Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I must admit, I kinda pity him by now, even if it is just his Eternum character that gets killed all the time. :KEK:
Right when I have pity for him, I remember how he treated his friends in the quiz and my blood runs even hotter. Not only do I absolutely HATE that type of arrogance, I feel that's the type that gets what's coming to him.

Then it's the fact that he truly thinks he's deserved of Dalia's love until that ogre blind sides him. If he humbled himself and repented, I'd be fine. But then he gets into the prison and it's the SAME damn thing. Great speech in the last one but it's like he's the same as everywhere else.

It's just like...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And until he learns something, I'm going to celebrate him going back to square one every time. Meanwhile...

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I will never stop celebrating the deaths of Jerry. Sure, he can have a moment of redemption, but how much of a dick he was and how he gets the comeuppance and doesn't learn from it ensures a hatred that always gets acknowledged before I allow me to let him suffer for his crimes.

It's not called schadenfreude for nothing. At least when it comes to Jerry dying so often:

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
SPOILERS BELOW:

I curious how you guys think the latest cliffhanger will be resolved. As of now, William Bardot is arguably the main antagonist of the story. Of course there's Thanatos, but as he is possibly an NPC I'm hesitant to call him the main bad guy. Some ideas on what might happen at the start of 0.7:

1) William Bardot tries to use Orion for his own purposes, by blackmailing or threatening Orion into doing his bidding. Orion is forced to agree for the moment to get out of the sticky situation and then try to out-maneuver William later on.

2) William reveals that there's something even more nefarious going on and that there's an even greater antagonist that has not yet been revealed (maybe the founder,?) and Orion and William has some sort of understanding for the moment, similar to that of Orion and Axel.

3) There's a violent clash where Orion and Alex manages to escape from William and his henchmen. Maybe Orion's powers leaks into the real world to make this happen, with yet another reveal that IRL and Eternum are not that different.

Alternative 2) is not too likely I feel as William Bardot has been painted as very much of a bad guy already, and removing him as an antagonist just after the same happened to his son would feel weird. I also find 3) less likely as it would force Orion and his LI's all to go into hiding, turning the story into a fugitive-thriller and forcing less focus on Eternum going forward.

Any other plausible theories?
Learn to use these, not just make an announcement.
Spoiler.jpg

Feb 21, 2023
Makes me think what if when everything is resolved and the curse of Eternum is broken, everyone is enjoying the peaceful sunrise with no evil left to conquer. And then Jerry turns up and proudly presents his newfound powerful relic... an amulet of Blair, making him the only person in the universe left cursed :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: ArDZer

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Poor Jerry, the guy already died 4 times in 6 updates (during 0.1,0.3,0.4 and 0.6) and won't be with "the future mother of his offspring" anytime soon... All that while being pretty dumb
At this point, Caribdis should give him Regina, they'll make a perfect duo together :Kappa: (like he did in OiaLT with Ruth/Oliver)

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Poor Jerry, the guy already died 4 times in 6 updates (during 0.1,0.3,0.4 and 0.6) and won't be with "the future mother of his offspring" anytime soon... All that while being pretty dumb
At this point, Caribdis should give him Regina, they'll make a perfect duo together :Kappa: (like he did in OiaLT with Ruth/Oliver)
That'll be enough karma payment for Regina after messing continuously for 3 years with poor Penny, 4 actually since the events will continue into 2036.

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Nah. Regina's a bitch, but she's a hot bitch. Better Charlotte - she's dumb, a little bitchy and has pancakes, but Jerry would still worship the ground she walks upon. Might be nice for Charlotte after putting up with Axel. (Wonder if his nads are still next to his tonsils.:unsure:)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
It actually seems like the Founder is indeed the main antagonist. Idriel tells us something about being unable to die and that "he" (presumably the Founder) is afraid of death. Then, the founder asked the mc what he would do to save his loved ones and if would sacrifice the innocent. This leads me to believe that the founder is imprisoning dead people (or people about to die / anyone really) in Eternum to actually save their lives and make them immortal. He probably sees himself as the hero but the people trapped in Eternum probably view him as the villain.
Idriel's words imply that whoever she's referring to is a selfish individual tho. Assuming that the "Eternum is the Caribdiverse version of the " is true, then him closing Acheron and preventing the dead from passing so he could technically live forever (since he could be dead but he doesn't want to cross over to the other side) would be pretty on-brand for said selfish individual.

I dont think that the founder and Thanatos are connected directly (even though the Founder probably gave him the immortal amulet-thing which makes him unable to die).
Jury's still out whether he gave Wyatt an amulet or not tho (could be one of his lies). We'll see in the future if that's actually the case.

