Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
Have either of the last two builds been put up back when they were in Beta?
0.2 was leaked less than 24 hours before 'full' release for Gods, IIRC. It was still in Beta then.

The Beta releases were pretty clean, and so is this one, but knowing Caribdis and suggestions that a few of us have made (plus spell/grammar checks) I know that there is stuff he's going to want to clean up before full release.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
0.2 was leaked less than 24 hours before 'full' release for Gods, IIRC. It was still in Beta then.

The Beta releases were pretty clean, and so is this one, but knowing Caribdis and suggestions that a few of us have made (plus spell/grammar checks) I know that there is stuff he's going to want to clean up before full release.
I can certainly buy the releases being stable. I just think >$100 for a build is a bit much for a random hero to bite off.

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
i was curious how much that tier would be in my currency.. $148
thats certainly a thing and yeah theres not gonna be a "hero" we'll just have to wait patiently which is whatever honestly

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

Personally I don't care about the leak, the game will come out when it needs to come out. I just want people to support him if they can (he deserves it) and hope as well he has his own deserved rest.

While I'm (and will) continuously defending this dev not only for his work but also for his comitment with schedules, I do not hope for him to have burnout for working non-stop to fulfil promises and please his fans. That's why I'll gladly wait for his product, because I know it will always have quality.

Aug 15, 2021
The way peoples and items looks on that server doesn't really means much.
Nova's gun changes form depending on the server. She was in a Sin City server before, that's why her weapon looked like a sniper rifle. Same for Alex's clothes, since she was on a fantasy server.
Calypso was summoned/freed directly on a not configured server, we (the poor fans) don't know how she'll look on a legit server.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Definitely another superb update, as expected from Caribdis. Do yourself a favor when you do get this and do NOT speed read, though most of you who enjoy it probably don't anyway.

Only words I can offer now is to make sure you are wearing your robe and wizard hat. Oh, and remember...
View attachment 1755496

(Editing to add: I'm not going to leak, I don't particularly care about being a 'hero'. Someone else eventually will, just like it always has been. My job is trying to convince folks that yes, Caribdis is definitely worth supporting - so if you do, thank you. I also realize that posts/leaks like these are what let people know and try games in the first place - which is how I found Caribdis and Once In a Lifetime in the first place years ago.)
I'm not against supporting Carbides - I've been on the $2 tier since OIALT 0.4 - but I'm not shelling out $100 just for a pre-release build. I live in a third world country, these prices are absolute murder for me.
It's just that, you need to understand everyone's position here. There are people who are likely never going to pay a dime to anybody. But there are also people who can't pay. We can help through other methods, like getting him exposure through reviews and likes and all that. It's not like we want to fuck over the creator.

Last edited:

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Definitely another superb update, as expected from Caribdis. Do yourself a favor when you do get this and do NOT speed read, though most of you who enjoy it probably don't anyway.

Only words I can offer now is to make sure you are wearing your robe and wizard hat. Oh, and remember...
View attachment 1755496

(Editing to add: I'm not going to leak, I don't particularly care about being a 'hero'. Someone else eventually will, just like it always has been. My job is trying to convince folks that yes, Caribdis is definitely worth supporting - so if you do, thank you. I also realize that posts/leaks like these are what let people know and try games in the first place - which is how I found Caribdis and Once In a Lifetime in the first place years ago.)
What was your playthrough time of version 0.3? No speedread ofc :)

Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
What was your playthrough time of version 0.3? No speedread ofc :)
Very slightly longer than 0.2 for me. But I was playing slow, exploring (save scumming) the options to see results, etc., like I've done with each release. 0.1 was about 2 and a half hours, 0.2 was just under 3 and a half, and 0.3 was about 3 hours 45 mins (roughly).

I still was reading fast, but since it was beta and I'm one of the early folks I was also checking for spelling, looking at the characters for any glitches, etc..

For someone not looking for stuff like that or save scumming the choices, then it probably clocks in at just about 2 hours.

Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
I'm not against supporting Carbides - I've been on the $2 tier since OIALT 0.4 - but I'm not shelling out $100 just for a pre-release build. I live in a third world country, these prices are absolute murder for me.
It's just that, you need to understand everyone's position here. There are people who are likely never going to pay a dime to anybody. But there are also people who can't pay. We can help through other methods, like getting him exposure through reviews and likes and all that. It's not like we want to fuck over the creator.
I don't think I was disagreeing with any point of the statement you made, nor do I have a lack of understanding for everyone's position? I just said I'm promoting that he get support, I won't share because that's not how I roll personally. Even I don't (can't afford) support for every creator who's game I have tried. There are just too many.

If you can't or won't... ok cool? I'm not saying that anyone had to shell out $100 for a super early release either. Hell, wait a month even without it being leaked here and it's free anyway... so yeah...

Jehuty206

Jun 20, 2020
Very slightly longer than 0.2 for me. But I was playing slow, exploring (save scumming) the options to see results, etc., like I've done with each release. 0.1 was about 2 and a half hours, 0.2 was just under 3 and a half, and 0.3 was about 3 hours 45 mins (roughly).

I still was reading fast, but since it was beta and I'm one of the early folks I was also checking for spelling, looking at the characters for any glitches, etc..

For someone not looking for stuff like that or save scumming the choices, then it probably clocks in at just about 2 hours.
Got to read that. The 0.3 update seems huge in content.
Thanks for the feedback.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Calypso is a girl in Greek mythology, [...]
Let's take a short walk down this road:

Calypso; "to cover", "to conceal", "to hide" => "She who conceals" (question: what or who?); in greek mythology she's a nymph, daughter of Atlas and Pleione. Lives on the otherwise uninhabited (sic) island of Ogygia.

According to Homer Calypso tries to keep Odysseus on her island to make him her immortal husband whlie he "gets to enjoy her sensual pleasures forever". When the gods order her to set Odysseus free, she provides him with tools, materials and food so he can build a raft. When he finally leaves she send him a favorable wind at his back.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021

I need spoilers if you don't mind, who got scenes in ep 3?

4.80 star(s) 878 Votes