ashencone

Sep 21, 2021
Heard good things about this game, so trying it out. Love the art style so far!
Also, no offense, but unless "the founder" is some Alien or a Sentient AI, making something 1% the size of Eternum (MMORPG) would consume more than their entire lifetime. So "created the game by itself" really does not improve immersion :LOL: screenshot0001.png

hanzofactory

Oct 18, 2020
Also, no offense, but unless "the founder" is some Alien or a Sentient AI, making something 1% the size of Eternum (MMORPG) would consume more than their entire lifetime. So "created the game by itself" really does not improve immersion :LOL:
The game has a mystery behind it, and it's supposedly supernatural. So as far as we know anything's possible (haven't played through ep 3 yet)

Reactions: youngethan

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
Also, no offense, but unless "the founder" is some Alien or a Sentient AI, making something 1% the size of Eternum (MMORPG) would consume more than their entire lifetime. So "created the game by itself" really does not improve immersion :LOL: View attachment 1756066
Maybe he had a whole team but took all the credit? *cough*Steve Jobs*cough* damn my throat is itchy.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Also, no offense, but unless "the founder" is some Alien or a Sentient AI, making something 1% the size of Eternum (MMORPG) would consume more than their entire lifetime. So "created the game by itself" really does not improve immersion :LOL: View attachment 1756066
"the founder" is "something". This piggybacks off of the previous game, so there's some not-normal people involved.

Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
I think now I gonna irritat you with a similar question but I can't resist myself , is their any scene with Alex
If there was a scene that was anything more than conversation, I listed it already.

On that note, I'm off for now, so no more replies to anything. lol

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Also, no offense, but unless "the founder" is some Alien or a Sentient AI, making something 1% the size of Eternum (MMORPG) would consume more than their entire lifetime. So "created the game by itself" really does not improve immersion :LOL:
Play the previous game Once in a lifetime before this one, they are in the same universe and will probably be related.
Just FYI this is the highest rated game on this site and the previous one is the fourth one so definitively worth your time.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Let's take a short walk down this road:

Calypso; "to cover", "to conceal", "to hide" => "She who conceals" (question: what or who?); in greek mythology she's a nymph, daughter of Atlas and Pleione. Lives on the otherwise uninhabited (sic) island of Ogygia.

According to Homer Calypso tries to keep Odysseus on her island to make him her immortal husband whlie he "gets to enjoy her sensual pleasures forever". When the gods order her to set Odysseus free, she provides him with tools, materials and food so he can build a raft. When he finally leaves she send him a favorable wind at his back.
And Penelope is Odysseus wife.
And Orion (default MC name) is a giant huntsman.
And Luna is the greco-roman goddess of the moon.
And Thanatos is the personification of death.
And Nova is literally "new" in latin.
And there are a lot of Alex (Alexander) in greek mythology.

Doubt they are related tbh, just quite curious.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Alternatively, you can say that:
Luna -- bec she likes mysteries -> dark -> night -> moon
Nova -- bec her personality is explosive (supernova)
Alex -- bec her personality is forceful - Alexander means conqueror
Orion - hunter -- MC will hunt all the girls :)

Reactions: HogRocket

Dickbutt13

Dec 13, 2019
Very slightly longer than 0.2 for me. But I was playing slow, exploring (save scumming) the options to see results, etc., like I've done with each release. 0.1 was about 2 and a half hours, 0.2 was just under 3 and a half, and 0.3 was about 3 hours 45 mins (roughly).

I still was reading fast, but since it was beta and I'm one of the early folks I was also checking for spelling, looking at the characters for any glitches, etc..

For someone not looking for stuff like that or save scumming the choices, then it probably clocks in at just about 2 hours.
More than 3 hours? That's a great update length, Caribdis you are the GOAT!

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Let's take a short walk down this road:

Calypso; "to cover", "to conceal", "to hide" => "She who conceals" (question: what or who?); in greek mythology she's a nymph, daughter of Atlas and Pleione. Lives on the otherwise uninhabited (sic) island of Ogygia.

According to Homer Calypso tries to keep Odysseus on her island to make him her immortal husband whlie he "gets to enjoy her sensual pleasures forever". When the gods order her to set Odysseus free, she provides him with tools, materials and food so he can build a raft. When he finally leaves she send him a favorable wind at his back.
I didn’t really take a look at the name but an invisibility cloak immediately comes to mind, or maybe she has some travelling power (can go to any server, can go to servers without equipment restrictions,etc)

There’s more to that story you mentioned. After she sends Odysseus on his way she gets cursed by the gods to forever have powerful heroes wash up on her shore so she can heal and take care of them, and then they leave again. Like that’s her sole purpose in life.
she was also the daughter of a titan of the sea which is why she is confined to an island (olympians, the current gods, overthrew titans and put them in prison) as a punishment for helping her father escape or something.
All this lore might translate in-game (Orion is definitely a ‘hero’ or at least a chosen one), like maybe she was put there as a punishment. But it sounds pretty unlikely to me (its still cool though)

Jul 17, 2019
0.2 was leaked less than 24 hours before 'full' release for Gods, IIRC. It was still in Beta then.

The Beta releases were pretty clean, and so is this one, but knowing Caribdis and suggestions that a few of us have made (plus spell/grammar checks) I know that there is stuff he's going to want to clean up before full release.
0.2 was leaked when eternumite tier got access to the game, not earlier.

Reactions: Zeitguerst
4.80 star(s) 916 Votes