Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Total curiousity.
I simply think names have their meanings and impacts in stories.
Some authors believe that, yes. Some authors also come up with names on a whim and think they sound about right. We won't know until it comes up (or not). /shrugs

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok, where is that the city of Kredon
and what so special about the name Kredon?
A lot of fiction stories that don't want to use a specific city as a backdrop make up fictional cities and never tell you where they are. If you set a story in "Portland Oregon" you have to follow specific street names, building locations etc for accuracy or people who know the city get bent out of shape. They would notice a super special university just showing up out of nowhere :LOL:

"The Simpsons" use "Springfield" but never mention a state. Pretty common.
IIRC Kredon is on the west coast "somewhere" based on the intro.

I can't answer to the "what's so special about the name Kredon?", I assume we'll find out or it's just a name.

"Kredon" could be an anagram for "Donker" which is Dutch for "dark" according to Google Translate, possibly referring to the dark nature of the incidents taking place there :unsure:;):LOL:

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Some authors believe that, yes. Some authors also come up with names on a whim and think they sound about right. We won't know until it comes up (or not). /shrugs
True. Yet Caridbis has a certain attention to details and he's putting much thinking in this project it seems.

nsfwdemanded

Nov 22, 2020
Eternum is now the top rated game on the site. Never thought it could actually overtake BaDIK.
you mean mr. " i have to do every little single thing myself even tho I could delegate the unimportant time consuming stuff but I like the money too much to respect the players of the game so I like taking my time with it, no you can't you use mods in a offline single player game it ruins the experience don't trigger my ocd " DPCs game, yeah I figured this dev is better so it was time to get this game the respect it deserves as number one

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Hey, I'm using the PDF walkthrough and so just to ask... what exactly do those crossed out parts of the walkthrough mean? Does that mean I shouldn't pick it? Like for example, when you just starting the game and talk to the hot blindfolded AI, can I ask her the various questions or just proceed? The way I'm getting with that walkthrough is that, by asking her questions some event is now crossed out for me. As in, I can't have access to that future particular event because I asked her questions or something.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Hey, I'm using the PDF walkthrough and so just to ask... what exactly do those crossed out parts of the walkthrough mean? Does that mean I shouldn't pick it? Like for example, when you just starting the game and talk to the hot blindfolded AI, can I ask her the various questions or just proceed? The way I'm getting with that walkthrough is that, by asking her questions some event is now crossed out for me. As in, I can't have access to that future particular event because I asked her questions or something.
Hard to say yet. A walkthrough before the game is compleded is only a "seems like this way you collect more points and scenes" guide.

Reactions: Mortarion

Jack1938

May 17, 2017
Damn, I got this when trying to save
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 492, in script
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1682, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1062, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1298, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 433, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 421, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.
I have "saves" folder in "game" so what's the problem?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I would:
1 download the game again
2 erase the game saves folder in c:\users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy to allow the new installation make it anew.
Also check the folder write permissions. I doubt they might be an issue but just in case.

Jack1938

May 17, 2017
I would:
1 download the game again
2 erase the game saves folder in c:\users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy to allow the new installation make it anew.
Also check the folder write permissions. I doubt they might be an issue but just in case.
Nah, turn out to be the same bullshit about non-english letters in folder path. But thanks anyway

Reactions: Machete
4.80 star(s) 916 Votes