Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
To be fair, this goes for most games. Often the decision is basically "Have sex with that LI" or "Dont".

The thing is, if a decision is that impactful that you lose the path to said LI, most people will not do this, unless they really dont like the character. Those are the impactful ones.
And others are just decisions that wont change much. Or just the dialogue.

And I dont think this is really an issue. As I said, I would be happy about some punishing scenes for the super-obvious wrong choices, but this is just me wanting to laugh at people who decided for Regina at the party and complain that Penny took that handsome black dude with the mega-cock home instead of MC and complain about the outcome of their (stupid) decision.

But I dont need this to enjoy the game. And I just think that most of the games here are probably like this - more like Kinetic Novels which give you the illusion of having a choice. (Because in the end, every meaningful choice also means more things which need to be created... meaning more time to develop, render, etc. and overall slower development)
I think the "golden path" would be decisions for which you have to use your brain and have to be mindful of the character and what you know about her/him. But that is very difficult to pull off.

Doing these obvious wrong decisions...I don't know...as long as you don't waste too much development time with them and maybe only have them end-up in one or two render...okay, but if they become a whole new permutation that no one will use anyway, then they are just a waste.

Reactions: jocoyo

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I think the "golden path" would be decisions for which you have to use your brain and have to be mindful of the character and what you know about her/him. But that is very difficult to pull off.

Doing these obvious wrong decisions...I don't know...as long as you don't waste too much development time with them and maybe only have them end-up in one or two render...okay, but if they become a whole new permutation that no one will use anyway, then they are just a waste.
This is true, it is basically a waste of time. Which was also my argument when people wanted a scene with Regina... I mean, they would look at it once and then reload their save, because nobody would lose the path to Penny for a one-time scene with a side character.

I think overall, the better solution is to not create any scenes for obviously wrong choices. I would enjoy it more if there would be scenes, because I like drama and people complaining about dumb shit they have done to themselves, but it would just take time away from the actual development.

When it comes to branching btw. - I think Caribdis has a pretty good idea of the overall Story he wants to show the players. Some things will probably come up on the fly, but I dont think that it allows for much branching or putting impactful choices depending on the character you are interacting with, if you have a clear goal in mind how you want the game/the path for said character to end.

Reactions: Takkatakka

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
When it comes to branching btw. - I think Caribdis has a pretty good idea of the overall Story he wants to show the players. Some things will probably come up on the fly, but I dont think that it allows for much branching or putting impactful choices depending on the character you are interacting with, if you have a clear goal in mind how you want the game/the path for said character to end.
Yeah, but he's been dabbling with branching stuff in his work as of late (not DPC level, but the kind of low-impact stuff that likely has minor consequences in the future (i.e. who you sided with in the Andromeda station, which person was spared in the Collector whodunit, the upcoming branching path between Luna and Dalia on Ekabar)). Makes me wonder if he's using these moments to test out branching choices/paths for his next game, but in a way that won't completely break his current narrative trajectory for this game (he did mention a while back that the outline of Eternun's story is pretty much done and all he's just doing is filling the blanks in between...though how much he fills those blanks can sometimes vary and may even change if he comes up with something better or crazier than the initial idea).

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I respect people opinions but don't try make Dev change anything just to make you happy, if you don't like it there's plenty games out there that suits your needs. Every girl has their own story, there's lots rofl moments, excellent storyline and Dev leaves us like OMG I'm gonna go crazy I need to know what's gonna happen. So over all if Dev changes something to please 1 this community will be like. And since I'm here already also wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
Screenshot_126.png

Reactions: EJW

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I respect people opinions but don't try make Dev change anything just to make you happy, if you don't like it there's plenty games out there that suits your needs. Every girl has their own story, there's lots rofl moments, excellent storyline and Dev leaves us like OMG I'm gonna go crazy I need to know what's gonna happen. So over all if Dev changes something to please 1 this community will be like. And since I'm here already also wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
View attachment 3187388
I'm not sure if or if not this might be directed at me, but I don't want the game to change. I think we can still point out and discuss the "relative to the rest" weak points of the game, I would think. :unsure:

Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023

While some choices may seem obvious, I think it's healthy for the game to have these to help disguise other choices that may seem obvious but aren't. Doing my first playthrough without the guide, I chose not to punch Axel in Ch 2 thinking "violence isn't the answer, obviously". Turns out I was wrong because doing this costs you a point with Alex. If every choice was an important one, I'd be thinking too hard when given a choice. I feel having nonessential questions helps make the playthrough better as a result.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Why would someone choose Regina over Penny?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you guys for putting theses images so deep into my mind that I can't unseen them, my next replay will be fun when I'll reach these scenes :HideThePain:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
There were people who wanted a scene when going after her. And I thought, they can have "a scene". :>
You mean the scene where poor Penny's heart was shattered into a million little pieces, so sad to see that image:
She must've cried herself to sleep in that sorrowful night. :cry::cry:

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
You mean the scene where poor Penny's heart was shattered into a million little pieces, so sad to see that image:
She must've cried herself to sleep in that sorrowful night. :cry::cry:
You are a Monster for even having a screenshot of that:cry:

Reactions: Takkatakka

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I'm not sure if or if not this might be directed at me, but I don't want the game to change. I think we can still point out and discuss the "relative to the rest" weak points of the game, I would think. :unsure:
Nope not you, to people who want to add tags. I first look at game tags if I don't like them I don't play but I don't tell Dev to change something or add something. I always speak my mind. This game has a lot potential so many things to add but Dev always surprises us all. With this Dev you can expect anything.

Reactions: EJW and Takkatakka

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
STOP! FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, JUST STOP! I swear, I will destroy your new Notebook as well! :WutFace:

Uhh...not that I had anything to do with your old one breaking...:HideThePain:
Is not mine, only borrowed it (tho the guy who owns it basically doesn't use it much anymore so I suppose this is more of an indefinite loan).

Also, no. Have one more cursed image that's living rent free in my head and I have to make it asap or it'll stay in my head until I eventually make it. So brace yourself. :KEK:

Last edited:

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Is not mine, only borrowed it (tho the guy who owns it basically doesn't use it much anymore so I suppose this is more of an indefinite loan).

Also, no. Have one more cursed image that's living rent free in my head and I have to make it asap or it'll stay in my head until I eventually make it. So brace yourself. :KEK:
Why are you cursing us with that knowledge:eek:

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes