Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Everyone saying Cari lied about the cliffhanger but I can already see the bastard saying:

"It's not a cliffhanger guys, it's an ending. Orion dies. The end. I didn't lie."

:HideThePain:

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Everyone saying Cari lied about the cliffhanger but I can already see the bastard saying:

"It's not a cliffhanger guys, it's an ending. I didn't lie."

Pretty much what I said as well:

So, finally finished 0.7 as well...and...boy...I really thought Eternum would still go for a few updates. That ending felt a bit rushed and dark, but okay. I'm looking forward to what game Cari will start next.

:Kappa:
:KEK:

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022

"It's not a cliffhanger guys, it's an ending. I didn't lie."

that is devious :D
next week Cari casually announcing new game project and it start sinking in to everyone that you are correct XD
EDIT: Luna fans would probably riot though XD

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
next week Cari casually announcing new game project and it start sinking in to everyone that you are correct XD
Don't forget Annie and Dalia's fans joining the Lunatics in their show of displeasure, since they never got the chance to get freaky with the protagonist like Nancy, Alex, Penny and Nova did. :whistle::whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean...Luna's - now demonstrated - powers and her not seeing Orions - mundane - death...that has its own implications. :unsure:

• Haha

topshelf

Dec 7, 2023
Also, if it is one of eternum areas, why can't calypso get there?
I don't think it's ever been said that Calypso couldn't get to Kredon. She just can't use the exit portals, which makes sense since she's not using a neural implant to access servers.

When Orion was visiting family away from Kredon for a couple of weeks and played Eternum occasionally, Caly said she could sense when Orion left "what you call the real world" and Orion called her out for spying on him. He also summoned her by accident on Warthogs, and she's probably growing stronger by the ritual she's doing now... if she appears at the start of 0.8, it's not like the game would lack explanation for it.

Last edited:

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Wait, what?

Someone asks for a cigarette or some change, and you think the correct response is to punch them in the face and his mistake was to not beat them unconscious?

What kind of American Psycho are you?
So I just went back through the alley scene to reconfirm. The junkies ask for a cigarette as an opener, Orion says no so one of them puts his hand on your shoulder and squeezes basically saying he's willing to get violent with you. Even then Orion still tries to deescalate and walk away but then they start making verbal threats on top of the physical ones they are already making. So we have a situation where a couple of lowlifes have just made it clear they want your money, will not take no for an answer, and will use violence to get what they want. So yes I'd say punching them in the face is appropriate at that point. His only other real option would be to give in and hand over all his money. The fact that one of them SHOOTS you after their attempted robbery fails would also justify beating them into unconsciousness (even though I didn't say that in my earlier post, only that he should have made sure they were down for good which could mean a lot of things)

This wasn't some homeless guy bumming a smoke and spare change, this was a mugging, a robbery, and where I'm from if someone tries to rob you then you are allowed to defend yourself.

Reactions: Abagofbabies

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
So I just went back through the alley scene to reconfirm. The junkies ask for a cigarette as an opener, Orion says no so one of them puts his hand on your shoulder and squeezes basically saying he's willing to get violent with you. Even then Orion still tries to deescalate and walk away but then they start making verbal threats on top of the physical ones they are already making. So we have a situation where a couple of lowlifes have just made it clear they want your money, will not take no for an answer, and will use violence to get what they want. So yes I'd say punching them in the face is appropriate at that point. His only other real option would be to give in and hand over all his money. The fact that one of them SHOOTS you after their attempted robbery fails would also justify beating them into unconsciousness (even though I didn't say that in my earlier post, only that he should have made sure they were down for good which could mean a lot of things)

This wasn't some homeless guy bumming a smoke and spare change, this was a mugging, a robbery, and where I'm from if someone tries to rob you then you are allowed to defend yourself.
where i was born, if you find yourself in similar situation you are probably getting stabbed or being the stabber so i agree with you. Although i think it is important to make the distinction that such behavior is required only once they put the hand on Orion. As for other thing regarding making sure they are unconcious that would go against the vision of what kind of Orion Caribdis is trying to portray in 0.7

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017

"It's not a cliffhanger guys, it's an ending. Orion dies. The end. I didn't lie."

Yeah, I'm getting ready with that cliffhanger special already...

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
off topic question. what anime reference you hoping to see in next update? we had one piece, chuunibyou, chainsawman, arcane (if it counts)... any specific anime you hope to show up as easter egg in 0.8?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Eternum - MultiMod Edition (v0.7.0 Update)
View attachment 3470306
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
View attachment 3470309 View attachment 3470310 View attachment 3470311
View attachment 3470336 View attachment 3470337
  • The mod you want.
  • The mod you deserve.
  • The best damn mod in all Eternum.
  • The mod so badass it can't even be listed in the OP.
Just look at all these features with even more in-game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above).

Regards and be well.
- Sancho
SanchoMod
Good evening.
Just a reminder that SanchoMod is updated in case you missed it.
Have a good one.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
[/QUOTE]

But, you didn't say muggers when you said it was appropriate in the original comment, what you said was:

"The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice." (emphasis added)

I never said that defending oneself from a mugger was incorrect (though it was arrogant to turn your back on them and walk away).

Karakes

Jan 11, 2019
Maybe it's been discussed before, but with the confirmation that the Founder didn't "create" Eternum, how the heck did Nova get access to Ogyia through server access? Ignoring the fact that there are even servers period considering the implication, how would having admin access to said server get you anywhere, especially to a place that doesn't have a link to the implant network?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SovietRev

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Finished now the 0.7.

