Yung Turkey

May 19, 2021
I know we're all trying to be noble here, but...so...when are we getting 0.3? I really wish I could pay for it, honestly. But I can't. So, if anyone can give me an ETA or something, thanks!
- Demon Lord Tier (BETA) - April 13 - 05:00 PM (UTC)
- God Tier - April 15 - 05:00 PM (UTC)
- Eternumite Tier - April 19 - 05:00 PM (UTC)
- Master Tier - April 24- 05:00 PM (UTC)
- Supporter Tier - April 29 - 05:00 PM (UTC)
- Public Release - May 5 - 05:00 PM (UTC)

Reactions: Walter Victor

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Thank you for the detailed opinions. When I bought the subscription on patreon, I was sure I would post the game right away. But then I decided to ask the opinions of more experienced users and...

I like the idea that everyone wants to play early, but also everyone is respectful of the creator (the game is worth it) and generally doesn't mind waiting a little longer. I definitely won't be posting the new version until god tier tomorrow. We'll see from there. I think it will be the right thing to do.

Also, I feel the need to apologize for possibly giving someone premature hopes.
Damn you blueballed all of us :KEK:

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Hypothetically though, would it be so bad if the link dropped earlier than that?
If nothing else, I'm sure it would be frustrating from the dev's perspective. I think waiting for our respective turns is a nice way to show appreciation and respect to them. It's going to get released for free eventually anyway.

That said, even if you're looking at things purely from a self interest perspective, I wouldn't want to discourage a developer from creating content because they feel like people are exploiting them.

I've seen online authors and game makers drop projects for less anyway.

Feb 5, 2021
If nothing else, I'm sure it would be frustrating from the dev's perspective. I think waiting for our respective turns is a nice way to show appreciation and respect to them. It's going to get released for free eventually anyway.

That said, even if you're looking at things purely from a self interest perspective, I wouldn't want to discourage a developer from creating content because they feel like people are exploiting them.

I've seen online authors and game makers drop projects for less anyway.
Not only that, but it's called "beta" for a reason. There are always some kinks to iron out in the first round or first few rounds of release of a new update. For your own self-interest, it's better to wait until public release because by then, any bugs, typos, and other mishaps will have been pointed out by the early-release supporters.

Reactions: lonelygale

Jehuty206

Jun 20, 2020
Like many of us here, i prefer wait a few days for the 0.3 for the leak.
Caribdis is a cool guy and i support him on Subiscribestar for his good work. The dude is always nice and always available for infos about the game and even so you can just laught with him via messages etc etc.
If the leaker is not confortable for releasing the 0.3 that early than don't do it now. I think we can wait a little.
For me the wait is like a sort a respect. I can afford to spent this kind of money for a higher.

Please forgive me for my bad English.

Nov 17, 2019
I havent tossed any money at Caribdis yet and i probably will for the supporter tier. As always i wait for the completion before giving money. I have enjoyed what i have played too much to not support occasionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaterGater

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I'm not pushing for a leak or anything so don't read this like I am. I just have some thoughts about the topic of supporting the Developer and how leaking content here fits it.

I see it in many ways like borrowing a book from a friend. Your friend bought the book and is loaning it to you and if you like the book maybe you'll buy the next one. If I borrow a book, or buy a used game or book, the developer/writer doesn't get anything from that, but they did from the initial purchase. The sunk costs of creating the book or game were covered for that copy by the first purchaser. It's also kind of like a demo. You don't usually pay for demos, but you should for a complete game.

I always pay for complete games that I have done a full playthrough of, and some games I like the idea of investing in early, so I've done some steam early access (since it's a onetime investment and I'll get the completed game too) and such but that's rare for me. I'm not well off, I live basically paycheck to paycheck now that I'm doing a job that I love but doesn't pay much, and even an extra twenty bucks (that isn't already earmarked for either my emergency fund or going towards my new computer I'm planning to get) can be hard for me to come by at the end of the month.

Just some of the thoughts I've had while reading other's comments.

4.80 star(s) 933 Votes