Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
True.

I mean, we had this in Eternum with Regina. People wanted a H-Scene with her, even if it was clear that it would lead to losing the Path with Penny, which nobody would actually want to do.

I mean, there is a reason why the Dev made Mikaela not really good-looking, because otherwise people would be upset that Chang would be the one who is romancing her.

But I appreciate that Caribdis puts time and effort into side characters.
Yeah, I theorized this before as well. If Mikaela would look even slightly decent some players would get jealous of poor Chang, even though the MC has 8 amazing female characters...well...I wanted to wrote "to choose from", but he doesn't even have to do that. He just has them. :KEK:

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
I mean, it could be both where reincarnation is only possible within a certain bloodline, but that's just me throwing crackpots.

Just to be clear, I subscribe to the reincarnation theory more, if only because I theorize that Orion's soul is older than he is and could be the reason why Luna couldn't get a read on him (hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'eternal soul' that Anima is a warden of - which is one of her many titles thrown by Caly when mentioning her - happens to be Orion's). It's also because I don't subscribe to the 'time loop' theories, and believe instead that the current state of Eternum* is causing certain patterns to emerge instead of events outright repeating themselves as is (which is one of the theories floated on the official Discord, that Orion saving Caly from imprisonment is a "pattern" that is similar to the Eldari freeing Anima...though not exactly sharing the same variables and/or circumstances).

That said, I don't think Orion is some sort of Founder (or a reincarnation of him), though it's possible that he could end up becoming one in a potential Bad End (I still think becoming CEO of Ulysses is going to be a bad end of sorts). If anything, it's possible that the Founder is instead Y'liar - that is, Anima's former captor from Caly's tale - and that the reason he's noticed Orion is that he might have detected a sense of familiarity on our horndog of a protagonist (which makes more sense if Orion happens to be the reincarnation of the Eldari...or someone housing his soul ala Astaroth from OIAL. But again, that's just one of my crackpot theories).

*(The detailed version of said crackpot theory is here (disregard what I theorized about the Founder's identity and true goals are in that theory, since that was made prior to 0.6). But in case you don't have time for that then the TL;DR of the theory is that prior to the events of the VN, the Founder altered the linear progression of life and death throughout Eternum/the Astral Plane by closing the gate to the afterlife (Acheron) and trapping the souls of the dead in a cycle of death and rebirth. This is possibly to manifest the Gems of Doom, as the Red Herring event and the Ion announcement (where a GoD is found in the Styx server - a name associated with the Greek River of the Underworld) seems to imply that said gems are associated with death and/or the dead. This, of course, causes a laundry list of problems to emerge ranging from the dead being pissed because they can't pass on to the actual inhabitants of Eternum (i.e. otherworldly creatures) being pissed at this sudden influx of "players"/astral bodies invading their personal space and are starting to push back (hence reports of increasing monster activity on servers). Regardless, Orion is supposed to fix this mess, hence the dead and Idriel/the Lady in Black asking him to "break the chains")
Holy fuck, solid theory and I'll give your main post a read once I finish this run of the game so I have all moment from the game freshly in my mind.
Ok I see there's even another post :D I'll have to absorb it all and I'll be back...
dis-gon-b-good-jason-momoa.gif

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean, it could be both where reincarnation is only possible within a certain bloodline, but that's just me throwing crackpots.

Just to be clear, I subscribe to the reincarnation theory more, if only because I theorize that Orion's soul is older than he is and could be the reason why Luna couldn't get a read on him (hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'eternal soul' that Anima is a warden of - which is one of her many titles thrown by Caly when mentioning her - happens to be Orion's). It's also because I don't subscribe to the 'time loop' theories, and believe instead that the current state of Eternum* is causing certain patterns to emerge instead of events outright repeating themselves as is (which is one of the theories floated on the official Discord, that Orion saving Caly from imprisonment is a "pattern" that is similar to the Eldari freeing Anima...though not exactly sharing the same variables and/or circumstances).

That said, I don't think Orion is some sort of Founder (or a reincarnation of him), though it's possible that he could end up becoming one in a potential Bad End (I still think becoming CEO of Ulysses is going to be a bad end of sorts). If anything, it's possible that the Founder is instead Y'liar - that is, Anima's former captor from Caly's tale - and that the reason he's noticed Orion is that he might have detected a sense of familiarity on our horndog of a protagonist (which makes more sense if Orion happens to be the reincarnation of the Eldari...or someone housing his soul ala Astaroth from OIAL. But again, that's just one of my crackpot theories).

*(The detailed version of said crackpot theory is here (disregard what I theorized about the Founder's identity and true goals are in that theory, since that was made prior to 0.6). But in case you don't have time for that then the TL;DR of the theory is that prior to the events of the VN, the Founder altered the linear progression of life and death throughout Eternum/the Astral Plane by closing the gate to the afterlife (Acheron) and trapping the souls of the dead in a cycle of death and rebirth. This is possibly to manifest the Gems of Doom, as the Red Herring event and the Ion announcement (where a GoD is found in the Styx server - a name associated with the Greek River of the Underworld) seems to imply that said gems are associated with death and/or the dead. This, of course, causes a laundry list of problems to emerge ranging from the dead being pissed because they can't pass on to the actual inhabitants of Eternum (i.e. otherworldly creatures) being pissed at this sudden influx of "players"/astral bodies invading their personal space and are starting to push back (hence reports of increasing monster activity on servers). Regardless, Orion is supposed to fix this mess, hence the dead and Idriel/the Lady in Black asking him to "break the chains")
A few hints for an actual corporal reincarnation might be some of the dreams Orion had in which he saw himself badly injured and as a little boy. But those could've also been symbolic. :unsure:

Edit:

Doesn't Alex comment on some weird celestial alignment that only takes place a few minutes every X years in the "real" gameworld as they watch it together from outside the ritzy party in Eternum?
tl;dr: Same sky.
Yeah, same planet of the same size in the same position in the same Milky Way.

