Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Goddammit Thorin...

If you're like Dorfnutter and analyze every shadow, eye direction and finger position to look for clues to support, discard or create new theories, then you might take a bit longer.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was about to put like then I just saw the elbow drop...

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Goddammit Thorin...

I was about to put like then I just saw the elbow drop...
Thing is, like many here, I actually enjoy reading some of the theories and ensuing discussions. I'm not necessarily looking for those deeper connections, or don't have the context of some because of the other things I'm into that aren't the same things some of y'all are into, so I don't have the same point of reference. It's led me to some interesting things to look into, regardless of the application (or not) to Eternum.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Thing is, like many here, I actually enjoy reading some of the theories and ensuing discussions. I'm not necessarily looking for those deeper connections, or don't have the context of some because of the other things I'm into that aren't the same things some of y'all are into, so I don't have the same point of reference. It's led me to some interesting things to look into, regardless of the application (or not) to Eternum.
Agreed. I love the Greek/Roman God references that have filled it in while there's also some speculation that it's similar to a book. It's very much like looking into anime or manga and how they pull and connect so many references to create something new.

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
SPOILERS BELOW:

I curious how you guys think the latest cliffhanger will be resolved. As of now, William Bardot is arguably the main antagonist of the story. Of course there's Thanatos, but as he is possibly an NPC I'm hesitant to call him the main bad guy. Some ideas on what might happen at the start of 0.7:

1) William Bardot tries to use Orion for his own purposes, by blackmailing or threatening Orion into doing his bidding. Orion is forced to agree for the moment to get out of the sticky situation and then try to out-maneuver William later on.

2) William reveals that there's something even more nefarious going on and that there's an even greater antagonist that has not yet been revealed (maybe the founder,?) and Orion and William has some sort of understanding for the moment, similar to that of Orion and Axel.

3) There's a violent clash where Orion and Alex manages to escape from William and his henchmen. Maybe Orion's powers leaks into the real world to make this happen, with yet another reveal that IRL and Eternum are not that different.

Alternative 2) is not too likely I feel as William Bardot has been painted as very much of a bad guy already, and removing him as an antagonist just after the same happened to his son would feel weird. I also find 3) less likely as it would force Orion and his LI's all to go into hiding, turning the story into a fugitive-thriller and forcing less focus on Eternum going forward.

Any other plausible theories?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Redd23

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
SPOILERS BELOW:

I curious how you guys think the latest cliffhanger will be resolved. As of now, William Bardot is arguably the main antagonist of the story. Of course there's Thanatos, but as he is possibly an NPC I'm hesitant to call him the main bad guy. Some ideas on what might happen at the start of 0.7:

1) William Bardot tries to use Orion for his own purposes, by blackmailing or threatening Orion into doing his bidding. Orion is forced to agree for the moment to get out of the sticky situation and then try to out-maneuver William later on.

2) William reveals that there's something even more nefarious going on and that there's an even greater antagonist that has not yet been revealed (maybe the founder,?) and Orion and William has some sort of understanding for the moment, similar to that of Orion and Axel.

3) There's a violent clash where Orion and Alex manages to escape from William and his henchmen. Maybe Orion's powers leaks into the real world to make this happen, with yet another reveal that IRL and Eternum are not that different.

Alternative 2) is not too likely I feel as William Bardot has been painted as very much of a bad guy already, and removing him as an antagonist just after the same happened to his son would feel weird. I also find 3) less likely as it would force Orion and his LI's all to go into hiding, turning the story into a fugitive-thriller and forcing less focus on Eternum going forward.

Any other plausible theories?
If Thanatos is revealed later on to be working with William, then Orion could be let off with a warning of sorts (since William will think that their second clash will end with Thanatos acquiring whatever gems Orion manages to hunt down). Alex then barges in and hands over some forms she had signed to William and tells him and his bodyguards to get out. Satisfied, William leaves. After asking each other if they're okay, Alex reveals that she is no longer a Bardot, and that the reason for her father's visit was to make it official/legal (hence the forms that Alex had to sign).

IMO this would be the ideal option since there's less drama involved and Orion and co could just focus on the gem hunt afterwards, unaware that William is just biding his time until the group acquires whatever gems they could still acquire (to which he would then send Thanny to acquire them from Orion and co). Note that this is assuming that the "Thanatos is working for William" theory is correct, since it would be weird for him to just let Orion off the hook with only a warning (unless he has another card to play anyway).

Reactions: Redd23

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
If Thanatos is revealed later on to be working with William, then Orion could be let off with a warning of sorts (since William will think that their second clash will end with Thanatos acquiring whatever gems Orion manages to hunt down). Alex then barges in and hands over some forms she had signed to William and tells him and his bodyguards to get out. Satisfied, William leaves. After asking each other if they're okay, Alex reveals that she is no longer a Bardot, and that the reason for her father's visit was to make it official/legal (hence the forms that Alex had to sign).

IMO this would be the ideal option since there's less drama involved and Orion and co could just focus on the gem hunt afterwards, unaware that William is just biding his time until the group acquires whatever gems they could still acquire (to which he would then send Thanny to acquire them from Orion and co). Note that this is assuming that the "Thanatos is working for William" theory is correct, since it would be weird for him to just let Orion off the hook with only a warning (unless he has another card to play anyway).

That is a good point, William could be there to warn Orion and his harem not to meddle, issuing some threat along the way. This could be the case even if William and Thanatos are not working together I think. The only weird thing then is why William doesn't try to acquire the two (?) gems of doom and Calypso from Orion. One possible explanation is that William wants Orion and Thanatos to battle it out while he himself works in the shadows, and for that reason William wouldn't want to neuter Orion by taking Calypso.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022

So are we to assume the elbow drop was spot on,as there was not even an offhand mention of it in this post

jock1a

Sep 1, 2022
Started another playthrough and i am glad as i have run out of decent Avn's to play. Penelope comes in the kitchen dressed in a babydoll outfit (with that body) and Dalia nonchalantly says i learned to surpress my gag refelx long ago. If it were real life i would just slap myself at that point making sure i wasn't dreaming. When i was about 10 we lived near a large lake (really Large) we went swimming pretty much everyday. i had 2 neighbor girls (drop dead gorgeous) that were in high school that used to sit on the shore in their bikini and shave their leggs about once a week. I think they were sadist or something. Because the mental torture they put us kids through they had to be. Any idea what that does to a 10 year old i thought i might be having a stroke and i didn't even know what a stroke was. My family was very religious so i knew next to nothing at that point.

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
So this is my first time playing this game, and I love the fact that there are people of other ethnicity and backgrounds. So far so good the humour is awesome and the story telling is pretty great so far.

Reactions: Takkatakka

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
So this is my first time playing this game, and I love the fact that there are people of other ethnicity and backgrounds.
I kinda find it odd that we've seen only 1 elf, and no orcs or dwarves or rat-men or anything but humans really. Are there no elves left? Do they just keep to themselves? I'd expect to see SOME nonhumans in the big market towns like where Annie took us for our first session at least...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I kinda find it odd that we've seen only 1 elf, and no orcs or dwarves or rat-men or anything but humans really. Are there no elves left? Do they just keep to themselves? I'd expect to see SOME nonhumans in the big market towns like where Annie took us for our first session at least...
Ask Ulysses. They seem to be the ones keeping every server pretty human-centric (save for the ones where your appearance is forcibly changed to look non-humanish). Maybe we'll get some answers in this upcoming update as to why that seems to be the case.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
I mean we managed to see an ogre...
IMG_20240107_032737.jpg
Even Shrek hates Jerry.:KEK:

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes