If you dont like it, just move on instead of forcing yourself to play something you find boring just because others like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: shucia
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes