ugonna100

Oct 11, 2021
Yo just wanna say this game is awesome. like one of the best i've ever played. and hot dang that latest update was wow

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
/has repeatedly shown in his recent posts that he is a Lalatina-tier degenerate who appreciates (and possibly gets off at) cursed images posted in this thread

/is still somehow expected to show a higher level of humanity than me

View attachment 3282200
You know I just like to joke with you mate.

But seriously, those Gerdriel photoshops still haunt me to this very day.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Development is definitely slower. However I think it has more to do with the quality and increasing scope of the game as opposed to less work. Development work was a lot faster when he was working on Once in a Lifetime and the first few updates of the game. But all of that was also less complex than the recent updates. The game has been increasing in quality each update and that means more time is being spent on each update.

I remember last update the progress seemed to stall towards the end and I think it was because of the Alex scene which has some of the best animations in any AVN so far. I think we will get a bunch of scenes with similar quality in this update which may be why it is taking long (and I am assuming he took time off in december).

Of course some people dont care about the increase in quality and were happy with the way things were in the past. That's totally reasonable Once in a Lifetime was a lot simpler but it is a great game. In some ways I like it even more than Eternum. But if they have a problem with the way development is right now, they can simply not support the dev if they dont think the increased dev time because of the new animations/higher production quality is worth their money.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, dev deliberately changed to a more slower paced dev speed in order to prevent burnout (which he mentioned to have almost felt when working on 0.5, which incidentally was the last version where he was working at a faster rate than what we have now). And yes, the update did stall in 0.6 but he mentioned that the slow prog was mainly due to him getting sick at the time and trying to make sure the Collector whodunit was working properly due to the more-than-usual variables and outcomes that it had...at least, compared to what he's used to. As for the animations, well as I said a while back he mentioned that he had hired an animator sometime around 0.6 to help him smooth out animations so he could work on other aspects of the VN (said animator is said to have worked a great deal on the Alex scene, particularly on making the piston-pumping really go hard (heh)).

Reactions: kanzen123

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
As I mentioned in an earlier post, dev deliberately changed to a more slower paced dev speed in order to prevent burnout (which he mentioned to have almost felt when working on 0.5, which incidentally was the last version where he was working at a faster rate than what we have now). And yes, the update did stall in 0.6 but he mentioned that the slow prog was mainly due to him getting sick at the time and trying to make sure the Collector whodunit was working properly due to the more-than-usual variables and outcomes that it had...at least, compared to what he's used to. As for the animations, well as I said a while back he mentioned that he had hired an animator sometime around 0.6 to help him smooth out animations so he could work on other aspects of the VN (said animator is said to have worked a great deal on the Alex scene, particularly on making the piston-pumping really go hard (heh)).
Wasnt just talking about last update. I have been following his work since the previous game. For example 0.1 -> 0.2 we would get 7-10% each week like clockwork. Once in a Lifetime was even faster than that iirc. He was extremely fast not just for the few months he took to make the last update but for several years before that from the time he was making his previous game.

The time delay this update makes a lot of sense since each updates gets more complex the more the developer improves. And because more work is involved, trying to do all that additional work while maintaining the same rate as before would lead to burnout because you are trying to do a lot more work in that time. And I think that may be what happened last update. Personally I am fine with the current rate and I like that we are getting really high quality content. And maybe others are not and are fine with the lower quality of stuff like once in a lifetime. But I dont think anybody can accuse him of milking there is definitely work being done and the results will probably be obvious in a month or two when the next update drops.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
i can already imagine Dylan741's reaction to this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Almost..
What...
Dylan741

Props to An known for creating a masterpiece.
SERIOUSLY?.gif
As if poor Dylan needs to see more traumas in this thread:
Nope... Don't worry.. I got it covered...
Eh...
Why you didn't just pm him instead? That's pure evil, no one ever deserves to see that monstrosity ever again. C'mon man. I can cope with a lot of things, even with things that I don't like, but this post of yours created a level of distrust and a hope of social distance from my keyboard that wasn't ever achieved before.

I expected this kind of evil act towards humanity from Dorfnutter, not from you kind sir.
Eh, Dorf got his first emulator, we need to do something...
Also here...

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I hope you slept well? Woke up so well until saw a picture of Gertrude :LOL:
Luckily for me I saw it today and not yesterday before going to sleep... Anyway you should dedicate these things to Pitrik he will feel excluded...
That's not good...

NONOII.gif

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I mean, jokes aside it's something that Cari's considering as some form of contingency in case the upcoming threesomes/foursomes/orgy scenes with the Carters get flagged by Patreon this time around...

View attachment 3279670
I wonder if it'll be an explicit line about them being adopted or a roundabout line that could be taken as a joke or serious depending on the player.

But damn, does this mean Nancy was a virgin after all?? :ROFLMAO:

(idrc but it adds to the meme lol)

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
OIALT had that train scene with the guy and the dildo

Eternum should have a variant of that scene with Gertrude :BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: MAGO-DAG
4.80 star(s) 930 Votes