Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
man I loved this game, the characters are hot, the sex scenes and the build up to them are perfect, the characters are gripping and enjoyable to read, the plot is really engaging and the emotional scenes really hit me in the feels any AVN that makes me feel things in addition to horny is a success in my book. Looking forward to more

Why isn't calypso a main LI though, seems like a waste to me.
Well, there are a bunch of theories...hypotheses...harebrained ideas about her, ranging from "she simply isn't a main LI in the overview to not spoil her reveal, but she actually is one in the story" to "There might be two endings of the game, one in which Orion returns to his home dimension and lives happily ever after with the harem girls and one in which he joins Caly to rule over her Elven Kingdom". We will find out why I'm wrong with the latter idea in future upgrades.

weirdalfoil_23221.jpg

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
AFAIK Calypso is going to be the 8th main LI in the next update. I hope Eva will be the 9th one, tho.
View attachment 3069607
As much as I like her looks (especially her new one), I don't see her becoming a new main LI as of now, she simply won't fit the dynamic Caribdis has installed between all the girls, he even succeeded to implement well Calypso into that dynamic.
I don't see him risking to destroy that just for Eva and he'll need to give her a reason to be useful and integrate to the plot to avoid making her an Aiko/Jasmine 2.0
(Plus I do think 8 LI is a sufficient number for a story like Eternum but that's just my opinion)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
As much as I like her looks (especially her new one), I don't see her becoming a new main LI as of now, she simply won't fit the dynamic Caribdis has installed between all the girls, he even succeeded to implement well Calypso into that dynamic.
I don't see him risking to destroy that just for Eva and he'll need to give her a reason to be useful and integrate to the plot to avoid making her an Aiko/Jasmine 2.0
(Plus I do think 8 LI is a sufficient number for a story like Eternum but that's just my opinion)
There really would be no point in adding Eva. How would that work? We don't even know where she really lives. She would have missed everything the group has done so far. Also adding ANOTHER LI is just...I think ~8 are more than enough at this point. I don't see her bringing anything to the table the story would need at this point.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023
There really would be no point in adding Eva. How would that work, we don't even know where she really lives, she would have missed everything the group has done so far. Also adding ANOTHER LI is just...I think ~8 are more than enough at this point. I don't see her bringing anything to the table the story would need at this point.
I think I would still like to see a little extra content with the side girls, especially Eva. Like getting to know her towards the end by accident or something, having a little laugh at the situation and then they all each go their own way again. I just think it could be funny, like what happened in the Wild West server in a similar manner or something like that :unsure:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I think I would still like to see a little extra content with the side girls, especially Eva. Like getting to know her towards the end by accident or something, having a little laugh at the situation and then they all each go their own way again. I just think it could be funny, like what happened in the Wild West server in a similar manner or something like that :unsure:
You do realize that any scene with her would take screen time away from any of the actual LIs, right? ;)

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
You do realize that any scene with her would take screen time away from any of the actual LIs, right? ;)
You say that as though it's a zero sum game. It's not. We can have both. The full game would need to be a little longer than without her, but we're already all here for the long haul. I would also like to see Eva have more screen time. She intrigues me and I want to know more about her. I know that by now it's probably too late to have another sex scene with her, even though Orion is not yet established as the boyfriend of any character. Annie, almost, but that has not been discussed, and of all the girls Annie so far seems most obviously open to including others in their relationship (based on comments she has made about Dalia and Nancy). This might only extend to ones she has an attraction to. But I'll take friend interactions with Eva, as long as I get more of her.

I also really really want to have a scene where Annie finds out how Orion knows Eva. Annie as I first got to know her, I'd expect shock. But Annie as I know her now, that shock would quickly into "oh, lucky girl!" and admiration that he got to be with Eva and didn't have to pay. As for the others, I don't think most of them would give it much thought. He hadn't so much as kissed any of them when he met Eva. Even Luna shouldn't be upset with him. She's too sweet, so any jealousy she might feel would not last, as long as she knows Eva can never take Orion from her.

Adding her as an LI? No. That wouldn't work now. Keeping her as an interesting side character who pops up here and there, that can.

Reactions: feier

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
You say that as though it's a zero sum game.
Because it absolutely is. Even if you argue to make the game longer, you could still make it longer by adding one more scene with Luna one of the other LIs, that we wouldn't get otherwise.

I mean, we'll see, maybe she plops up again and even contributes to the story and then it would be okay. But just having more Eva to have more Eva is pointless to me in a game that has a plethora of great female characters already.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
It's only zero sum if you're assuming either that the game has a fixed length (we know this is not true) or that there will be a scene with another LI *that was intended for the story* that has to be dropped to include more Eva even while extending the story time. Arguing that it's zero sum because "then you can't add extra scenes with one of the other LIs" becomes silly. Then every Alex scene is a lost Nova scene, a Nova scene is a lost Annie scene, and so on.

And with all this, we don't even know if Caribdis already intends to add more Eva. That she appeared a second time hints that maybe she'll be back again.

I agree that "more Eva to have more Eva" is pointless. But I was not asking for that. I was asking for more Eva because she is an interesting character with an interesting perspective. More of her which focuses on that adds to the story.

Summary: I think we're mostly in agreement here.

Reactions: feier

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
t's only zero sum if you're assuming either that the game has a fixed length
No, but Cari has a fixed amount of time to work on things. Any time he uses for a scene with Eva he can't use for anything else (a scene with one of the actual LIs, a new game whatever).

Reactions: bolenart

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
No, but Cari has a fixed amount of time to work on things. Any time he uses for a scene with Eva he can't use for anything else (a scene with one of the actual LIs, a new game whatever).
I don't get why you're still arguing this when we're in agreement on the fundamental principle. You said it yourself: that if bringing her back contributes to the story that's okay.

Anything that contributes to the story is by definition not a waste of time that should have been used elsewhere. Even if you or I would prefer to see a different scene.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I agree that "more Eva to have more Eva" is pointless.
screenshot3114.png
Speaking of pointless... I mean useless... Ah never mind.

My two cents on this arguement or whatever the fuck it is is this: If we get more Eva, so be it. Don't give a fuck about the reasoning. If she is implimented in for story purposes, cool cool. If she is just there for another lay, entirely fine. So long as I'm paying child support in 9 months time with her and the other waifus, I'm happy as hell.

CinderFall201

Feb 5, 2018
On one hand Jerry keeps on dying, wonder if he will get his chance and NOT die for once in his life when he plays Eternum. Who knows what might happen (aka guy with glasses who talks big)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Ungawa
4.80 star(s) 931 Votes