balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
WOW...I just finished latest update...what a great game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
if I didn't already have several memberships on patreon I would definitely support this game developer!!!
Does anyone know when the next update will be released? how many chapters until completion???

Reactions: DirtyMario and EJW

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
if I didn't already have several memberships on patreon I would definitely support this game developer!!!
Does anyone know when the next update will be released? how many chapters until completion???
she will someday if you did turn on "pregnancy content" at the start of your game

next update (0.7) will come out somewhere around mid february to early march, 0.8 likely somewhere around august or september. he's planning between 12-16 updates, so thats at least 3-4 more years of development time.

Reactions: balboa2151

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm wondering if you understand the concept of a spoiler box ...

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I'm wondering if you understand the concept of a spoiler box ...
At least that user knows now to not put a crucial (and steamy) event that happened right in the spoiler tag title, at best he could just leave that empty for next time if needed.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
At least that user knows now to not put a crucial (and steamy) event that happened right in the spoiler tag title, at best he could just leave that empty for next time if needed.
Yea, I actually suspect that it was a probably just a copy/paste accident. Still, had to be said.

Reactions: EJW and ArDZer

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Jerry would probably be one of those random pirates who join the crew and then die at some point.
His ego wouldn't take it. He'll likely try to vie for a Captain's or First Mate position (if Nan ends up being Captain)...only to die miserably via a stray cannon to the gonads or to a mermaid he mistook as Dalia.

Either way, he's going back to level 1 if he does show up again in this coming update.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ungawa

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Jerry would probably be one of those random pirates who join the crew and then die at some point.
eaten by a kraken :LOL:. Who would have thought, that after his first death he will end up such a good returning joke.:ROFLMAO:and to think that at one point he was supposed to be a good player, I mean how he achieved 36 level ?:unsure: that remain a mystery:ROFLMAO:

anyway, I wanna see Pirate Nova:love:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
eaten by a kraken :LOL:. Who would have thought, that after his first death he will end up such a good returning joke.:ROFLMAO:and to think that at one point he was supposed to be a good player, I mean how he achieved 36 level ?:unsure: that remain a mystery:ROFLMAO:

anyway, I wanna see Pirate Nova:love:
I guess luck? :unsure: But his luck run out when he met fake Dalia... :LOL:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
damn this 1 year or half -year updates are killing me..it's pretty absurd with the amount of subscriber some dev had that this VN takes2-5 yearsa to be completed...ofc if they are completed...this is not good
Simply seems like that is the normal development time for a quality VN that is made by one main developer. I don't know of any VN with high quality visuals, sound and good writing who gets sizable updates out every month or so. It is just not possible.

Overall Cari is pretty reliable. He already finished one game, the progress of Eternum is easily trackable and seems to be mostly on point as well and the updates are very sizable.

I don't think Eternum is the right game to complain about the developer as far as development time and progress are considered.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
damn this 1 year or half -year updates are killing me..it's pretty absurd with the amount of subscriber some dev had that this VN takes2-5 yearsa to be completed...ofc if they are completed...this is not good
There is nothing which hints that this game will not be completed. The Dev has finished a game already as well.

Also, the Updates take long, but there is a lot of content in each Update. You will spend several hours each time the game is updated. And IMO, it is better like this, because the game is very story-focussed, so shorter and more frequent Updates would probably only feature 1 scene for 1 LI. And with 7 Main-LIs it will take a lot of time to create a proper amount of scenes for each of them.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Simply seems like that is the normal development time for a quality VN that is made by one main developer. I don't know of any VN with high quality visuals, sound and good writing who gets sizable updates out every month or so. It is just not possible.
There's one that I can think of that comes close, but the trade-off is that it doesn't have animations for its pr0n scenes, so there's that.

There is nothing which hints that this game will not be completed. The Dev has finished a game already as well.
Not to mention the dev's already planning for another one right after he finishes this one.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Ah, careful with this. While I am 100% sure that Caribdis will finish Eternum and starts a new game, there have been Devs who became burnt out and started a new project sooner than expected, mainly to distract themselves from the Burn-Out and the main game. And sometimes it resulted in both being abandoned.

Again, I dont think that it will happen to Eternum (even tho it cannot be ruled out completely, a life can change drastically from one day to the other), but I think a track record of an already completed game is better than plans for a new game.

(In general, I think that the good thing is that Caribdis does not really cater to any wishes. He probably gets some inspiration from ideas, but from my experience, the more a Dev decided to cater to someones wishes, the less likely they will be to complete the game. Which is why I always prefer to just let the Dev do whatever they want, because nobody would have fun working on a project they dont want to work on anymore...)

EDIT: Also nice that you mention Out of Touch. A game which is on my watchlist for ages, but I never get the time to play it, because RL sucks and one game with such a long story is enough for now. :sleep:

Reactions: SteveyP
4.80 star(s) 929 Votes