William working together with Thanatos seems unlikely, like it would not fit with the different factions trying to get the gems of doom.
I don't think it's likely either, but unless Wyatt has some way to track down those gems through accurate means then someone must be feeding him intel...and the man isn't exactly the kind who's able to do any intel gathering on his own given his current state and personality.

Then again, the founder tells the mc that the amulet lets them respawn without losing their inventory (have not tested that myself), not actually make them immortal like Thanatos, so my ramblings could also pretty much be bullshit.
You can test it by taking the amulet and getting yourself killed in the Collector whodunit. Orion gets warped to some exit portal and he mentions that his inventory is indeed intact. Same can't be said for his relationship with Nova tho (you lose her path if you get killed in that event).

I think neither the Founder nor William are complete Bad guys, but William is an asshole nonetheless.
See my post above. Founder is likely responsible for the current state of Eternum due to his selfish agenda. Not to mention he's responsible for the creation of the excommunication process and has a hand in using dead souls as NPCs. If that doesn't sound like bad guy behavior to you, then I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: William is obviously not good but at least on the cliffhanger, he did not seems too hostile. Could be that he is just that sure of himself, but I would have expected him to be loud and angry, not calm and actually trying to provide the mc with useful Information.
William wants to control everything as per Axel's and Alex's words about his character. If he could control Orion, then he would likely try everything to do so, even provide him info or maybe blackmail or threaten him later. I don't think he's the kind of person who would be absolutely hostile to someone unless said someone is useless (like Linus) or uncontrollable to him (like Alex).

Last edited:

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
It would be beyond hilarious if Jerry take advantage in the fact that everyone knows he can't keep his level and He end up killing one of the henchman of the main enemy using that fact.

- Henchman: "You're gonna be my opponent? *Chuckle * , "I heard about you, your only quality is dying like a dog, what you could possible do to defeat me, you're even alone!"
- Jerry: " that's where I must rebuke you, where you see one man, i see ...four!"
- Henchman: "see fou....what!?
- Jerry: proceed to uncover that His body is tied with c4 before blowing up himself and killing both of them.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
It would be beyond hilarious if Jerry take advantage in the fact that everyone knows he can't keep his level and He end up killing one of the henchman of the main enemy using that fact.

- Henchman: "You're gonna be my opponent? *Chuckle * , "I heard about you, your only quality is dying like a dog, what you could possible do to defeat me, you're even alone!"
- Jerry: " that's we're i must rebuke you, where you see one man, i see ...four!"
- Henchman: "see fou....what!?
- Jerry: proceed to uncover that His body is tied with c4 before blowing up himself and killing both of them.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Idriel's words imply that whoever she's referring to is a selfish individual tho. Assuming that the "Eternum is the Caribdiverse version of the " is true, then him closing Acheron and preventing the dead from passing so he could technically live forever (since he could be dead but he doesn't want to cross over to the other side) would be pretty on-brand for said selfish individual.

Jury's still out whether he gave Wyatt an amulet or not tho (could be one of his lies). We'll see in the future if that's actually the case.

I don't think it's likely either, but unless Wyatt has some way to track down those gems through accurate means then someone must be feeding him intel...and the man isn't exactly the kind who's able to do any intel gathering on his own given his current state and personality.

You can test it by taking the amulet and getting yourself killed in the Collector whodunit. Orion gets warped to some exit portal and he mentions that his inventory is indeed intact. Same can't be said for his relationship with Nova tho (you lose her path if you get killed in that event).

See my post above. Founder is likely responsible for the current state of Eternum due to his selfish agenda. Not to mention he's responsible for the creation of the excommunication process and has a hand in using dead souls as NPCs. If that doesn't sound like bad guy behavior to you, then I don't know what to tell you.

William wants to control everything as per Axel's and Alex's words about his character. If he could control Orion, then he would likely try everything to do so, even provide him info or maybe blackmail or threaten him later. I don't think he's the kind of person who would be absolutely hostile to someone unless said someone is useless (like Linus) or uncontrollable to him (like Alex).
My hypothesis right now would be, that there seems to be an internal power structure between the Founder (who or whatever he even is) and William as an highly ambitious "normal" human who is trying to take control of the company. My idea would be, that he wants to control the actual company with all its money and uses Thanatos for that end.

Thanatos might have stroke a deal with William to voluntarily give up his shitty life in the "real world" to become an unstoppable force in Eternum or he might be some form of aberration that William recognized and made a deal with on his end. So he might supply Thanatos with the necessary information to find the gems. He really seems to be very hot on the heels of Orion and the girls all the time, so maybe they get tracked somehow by William.

Or maybe he is actually an NPC controlled by William, who knows.

The founder on the other hand might try to use Orion for his goals to counter William and Thanatos to keep in control of everything, while at the same time something about dead people and a general decay of Eternum is also going on. Potentially driven either by the founder to prolong his life or by William to make more money of of Eternum or to exert more control there.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes