HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I played through a good part of this, but after apparently losing Alexandra's path just for not complimenting her pen (!) back when first meeting her, I feel that the system is too punishing for my liking. I can understand there being some crucial choices in the game, but if you have to either pick the 'right' answers all the time or lose a girl's path you basically don't really get to make choices at all (other than choosing on which paths you want to remain of course) and that's not how I like to play these games. So sadly I have to let this one go, but it does look excellent, good luck to the dev! (y)
That's the only choice that's that narrow and specific. You're missing one of the best games on the internet if you dump it over one scene....your loss..

..besides - pens are important! :ROFLMAO:

DABOMB00

Apr 27, 2021
I played through a good part of this, but after apparently losing Alexandra's path just for not complimenting her pen (!) back when first meeting her, I feel that the system is too punishing for my liking. I can understand there being some crucial choices in the game, but if you have to either pick the 'right' answers all the time or lose a girl's path you basically don't really get to make choices at all (other than choosing on which paths you want to remain of course) and that's not how I like to play these games. So sadly I have to let this one go, but it does look excellent, good luck to the dev! (y)
I mean in this case it actually does make sense, because this basically sets your impression she gets of you. I dont know how things play out if you dont compliment her pen, but given her character and the way how defensive she is, she would shove u into this category of just another guy who is after her looks/her money and its just like in real life its pretty hard to get a person to see you another way if they already have an opinion on you. So yeah you really are missing out, because in my opinion this game has so much to offer of depth and character development. Besides its one girl and there are so many and each of them is f*cking amazing man :ROFLMAO:

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
I mean in this case it actually does make sense, because this basically sets your impression she gets of you. I dont know how things play out if you dont compliment her pen, but given her character and the way how defensive she is, she would shove u into this category of just another guy who is after her looks/her money and its just like in real life its pretty hard to get a person to see you another way if they already have an opinion on you. So yeah you really are missing out, because in my opinion this game has so much to offer of depth and character development. Besides its one girl and there are so many and each of them is f*cking amazing man :ROFLMAO:
I get what you're saying, but the path doesn't close at that point but later on. And then it just seems weird to me: "So... this guy. He showed interest in me and my hobbies, even stood up to my powerful dad when I was being chewed out, and actually followed me and hugged me. On the other hand, back when we first met, he complimented my tattoos instead of my pen, so he's obviously bad news, I should break this off..." :unsure: And yes, this one girl, but my favorite of them, and who knows similar things won't happen with the others? I just don't like having to play with a walkthrough or mod and not being able to make my own choices in order to see what I want to see. So unfortunately it's not for me but I'm happy other people can keep enjoying it, please do so!

DABOMB00

Apr 27, 2021
I get what you're saying, but the path doesn't close at that point but later on. And then it just seems weird to me: "So... this guy. He showed interest in me and my hobbies, even stood up to my powerful dad when I was being chewed out, and actually followed me and hugged me. On the other hand, back when we first met, he complimented my tattoos instead of my pen, so he's obviously bad news, I should break this off..."
Ah ok now i get what you are saying, didnt know, that the path closes much later and that you have the same choices and interactions with her regardless what you do the first time. Then i think it does make sense what you are saying, maybe it should be that you just have a diffrent interaction with her depending on what you said, like u dont have the option to get to know her better or to stand up to her father or something. But like you said with it playing out like this it doesnt really makes sense, maybe it can be changed or sth i dont know. When i think about it i come to the conclusion that you are actually right, you shouldnt be able to loose a girls path just because of one wrong choice.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah I'm with you on this. It's my only gripe with the game (and OiaL too), all the other aspects are pretty neat

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
..besides - pens are important! :ROFLMAO:
You're laughing, but its true! Do you know how hard it is to find a really good pen, that is affordable??? :giggle:

Jokes aside; I can get Nategrey's point on this. As someone that is inked in rl, my first instinct is ALWAYS to complement the tat's....at least if the work is good :)
I didn't this time, but that is only because the pen answer seemed so abnormal that I had to see where it lead.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
You're laughing, but its true! Do you know how hard it is to find a really good pen, that is affordable??? :giggle:

Jokes aside; I can get Nategrey's point on this. As someone that is inked in rl, my first instinct is ALWAYS to complement the tat's....at least if the work is good :)
I didn't this time, but that is only because the pen answer seemed so abnormal that I had to see where it lead.
I actually buy pens online because I hate what I can get locally. I'm kind of addicted to disposable fountain pens :oops::ROFLMAO:
I did the same thing with the "compliment her pen" or whatever it was. Wanted to see what would happen. I also have tats and since mine have a very specific background each, I always want to know if there's a story behind peoples ink and usually ask.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I actually buy pens online because I hate what I can get locally. I'm kind of addicted to disposable fountain pens :oops::ROFLMAO:
I did the same thing with the "compliment her pen" or whatever it was. Wanted to see what would happen. I also have tats and since mine have a very specific background each, I always want to know if there's a story behind peoples ink and usually ask.
Same, although I prefer precision fine points with a thickened barrel. I have way too much nerve/tendon damage in my hands, so I need that for there to be any chance of reading what I wrote.
Seriously; even doctors ask what the hell did I just write :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Any news about new update?
In the past Caribdis usually released new updates in around 2-3 months, but this time it looks like it will take much longer.

Dkin

Aug 18, 2017
Any news about new update?
In the past Caribdis usually released new updates in around 2-3 months, but this time it looks like it will take much longer.
If keep the same updates rate that on the previous updates (it's 4 month per update approx) at the end of April or beginnings May will launch v0.3.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Ok, where is that the city of Kredon
and what so special about the name Kredon?
It's...it's a fictional city set in America. It doesn't exist in real life like, say, New York or Los Angeles or Detroit. As to why it's special...I don't know...maybe the name might be significant later on in the story, maybe the dev thought the name just sounded cool, or maybe the dev just thought random words and called it a day. Why even ask?

Reactions: nsfwdemanded
4.80 star(s) 916 Votes