TalkingCat15

Jan 16, 2021
Finished the game up to where it is, what an experience! I havent played a game so good in a long while!
I have two questions:
1. How long does it take between each update? Dont mind if it takes 6 months, let them cook!
2. I loved this game so much so any recommendations for other games similar to this?
Not as good but still pretty good, Artemis.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Finished the game up to where it is, what an experience! I havent played a game so good in a long while!
I have two questions:
1. How long does it take between each update? Dont mind if it takes 6 months, let them cook!
2. I loved this game so much so any recommendations for other games similar to this?
1. Yeah around 4-5 months
2. For the quality of renders and story i recommend Ripples

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I have two questions:
1st: As other already said, it takes Cari about 5.5 months. The next update will likely drop somewhere around the second half of February.
2nd: Well, there is always Cari's first game "Once in a Lifetime" if you haven't played that one yet. Graphically it can't hold a candle to Eternum in my opinion and at first the overall step down seems pretty steep, but Cari quickly found his footing so at around the content of the 0.4 update - at least in terms of writing - OiaLT becomes pretty good and funny as well, if you like Cari's kind of humor from Eternum.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
I have two questions:
4.5 / 5 months between updates and similar to this, depends.
If you want same style and humor: Ripples, My Bully is my Lover (less funny, more dramatic), Stray Sucubbus (less dramatic, more horny)
If you want sci-fi of quality: Artemis, Ripples (yeah, again)
If you want more of the same author: Once in a Lifetime, his first game.
If you want good stories, even if the style is different and no sci-fi: Leap of Faith, Chasing Sunsets and Being a Dik if for some reason you never played the most popular game in this site.

They are not Eternum, because Eternum is unique, they don't have Nova, Luna or any character like them because the world can only have so much beauty, but they are really good (in my opinion).
Oh, and welcome to Eternum.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
similar how? If you are looking for games that are on par with this narratively there aren't a ton.
City of Broken Dreamers is Sci Fi and is excellent narratively.
That dev (Philly games) also has a completed game, Depraved Awakenings. It is excellent too but it's not really SciFi
more of a hardboiled detective game.
the only caveat is that they are both DAZ, though they are both top tier visually when it comes to DAZ games.

The Anomalous Dr Vibes is another one, it's got a Sci Fi bent but skews more comedy. It's not as compelling narratively as Eternum but it's just as funny. It's visuals aren't quite as good but it's still a decent looking game.

Reactions: Ungawa

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
/me catching up on current posts and reading all the coffee talk

View attachment 3229356

...maybe I should make an edit where Annie is seen drinking American coffee and declaring it better than European coffee? Nah, not cursed enough, I think...:unsure:
I mean...she's from England, so...if that is her point of reference for coffee... :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
That's his old sched (stopped using that after 0.5). New sched is roughly 5 1/2 to 6 months (he made the switch to prevent burnout), with the next update guesstimated to come out around February or early March.
And that's for the better in my opinion cause he is pulling out an insane amount of content while being almost solo on that.
This wouldn't have been sustainable in the long run,would have led to overwork like you said and ultimatly to a feeling of a "rushed game" for him that I know Caribdis wouldn't have been 100% proud of :).
So yeah waiting 1 more month for each update is clearly the lesser evil there.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Technically...I created a photo of Nova with Maurice... And yeah I didn't post it lol
If you actually posted that, you would have been chased down by a Duck and received a mysterious pan with death sentence written in it
:KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then Yvier, just like he promised to Dorfnutter a few weeks ago, and I'll paraphrase a bit here "pan his butt so strong that he will need a hundred cushions to sit in a fucking chair" will do the same to An known. Though Takkatakka might have a few words upon seeing this cursed edit here. :giggle::whistle:

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes