Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Simply seems like that is the normal development time for a quality VN that is made by one main developer. I don't know of any VN with high quality visuals, sound and good writing who gets sizable updates out every month or so. It is just not possible.
There's one that I can think of that comes close, but the trade-off is that it doesn't have animations for its pr0n scenes, so there's that.

There is nothing which hints that this game will not be completed. The Dev has finished a game already as well.
Not to mention the dev's already planning for another one right after he finishes this one.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Ah, careful with this. While I am 100% sure that Caribdis will finish Eternum and starts a new game, there have been Devs who became burnt out and started a new project sooner than expected, mainly to distract themselves from the Burn-Out and the main game. And sometimes it resulted in both being abandoned.

Again, I dont think that it will happen to Eternum (even tho it cannot be ruled out completely, a life can change drastically from one day to the other), but I think a track record of an already completed game is better than plans for a new game.

(In general, I think that the good thing is that Caribdis does not really cater to any wishes. He probably gets some inspiration from ideas, but from my experience, the more a Dev decided to cater to someones wishes, the less likely they will be to complete the game. Which is why I always prefer to just let the Dev do whatever they want, because nobody would have fun working on a project they dont want to work on anymore...)

EDIT: Also nice that you mention Out of Touch. A game which is on my watchlist for ages, but I never get the time to play it, because RL sucks and one game with such a long story is enough for now. :sleep:

Reactions: SteveyP

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Ah, careful with this. While I am 100% sure that Caribdis will finish Eternum and starts a new game, there have been Devs who became burnt out and started a new project sooner than expected, mainly to distract themselves from the Burn-Out and the main game. And sometimes it resulted in both being abandoned.

Again, I dont think that it will happen to Eternum (even tho it cannot be ruled out completely, a life can change drastically from one day to the other), but I think a track record of an already completed game is better than plans for a new game.
I've talked about it at length here a while back, but just to reiterate: the man himself is driven enough that he's willing to course-correct his work sched when he realized that there was a danger of burnout. I guess it goes to show that he is pretty dedicated to the craft that he's willing to make sound compromises in order to keep on working, which is why I have faith that he's willing and has what it takes to finish this before moving on to the next.

(There's also the fact that he mentioned a while back that he already has all the story beats outlined so it's not as if he's making shit up as he goes like back when he was making OIAL where he only had a general idea but not much else to go on. Not to mention that it's easier to work on something if you have an idea where you're headed)

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
His ego wouldn't take it. He'll likely try to vie for a Captain's or First Mate position (if Nan ends up being Captain)...only to die miserably via a stray cannon to the gonads or to a mermaid he mistook as Dalia.

Either way, he's going back to level 1 if he does show up again in this coming update.
Or if he tries to rebel against the ship's leadership, he might be keelhauled or be tied up at an anchor and thrown overboard. :giggle::devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Ungawa

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
damn this 1 year or half -year updates are killing me..it's pretty absurd with the amount of subscriber some dev had that this VN takes2-5 yearsa to be completed...ofc if they are completed...this is not good
If you are not satisfied with the rate of progress, simply unsubscribe. I like this game but I decided to drop to a lower subscription after I noticed that the progress is slower than what it was in the past. You can do the same or simply stop supporting entirely. Its on you how you spend your money.

If you are not a subscriber I think complaining about something you are getting for free is a bit silly. Simply ignore this game for a couple of years and get back to it when it is done it will be free even after the game is completed and there are tons of other games you can play with more regular updates. Some others that I support that are on the front page of f95 and that update very regularly are Superhuman and Desert Stalker.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I've talked about it at length here a while back, but just to reiterate: the man himself is driven enough that he's willing to course-correct his work sched when he realized that there was a danger of burnout. I guess it goes to show that he is pretty dedicated to the craft that he's willing to make sound compromises in order to keep on working, which is why I have faith that he's willing and has what it takes to finish this before moving on to the next.

(There's also the fact that he mentioned a while back that he already has all the story beats outlined so it's not as if he's making shit up as he goes like back when he was making OIAL where he only had a general idea but not much else to go on. Not to mention that it's easier to work on something if you have an idea where you're headed)
No worries, I dont think at all that the game will ever be abandoned. I just think that an already completed game should be valued higher than the plan of doing a new game. I have no doubts that Caribdis will finish Eternum. And I think that he has the story in his mind already and basically finished and just needs to do "everything" around it, is the reason for it.

And this is most likely also the reason he has this much passion and fun on his project. He does not cater to people who want something different (e.g. I have rarely seen people saying that models should change, which I see in other threads), so he never runs into the problem of working with things he dislikes. (Also, lets be real - money will also be a reason.)

Personally, I am very happy about Eternum, simply because of its existence. When I discovered OIALT, I was sceptical, but it turned out very good and I think back then Caribdis was underrated. But nowadays, you cannot get around Eternum, it is basically THE game currently.

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
I'm wondering if you understand the concept of a spoiler box ...
I don't understand what I did wrong? I thought that when mentioning something important in game I should use the spoiler option??? Did I do it incorrectly? when I posted comment I copied and then I clicked on spoiler tab and pasted the comment that I was trying to hide in spoiler box?

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I don't understand what I did wrong? I thought that when mentioning something important in game I should use the spoiler option??? Did I do it incorrectly?
Yeah a bit. The text you used as the spoiler name should have been in the spoiler and not the spoiler name:);)
Insteadt of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it should have been

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
Yeah a bit. The text you used as the spoiler name should have been in the spoiler and not the spoiler name:);)
Insteadt of
it should have been
I'm sorry I'm an idiot because I guess I don't understand how to use it correctly

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
But Nova as Nami is highly probable so have faith, brother.
She fits more Baby 5. Same for Luna as Perona. But anyway, Nova already cosplayed once, I don't think that would happen again, unless she's the only niche character for that.

And as much I would like a Reiju cosplay, dunno if anyone fits that.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I dont know, I am happy that it is not One Piece-themed. I think One Piece is a bit overused nowadays. (It is a very good franchise, but I am happy to see pirate-content which is not One Piece)

Reactions: Salviocass99

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I dont know, I am happy that it is not One Piece-themed. I think One Piece is a bit overused nowadays. (It is a very good franchise, but I am happy to see pirate-content which is not One Piece)
I expect a bit of reference to it, maybe Nova will dress up as Nami or something, especially now after the Netflix live adaptation, it is unlikely that it won't have any reference at all, but its not gonna be the major theme. :giggle:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

• Haha
Reactions: Ungawa

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm sorry I'm an idiot because I guess I don't understand how to use it correctly
So to try and clarify: When you choose to make a spoiler box, the code looks like this:

Code:
[SPOILER="This is a spoiler"]This is the content of the spoiler[/SPOILER]
If you use the spoiler flag button above, it opens up a pop-up menu: The text you type there is the "This is a spoiler" text.

I'm guessing what you did was type out the sentence you wanted to hide, highlighted and copied it, then hit the flag, then pasted it, which resulted in the sentence being in both places.

All you have to do to put already-typed content into a spoiler box is highlight the text and then hit the flag. Then, you can either type something describing the spoiler (presumably non-spoilery) in the pop-up box or just leave it blank.

Also, remember you can always click on the "edit" button after you've posted if you notice something wrong with it.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 193239.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: balboa2151
4.80 star(s) 908 Votes