Ok, Caribdis boss hitted the spot.

Again.

Now, let's enjoy the torture mood waiting until 0.8.

And guys... this time is 9.5/10.

If this is the level, i'm scared of what will happen in 0.8.

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Point being that there were signs throughout the story where he is showing his cockiness and the feeling that he is stronger and better than most people, and that these things were definitely not subtle. You can argue that you didn't see those scenes that way, but I always thought that there were moments where Orion looked like he was too sure of himself (such as the Garrington scene and how he grabbed that Xenomorph larvae back in the QTE moment in Andromeda and mocked it), and that it would potentially culminate in his successes getting to him and it bites him in the ass. And as we saw in the ending, that seems to be the case.
Honestly it feels like you are grasping at straws with all the earlier examples, it's like throwing a handful of sand at the beach and saying look how much worse that makes it. There is such a thing as a healthy amount of arrogance which I think Orion was showing up until the end of the last chapter, and even then it was mostly self hype in his own head which easily could change when confronted with the real thing. To put it bluntly until Orion starts showing Axel circa ep 1 levels of arrogance then what he got in the alley is not justified. Hell call it 1/10 the arrogance Axel had in ep 1 and I'd let it slide but Orion was nowhere near that.

On the flip side it almost seems like you want Orion to be a Jedi, that unless he has exactly 0 arrogance pride or cockiness then he is deserving of a bullet to the gut. Should the girls be shot in alleys? Because they show similar or higher levels of arrogance than Orion all the time yet they receive no backlash. Is Orion held to a higher standard because he is the chosen hero? The thing he has known about for all of a day or two? The thing he never set out to be but still accepted when it was basically forced onto him. Should Orion be dropped off a building next time he wins a fight and gets excited? Should he get run over by a truck next time he brags about a certain victory? Should he get drawn and quartered next time he shows even the tiniest amount of pride that he overcame a challenge? So far you have brought up every instance that could ever be called arrogance no matter how tiny and insignificant, instances so small that drops of water thrown at the ocean would be orders of magnitude more impactful.

But you know what I just thought of something fun. Lets assume you are right and that everything you said were unacceptable levels of arrogance. That would then mean that moving forward Orion would never be able to brag, would never be allowed to be cocky, or prideful. It would mean that everything he does moving forward needs to be completely stone faced and without any emotion at all. It means he would only ever get to feel pride when someone else does something cool because everyone else in this universe is allowed to be cocky and arrogant just not Orion. Did he just save hundreds of people from death? The only reaction he would be allowed is "I did nothing the credit goes to everyone else" when everyone else is celebrating he would have to excuse himself because if he starts taking pride in his accomplishments well now that's getting close to arrogance and he might as well put the gun in his own mouth and pull the trigger just to save someone else the time. If he starts getting excited over a fight because it's fun and challenging should he immediately give up and let the other guy kill him because enjoying himself is too arrogant? If he talks down to a bad guy who is clearly weaker than he is and absolutely deserves it should he just surrender now or wait for the inevitable backlash in another alley with another bs scolding later? If he gets into a fight and thinks even for a second that he has a good chance of winning should he immediately be set on fire?

I guarantee you that everything you mentioned as being a bad thing will continue to happen after Orion 'learns his lesson' because I know Cari is only having Orion punished for what he did in the alley and maybe 1 or 2 other things he did in the last chapter. I know this because if you were to remove all those other parts of him you mentioned Orion would no longer have a personality, he would be a blank slate, a piece of wood, he would be a shell of the man named Orion who looks the same but is completely empty inside.

Disagree, Orion is full of himself the last chapters. Giving himself a title (with the Wagner group), Yelling Chop Chop in the pirate server, thinking that he can win Thanatos easily, etc.
I like a cocky protagonist and Orion is strong and confiable, but he was arrogant, that's true.
By giving himself a title do you mean the fake name he gave to keep his real identity low key/have fun at the bad guys expense? I'm asking seriously because I don't remember all of the Wagner fight since it was mostly played for laughs and badassery. Also I don't remember Orion being any worse than the girls who were with him, not by a meaningful amount anyways.

I don't know what you mean about the chop chop thing. Did you mean to say when he yelled AT chop chop because he was being goddamn infuriating and not shutting the hell up and letting him talk? If so that makes no sense because he was doing all of that and the only other option he had was to simply walk away and that would have just been rude. If that's not what you meant then I honestly have no idea.

True him thinking he could steamroll Thanatos while walking through the alley WAS arrogant, the bad kind. But it was far too little to justify the backlash he got specially when you consider that was mostly self hype and likely would have disappeared the moment he confronted Thanatos again. I never said Orion wasn't being arrogant, I said that he wasn't being arrogant enough to justify what happened to him. Also I said that entire scene just didn't really make sense, like if the junkies were replaced with proper gang members it would make a lot more sense. You know those junkies would have sold that gun just to get more smack.

But, you didn't say muggers when you said it was appropriate in the original comment, what you said was:

"The only time where he was even remotely arrogant was in the alley with the junkies and even then his reaction was perfectly warranted, if some bum comes demanding change from you punching them in the face is the correct choice." (emphasis added)

I never said that defending oneself from a mugger was incorrect (though it was arrogant to turn your back on them and walk away).
You are absolutely right I did say bum, and bums can be muggers just like anyone else. Remember a mugger isn't a type of person like a bum or junkie, a mugger is anyone who demands your goods under the threat of violence so I honestly could have said 'if a nun demands you hand over your money you punch them in the face' and I would also be correct. The key point of what I said was them DEMANDING money not who was doing it.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes