LordGrim95

Feb 2, 2024
I played and finished Etermum v6 first then played Once in a Lifetime. Now going back to play Eternum again from the beginning after latest update and finally understand who "Former President Stabb" is :LOL:

Reactions: notBatman747

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Orion has the 100% compatibility score which is why the dead are seeking him out but why he has that compatibility is still a question.
i think it's pretty obvious that Orion is a budding Immortal. He's the only one who's had portals to Eternum opening nearby at random. According to Bardot, this is the prime ability of the Immortals. The deeper connection to Eternum, exemplified by his high compatibility and strange abilities is just another facet of it.

This would make him prime marriage material for Calypso when she realises it. As for the xenomorph thing.... My guess is just some random threat that somebody awakened/attracted by chance. Eternum is implied to be a massive multiverse with the numbers filed over. So it would make sense for it to have a terrors from the dark kinds of threats.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I just don't agree that Orion was really getting arrogant. The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice. If anything his only screw up was by not taking it farther and making sure the enemy was down for the count.
Wait, what?

Someone asks for a cigarette or some change, and you think the correct response is to punch them in the face and his mistake was to not beat them unconscious?

What kind of American Psycho are you?

Reactions: Radish Cruton

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
I just don't agree that Orion was really getting arrogant. The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice. If anything his only screw up was by not taking it farther and making sure the enemy was down for the count. The only reason the situation went pear shaped is because a junkie who likely didn't have 2 eternals to rub together SOMEHOW had a gun. If they were proper gang members then sure I can see that, but junkies? At most they would have a knife or a broken bottle. Also if you're going to mug someone and you have a gun you pull that out first, much more likely to get the money without having to fire a shot.

I mean the entire chapter Orion was constantly questioning himself and his enemies. With the werewolves he was confident but also respected the enemy enough to be wary of him and while I haven't seen the vampire route I'm sure it's pretty similar. He even questions if what he is doing with the girls is right and after thinking about it comes to a logical conclusion, it's probably not the right one but the fact that he even stops to question it shows that he is aware of his actions and not just assuming he is the god king and that everything will work out.

All in all I don't think Orion earned that shit from Idriel. If you wanted him to earn it then the werewolf/vampire parts would have had him just assuming he would win without challenge. You would have removed the part about him being excited that Coyote was an actual challenge and replaced it with something more like "Coyote is better than I thought but still a chump not worth mentioning" you would have him NOT questioning his relationships with the girls and just assuming he is so badass it's obvious they would fall for him. Having a single encounter where he shows a level of earned arrogance that goes sideways in a kind of stupid way does not warrant the "You deserve this because you were being arrogant" speech. At best it deserves a "This is not how things were supposed to happen, someone interfered with your destiny" or "You were unlucky"

If you really wanted to hit us with the consequences for arrogance trope then there should have been small moments where he truly was getting arrogant, then have Idriel chide him in one of her talks, something like "You are doing well but be wary of arrogance and do not let it cloud your judgement" then hit us with what we got and it would feel earned and right. This feels like Cari wanted to have a morality moment and threw it in because it would make a good cliffhanger not that it made sense to the story and character.

Aside from all that it was a great chapter, a little bit short but with all of the theory fodder it totally makes up for it. Now I just have to work out if Orion is going to survive the incident, become like Thanatos, or have the world kind of reset.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Just a quick question.

Do I really have to buy the Poly juice Potion???
Orion is going broke...
How will he even pay child support if...
He's losing Money...
He's losing blood...
He's losing life...

What are we gonna do with the Polyjuice potion??
Cosplay as Jerry???
Cause... we already successfully did that.:HideThePain:
[Sighs]...
C'mon man :HideThePain:
When I bought the polyjuice potion I went from 1900 to ~900 or something. Where'd all the money go, Brad?

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Great update as usual. About the ending, my expectation is that Orion turns into an Immortal... and that will be the development of Calypso's arc .

I still wonder what Idriel really is.
For some reason I'm starting to suspect that Idriel and Calypso are from the same family.

Reactions: deathgod72

Here4pr0n

Jan 2, 2023
Is there a way for me to change a character's name? One of them has the same name of a family member and it feels hella uncomfortable talking about them

• Hey there
Reactions: TheBlock43

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
after doing 6 different runs with different option i think i summed up the questions i hope to get answered soon :D
I probably did the same as you in regards to this one, but I honestly can't recall what it said. Is it at all relevant to what's happened since?

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
I probably did the same as you in regards to this one, but I honestly can't recall what it said. Is it at all relevant to what's happened since?
i dont know, that is why its one of questions im waiting to be answered XD
at least i did not see any conclusions to any of these questions including the one you quoted

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hungover00

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
after doing 6 different runs with different option i think i summed up the questions i hope to get answered soon :D
1. If you open the letter it contains the Ephesia Grammata, a set of Greek words that provided a sort of protection when uttered properly. It doesn't have an effect if Orion opens it and utters the words, but it likely will be of use later on in the story (possibly even at the beginning of 0.8 as a means to get Orion out of his current predicament).

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Wait, what happened to Sancho mod? I don't see it in the main page anymore?
For whatever stupid reason they decided that mods and compressed versions aren't allowed in the OPs anymore, so now people have to search for them or ask around.

Still, Sancho just posted this like a page earlier (depending on your settings):

Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Eternum - MultiMod Edition (v0.7.0 Update)
View attachment 3470306
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
View attachment 3470309 View attachment 3470310 View attachment 3470311
View attachment 3470336 View attachment 3470337
  • The mod you want.
  • The mod you deserve.
  • The best damn mod in all Eternum.
  • The mod so badass it can't even be listed in the OP.
Just look at all these features with even more in-game:
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above).

Regards and be well.
- Sancho
Same for this case:

Is there a compressed version with the latest update here?
https://f95zone.to/threads/eternum-v0-7-0-hotfix-caribdis.93340/post-13268145

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes