Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Maybe Eternum is a Nexus between different dimensions and people that die only switch the dimension? But someone is now trapping them in the Nexus to use them as essentially slaves/NPCs. :unsure:
Eternum being another name for the Astral Plane (or the Caribdiverse version of it) doesn't refute the Nexus idea considering that some texts (and even D&D lore) mention it is a pathway to other planes or realms (which suspiciously sounds like servers or the "heavens" that Luna's grandaunt mentioned to Luna's grandmother). So in a way, the Astral Plane IS a Nexus of sorts.

As for the dead, well, part of the theory is that they can't really move on because the door to the afterlife is closed thanks to someone likely not wanting to pass on into the great beyond. Said someone is now using the dead to help with the gem hunt, which is likely what keeps the door closed and a certain someone chained to her place (or maybe her being chained IS what's keeping the door closed...well, assuming that she is indeed Anima or an incarnation of her that might as well be the case)

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Thats the thing when you have 7 LIs. This is basically the number which is still ok, but if it turns into more, it just leads to some LIs not getting enough action. Especially when they are unpopular (which is the case for Penny, at least according to the votes on the screenshot which was going around a few days ago).

And IMO, Penny is currently the weakest. She does not have much what makes her stand-out compared to others, other than being pretty with big boobs. But again, she did not have much content lately, so no wonder she comes off a bit bland.
This is the reason I kinda dislike the poll and when people refer to it; it's soooo easy to draw bad conclusions from it.

The truth is that Caribdis has created 7 LI's who are all liked by nearly everyone, which is a rare feat in this business. I would bet that if you made a poll on any of the LI's with the simple question "Do you like character X, yes or no?", or alternatively "Are you happy with the inclusion of character X in the story, yes or no?", every girl would have 85%+ answers yes. Claiming that any of the LI's is unpopular is wild.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
This is the reason I kinda dislike the poll and when people refer to it; it's soooo easy to draw bad conclusions from it.

The truth is that Caribdis has created 7 LI's who are all liked by nearly everyone, which is a rare feat in this business. I would bet that if you made a poll on any of the LI's with the simple question "Do you like character X, yes or no?", or alternatively "Are you happy with the inclusion of character X in the story, yes or no?", every girl would have 85%+ answers yes. Claiming that any of the LI's is unpopular is wild.
I dont claim it. It is my opinion. Thats why I said "IMO" (in my opinion). Because Penny is currently the least developed character, she does not really have anything going for her except for being a somewhat popular model and having big boobs. The other LIs are currently more fleshed out, even if some of them did not really have much content. (E.g. Lunas character is more unique than Pennys, even if Luna also did not have that much content yet)

Obviously, on their own, every LI is good. They are likeable characters. But if you compare them, you will see the difference. And this is why some people have a favorite and others have a different favorite.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I dont claim it. It is my opinion. Thats why I said "IMO" (in my opinion). Because Penny is currently the least developed character, she does not really have anything going for her except for being a somewhat popular model and having big boobs. The other LIs are currently more fleshed out, even if some of them did not really have much content. (E.g. Lunas character is more unique than Pennys, even if Luna also did not have that much content yet)

Obviously, on their own, every LI is good. They are likeable characters. But if you compare them, you will see the difference. And this is why some people have a favorite and others have a different favorite.
You're right... But when anyone see Penny the first time, nobody would say that she's underdeveloped... :LOL:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

I mean no one should take that poll to serious and in the end the answer with by far the most votes was "harem" anyway, as it should be.

The truth is that I feel both Dalia and especially Penny simply hadn't much time to shine so far. Dalia had her competition which was nice, but not too special and Penny had that touching memory and the Halloween party where she was gone for a long time, so we could've awesome and funny scenes with Nova instead. Penny got mostly outshined in what originally seemed like it would be mainly her scene.

Both lack a niche they can call their own, in my opinion. Yes, Dalia is the sporty one but that only really shows with her having slightly more defined abs than any of the other girls. Her big conflict is that she is only the 2nd best woman in sports in the city...damn, what a serious problem to have... :HideThePain:

Penny on the other hand is supposed to look a bit more like a blonde bimbo but is actually pretty smart. But that only comes through here and there and in the big boob department her mother is right there with her anyway, also bringing the red hair and the potential milf appeal into the mix. Her internal problem is that her good looks kinda outshine her intelligence and that people are very superficial in regards to her. And again: "I'm looking too good!" is another serious problem, a lot of people can very much relate to... :HideThePain:

So ultimately it isn't too much of a surprise to me that those two are probably the least favorite LIs in the game so far, because they both are comparatively boring to begin with AND they haven't been to fleshed out either. At least as of now neither of the two really had stand out scenes as far as I remember, with the exception of Penny's memory I would say.