Last edited:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Yeah, I theorized this before as well. If Mikaela would look even slightly decent some players would get jealous of poor Chang, even though the MC has 8 amazing female characters...well...I wanted to wrote "to choose from", but he doesn't even have to do that. He just has them. :KEK:
Yeah, exactly. I mean, in the end, I would not mind if Chang has a bombshell as potential girlfriend. MC has more than enough beautiful girls. But I just know that people would demand that MC should also have something with Changs LI, even if Chang is a bro and should have his Mikaela. (Also, it will probably be important to help him achieve that)

Making Mikaela not really attractive was an elegant solution to get rid of constant questions to make her a LI or give her scenes.

Onizuka2050

Jun 16, 2023
Just finished the Game playing all 6 chapters for the very first time. This gotta be the best game of it's kind, wow. Insanely interesting plot, all the girls are cute, all of there characters are pretty well-written (honestly, there is not one who is annoying and I love them all). The renders are insane, every update seems to be pretty huge (playtime-wise) and the (rare) sex scenes are hot (though honestly speaking, I'm not playing it for that).

All in all, it deserves all the praise if not even more hype.

And now comes the phase where I play update after update which is always a sad thing. Playing through multiple chapters at once is always fucking awesome (depending on the game ofc).

EDIT:
I totally forgot to mention the music. Always on par with the situation and this surely takes a lot of time and effort to always choose suitable BGM on a level like this.

Last edited:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
And now comes the phase where I play update after update which is always a sad thing. Playing through multiple chapters at once is always fucking awesome (depending on the game ofc).
Can always just start over each time. :)

Onizuka2050

Jun 16, 2023
Can always just start over each time. :)
heh, wish I had the time for this but there are still lots of good games to play (from scratch).

On a side note, personally I think that every game should have summarize the previous plot like Ripples is doing it. Let's face is, most of these games update once or twice a year and there is no way to remember every detail or every name after such a long time. Especially when following multiple games at once.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
That's all we know about Orion's mother, isn't it?

View attachment 3121751

Do we know why she did this? Was she a junkie or mentally ill? A mother does not abandon her newborn baby without a reason, right? So what happened to her? Where is she? Is she still alive? If so, why isn't she in contact with her son?

View attachment 3121513
What if... he isn't even his father? What if his "dad" is lying to him? If he's so disconnected from his father then why he even needed to emigrate?

My theory still remains, is that Orion's mother is from Eternum, and this is reinforced with Calypso's story, where her antecessor was saved from Orion's antecessor , and that would explain why she isn't in on "girl tab", it's because she's essencial to the story. This also explains why Orion has 100% compability with Eternum.

I continue to believe in my theory to this very day, so far the points match, and Orion himself somehow escaped and was on Krendon. He also probably emigrated to lay low and not being discovered by his enemies earlier . I still believe, although in this case I'm not so certain as the points above, that Nancy is hiding something. So he knows Orion for such a long time, but never saw his Mom once when he was little? Unless, his mother never was present in Krendon which again, reconfirms my theory.

And no Dorfnutter , I'm not talking about the Gertrude being related to Idriel theory, just to assure. I think you already somewhat dissected the theory above once like 2-3 patches ago though.

If this forum taught me anything then she was probably written out of the story that way so someone could make an incest patch with Nancy, Dalia and Penny. :HideThePain:
I don't think Caribdis is against incest per-se, he just had a strong stance for not including it this time, and personally I think there may be personal reason to it, like conflicting with future plot. Again, the fact we know so little about Orion's origins and his mom is still very odd to me.

Not a reencarnation, but I'm pretty sure this is some type of cyclical story. Or the time is restarted and Orion is every time more close to break the cycle or this is not the first time Idriel and/or the Founder try to save the realms and every time they fail another one bite the dust, and now is Orion's Earth time (remember the sky in the server when you meet the founder? Same sky, same stars. Yeah, that's a parallel world 100%).

Or not, is a theory, pretty sure Orion is like that because the Founder, but I want to believe that his actions are not controlled, and he is just one of the possible winners in the gem of doom conquest, not the destined one.
I would agree with you if the last patch didn't imply that people are hostages inside Eternum . I would much rather go along the different dimension stuff, like and do. Keep in mind that travelling between dimensions doesn't necessarily mean you land on the same timeline, which might explain Calypso's time awareness difference .

Last edited:

Saitosama

Jul 9, 2023
Started today and had to finish it in one day. Great game, great animations and great story but the music. Music was awesome if somebody know the song or anything expecialy songs with alex i would appreciate it greatly. Cant w8 for updates. Moving this game to favorites.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Started today and had to finish it in one day. Great game, great animations and great story but the music. Music was awesome if somebody know the song or anything expecialy songs with alex i would appreciate it greatly. Cant w8 for updates. Moving this game to favorites.
some one has uploaded the soundtrack on youtube

Reactions: Saitosama
4.80 star(s) 931 Votes