New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
/Record scratch

Wait, what?

/Furiously looks at his notes

Which scenes imply that, exactly? Because the only things I got from the visions were:

a. That Orion (Eternum MC default name) is a "special" case like the MC of OIAL, in that he is getting visions that are (possibly) magical in nature. Possibly related to a past that he no longer remembers (hence the blood and all of that in his first vision...maybe he's a test subject of sorts in the past? A Sons of Astaroth experiment gone horribly wrong?), or is bloodline related (some are speculating that Eternum MC has demonic blood similar to OIAL's MC).

b. That the one person involved in said visions knows who Orion is. Possibly knows him through magical means or has kept an eye on him ever since his encounter with her. Said person may or may not be AI. Currently leaning on the former, possibly someone who's trapped in Eternum and needs Orion to break her out. Also possibly related to Founder or whatever he is up to.

b.1. Floating theory in F95 thread mentions that the AI are possibly spirits. If true, it's possible that Eternum may be a prison of sorts, or the system that is making Eternum possible is responsible in keeping said spirits imprisoned.

c. That it's all cryptic bullshit that's probably going to be explained later on in the story.

Also, if this statement is based on that cryptic line Idriel said before Orion got kicked into Eternum for the first time ("This time...it will be the right one"), I'm not so sure if that qualifies as "Yeah, you've been here before. Hopefully you do good this time." If anything, it could be related to his perfect compatibility rating, how many before him either didn't qualify or failed in whatever Idriel wanted them to achieve/do despite having said rating, and now Idriel is like "This time this schmuck is gonna be the right one. I'm sure of it." As for what she could possibly mean by that, I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
Yeah I based what I said in the previous post both on what Idriel said and those strange visions coupled with what Luna said about him. I didn't think much about it before Luna though, you could just handwave the visions and Idriel with what you said in your post, but it is pretty hard to ignore that bit with Luna unless she is trolling us again or something which I doubt considering the mood of the scene.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah I based what I said in the previous post both on what Idriel said and those strange visions coupled with what Luna said about him. I didn't think much about it before Luna though, you could just handwave the visions and Idriel with what you said in your post, but it is pretty hard to ignore that bit with Luna unless she is trolling us again or something which I doubt considering the mood of the scene.
What, the part about Luna not seeing Orion's (MC's) future? I have a few theories regarding that actually:

a. Orion's future isn't set in stone. Much like OIAL's protagonist, his future hinges on the choices that he will make, whether good or bad.

b. Orion's "special" case (which possibly contributes to his perfect compatibility rating in Eternum) is blocking Luna's powers from scrying into his future.

c. Orion has no future. Period. His is a path darker than the path walked by OIAL's protagonist, and things are going to ultimately end bleak for him (unless divine intervention happens...which might depending on the choices he makes throughout the course of the story).

Considering that I currently suspect that this game is going to end up being a lot darker than OIAL, option b or c is a bit more likely I think...though I still won't rule option a out.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
What, the part about Luna not seeing Orion's (MC's) future? I have a few theories regarding that actually:

a. Orion's future isn't set in stone. Much like OIAL's protagonist, his future hinges on the choices that he will make, whether good or bad.

b. Orion's "special" case (which possibly contributes to his perfect compatibility rating in Eternum) is blocking Luna's powers from scrying into his future.

c. Orion has no future. Period. His is a path darker than the path walked by OIAL's protagonist, and things are going to ultimately end bleak for him (unless divine intervention happens...which might depending on the choices he makes throughout the course of the story).

Considering that I currently suspect that this game is going to end up being a lot darker than OIAL, option b or c is a bit more likely I think...though I still won't rule option a out.
I kind of had my own theories about our Hero and some of these issues.....

a. He's a Replicant. He came back through time to escape the Blade Runners and hid out making friends with Annie and Chang. No aura to read, physically perfectly compatable with the game. A rejuvenated Harrison Ford will come blasting for him in game.

b. He's dead. Zombie town. No aura to read, no life to synch with the game. Daryl gonna shoot him with a crossbow.

c. He's actually from the game, reverse "Tron" style. He's 100% compatible because he already is an electronic construct. Self Explanatory.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

d. In all seriousness ( for once ) I think he's related to the developer of Eternum, hence the 100% compatibility. Since Luna has this capability, it points to some "more than human" abilities in this universe (and since it's the same as OOAL there was lots of supernatural there) and the MC will have some meta-human ability that is being hunted for some reason.

No matter what the reason, Caribdis is going to send us on a rollercoaster ride to get there and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! :love: (until something happens that I don't like, then I'm gonna bitch like crazy!:ROFLMAO:)

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018

Those are some good theories, can't really see anything wrong with b. (even though it's extremely vague at this point), and a. would be kinda like that priestess from OIALT (so it has even a precedent lol), however it would probably make her see multiple things instead of nothing I guess? Now the c. one I don't agree with because Luna saw her mother's death with her ability, so I'd say that out of your theories b. is the most likely to be right.

In a sense my own theory is a variation of that one, as it relates to how "special" the MC is. I just took another peek at those visions from the beginning and I'm even more confused now... I am pretty sure the MC already died at least once and revived (hence his "natural" time is already over so Luna can't read him) and his powers are originated from his left eye which is possibly demonic in nature, and the same eye pulsed briefly just before he grabbed that arrow so it's probably the reason he has 100% compatibility.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I am pretty sure the MC already died at least once and revived (hence his "natural" time is already over so Luna can't read him) and his powers are originated from his left eye which is possibly demonic in nature, and the same eye pulsed briefly just before he grabbed that arrow so it's probably the reason he has 100% compatibility.
I don't know if I can subscribe to this theory to be honest considering this is too much of a callback to a certain minor antagonist's story in OIAL that I-

/PTSD flashbacks of Magnus Manor

...I...

/shakes head to snap out of it

...yeah, theory's gonna open a can of worms to be sure. And looking at the pictures of the first vision (including the quick flashing images), I'm not sure there's enough there to support that theory atm...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I don't know if I can subscribe to this theory to be honest considering this is too much of a callback to a certain minor antagonist's story in OIAL that I-

...I...

/shakes head to snap out of it

...yeah, theory's gonna open a can of worms to be sure. And looking at the pictures of the first vision (including the quick flashing images), I'm not sure there's enough there to support that theory atm...
The addition of the Red Herring (mystery and horror levels) server too opens up all kinds of content. The mortuary could be a location we go to to investigate a mystery and even the bloody eye could be a game level from there or another server. Honestly, having so many different types of servers mean anything we see could just be a preview of a visit to a server.

I like the idea that Luna couldn't read the MC's future because we, the player, have a say in his future. It's a nod to the fact that we are in control and his future is up to us to decide... at least that's my thought about it.

Reactions: wiseold6996

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
I played through a good part of this, but after apparently losing Alexandra's path just for not complimenting her pen (!) back when first meeting her, I feel that the system is too punishing for my liking. I can understand there being some crucial choices in the game, but if you have to either pick the 'right' answers all the time or lose a girl's path you basically don't really get to make choices at all (other than choosing on which paths you want to remain of course) and that's not how I like to play these games. So sadly I have to let this one go, but it does look excellent, good luck to the dev! (y)

4.80 star(s) 916 Votes