And no, I don't think either of them is unpopular that would mean that people actively don't like them and rather would them see gone from the story. I think that most players don't care as much about the two as they do about the others like Luna, Alex, Annie or Nova mainly.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So ultimately it isn't too much of a surprise to me that those two are probably the least favorite LIs in the game so far, because they both are comparatively boring to begin with AND they haven't been to fleshed out either.
Hey, I'd love to flesh them both out!

• Haha
Reactions: Takkatakka

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I mean no one should take that poll to serious and in the end the answer with by far the most votes was "harem" anyway, as it should be.

The truth is that I feel both Dalia and especially Penny simply hadn't much time to shine so far. Dalia had her competition which was nice, but not too special and Penny had that touching memory and the Halloween party where she was gone for a long time, so we could've awesome and funny scenes with Nova instead. Penny got mostly outshined in what originally seemed like it would be mainly her scene.

Both lack a niche they can call their own, in my opinion. Yes, Dalia is the sporty one but that only really shows with her having slightly more defined abs than any of the other girls. Her big conflict is that she is only the 2nd best woman in sports in the city...damn, what a serious problem to have... :HideThePain:

Penny on the other hand is supposed to look a bit more like a blonde bimbo but is actually pretty smart. But that only comes through here and there and in the big boob department her mother is right there with her anyway, also bringing the red hair and the potential milf appeal into the mix. Her internal problem is that her good looks kinda outshine her intelligence and that people are very superficial in regards to her. And again: "I'm looking too good!" is another serious problem, a lot of people can very much relate to... :HideThePain:

So ultimately it isn't too much of a surprise to me that those two are probably the least favorite LIs in the game so far, because they both are comparatively boring to begin with AND they haven't been to fleshed out either. At least as of now neither of the two really had stand out scenes as far as I remember, with the exception of Penny's memory I would say.

And no, I don't think either of them is unpopular that would mean that people actively don't like them and rather would them see gone from the story. I think that most players don't care as much about the two as they do about the others like Luna, Alex, Annie or Nova mainly.
Just adding to this, but with Penny, Nova takes most of the spotlight in the party. You're at a college party and who just got dunked on? Penny. Who's there to help with everything? Nova.

You wonder why the C. O. N. is a thing but you've had more screentime with Nova than you've had with almost any of the Carters and that's saying something.

For Dalia, Alex has the screen time and the Ice Queen presence to really move her out the way. Sure, Dalia is a gym rat while Penny is a social celebrity. But that doesn't make them unique or enticing. I like them as characters, but as LIs they're really side characters since Nova is closer to Orion for longer just the same as Alex is.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
you've had more screentime with Nova than you've had with almost any of the Carters and that's saying something.
Nova's alias was mentioned to us by Idriel on our very first visit. Any of the Carters posess a weapon of Atlas? :)

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018

It’s hilarious to me that you list out all these reasons that are negative against Dalia and Penny. Then at the end add in Annie, like she isn’t the most cliche out of all of them as the shy virgin neighbor girl who was secretly in love. Her problem is “We’re good friends so I’m afraid to act on romance and ruin it”. In your words such a serious problem.

I think all of the characters are great but in hierarchy she is by far the least interesting in my personal opinion.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
It’s hilarious to me that you list out all these reasons that are negative against Dalia and Penny. Then at the end add in Annie, like she isn’t the most cliche out of all of them as the shy virgin neighbor girl who was secretly in love. Her problem is “We’re good friends so I’m afraid to act on romance and ruin it”. In your words such a serious problem.

I think all of the characters are great but in hierarchy she is by far the least interesting in my personal opinion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For all intents and purposes, Annie should be MUCH, MUCH farther down the path than she is, especially with the alone time and trauma of the Andromeda server. The story isn't playing to her strengths at all and what was established since jump.

She's a powerful mage, she's played Eternum longer than Orion, but she's constantly in the worst roles that she's at a significant disadvantage. No magic. Can't stand horror. And constantly self conscious which vagblocks her something fierce.

I truly wish that Cari had combined them into a unique character that was a gym rat, social media with presence, because personally, I feel he did Annie the dirtiest out of them all, Dalia is closer on the personal path, and Penny just seems to constantly be on the backburner even though she's the tits.

The previews of 0.7 seem to do well to give her (Penny) something so I'm just hoping Dalia and Annie are done far better in the next update and 0.8.

4.80 star(s) 896 Votes