Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I thought, your physical „stats“ in the real world only dictate with what you start out. Like rolling for a character but your base stats are dependent on how you are irl. Likewise, leveling up makes it possible to deviate from your irl skills by making you stronger than you are outside of the game. Because, I don‘t think anyone is able to catch an arrow midair in the real world.
Thought it was implied that that trick was due to his 100 percent compatibility rating, not his irl physical abilities or his in-game stats...

Reactions: Coaxmetal

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Thought it was implied that that trick was due to his 100 percent compatibility rating, not his irl physical abilities or his in-game stats...
Agreed, every character we've seen comment on it has said they've never heard of anyone being 100% compatible before. Aside from the standard "chosen one" gimmick, I'm curious if we'll learn more about why and what exactly makes MC this way.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Agreed, every character we've seen comment on it has said they've never heard of anyone being 100% compatible before. Aside from the standard "chosen one" gimmick, I'm curious if we'll learn more about why and what exactly makes MC this way.
When we first log in the Eternum Lady said we were 100% and that it had been a long time since she'd seen anyone that high. So that would mean there is at least one other person at or near 100%, maybe the Founder?

Or Stabby Mike...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
When we first log in the Eternum Lady said we were 100% and that it had been a long time since she'd seen anyone that high. So that would mean there is at least one other person at or near 100%, maybe the Founder?

Or Stabby Mike...
Nah, Stabby's gonna be that ultra rare ∞%. Has to be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Could be wrong though. We'll see...

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Nah, Stabby's gonna be that ultra rare ∞%. Has to be.
Could be wrong though. We'll see...
Yeah, like I said, Stabby Mike... who do you think is in that armor? :sneaky:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah, like I said, Stabby Mike... who do you think is in that armor? :sneaky:
I dunno man. Unless it's revealed that Mike hired Fit Jack to be his personal trainer while he was President, I'm not sold on the idea that Thanatos is Mike, mainly due to how different their body shapes are.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Do we know for sure that Thanatos is a dude, or do the characters just think that?
Well, we never see (yet) Thanatos outside of his armor so I'd probably say that the answer is the latter.
Probably could go either way (guy or girl) under that armor.

Reactions: Tavi13

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I've been thinking of a situation that might be quite similar to Eternum. It's LARPing.

When you LARP you can be the Friggin' Archmage of This Prick or the Invincible Warrior of my Ass, but if you are a lardass or a 50 pounds stick you will still be a lardass or a 50 pounds stick.

Now, i've been larping for like 15 years when i was younger, and you can bet, i've never ever been a fit dude. I'm big and strong, but i'm also very fat, which mean i've never been quick, fast or agile. Yet, i've always been a rather competent fighter who could kick asses more often then having mine kicked. I had to play smarter and with more strategy, since i wasn't fast, but it worked smooth enough.

So, why not in Eternum? I mean, you don't need to play a ninja all the time. You could do something more in line of you natural abilities. Maybe you can play an archer or a snyper, rather then a mage or a techie. Or you can play that damn ninja but being smarter then fit.

At this point levelling would be more of a matter of access to special powers, abilities and equip, rather then grinding your way through NPCs.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Do we know for sure that Thanatos is a dude, or do the characters just think that?

For all we know Thanatos could be pretty much anyone, except for: the MC, Luna, Alex, Dalia and Nova/Delilah.
We could theoretically exclude Penelope and Nancy, since Penelope said she does not play Eternum and Nancy does not own the game; they could both be lying, but I do believe they are both sincere: Penelope is busy being a social media sensation and Nancy clearly wants in on Eternum to get closer to the MC.
The others are pretty much fair game... except maybe for Axel, the douchebag would have killed the mc on the spot.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Something that is going through my mind right now: If Calypso should not be the final main LI, then the person behind Thanatos could be the final LI or a side LI.In OIAL Aiko joined relatively late. At least I don't think that the person behind Thanatos is definitely evil. A rival maybe, but that doesn't mean that there has to be no mutual respect. Is of course everything pure speculation and that Thanatos has not killed our MC can have the following reasons, which are all equally meaningful:

1. Thanatos respected the courage of our hero and therefore let him go.
2. Thanatos was amused (either mockingly or positively) and let the MC go for this laugh.
3. Thanatos found the whole thing just too troublesome: Thanatos was only there for the stone, anything beyond that just wasn't worth the effort.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
There's also a chance that Thanatos knows MC, but since we can't see their face (if that would matter), we can't be sure.

anon98989

Dec 4, 2020
is it like a reputation system? Not like levels give you stats kinda levels but levels will tell how active in the ame you are and how far did you reach in your skills and master them kinda levels?
Yup thats what i think, i could be wrong thought it's not like i know anything :v

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I dunno man. Unless it's revealed that Mike hired Fit Jack to be his personal trainer while he was President, I'm not sold on the idea that Thanatos is Mike, mainly due to how different their body shapes are.
Crusher of my dreams!!! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I am super curious who Thanatos is. Guy's got arrows and swords in his body, but aren't your wounds supposed to heal when you leave Eternum? Makes me kind of wonder if he/she has been in the game none stop, maybe there are people stuck in the game and they are the ones calling out to the MC for help in his dreams (though I think it might be the AI's in Eternum themselves). Though it is possible that he/she got those wounds fighting the twin he killed or while getting there. We really need to see the character more to know who or what Thanatos is.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah, plus Mike is WAY to cool to be Thanatos. Thanatos needs 2-3 weapons, Mike just needs one dandelion

mike 38.jpg

4.80 star(s) 916 Votes