Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I would prefer to see Orion without muscles but with an adequate physique rather than a ridiculous bodybuilder with a baby's face :)
Considering the mythological origin of his default name I've always considered his ridiculous physique to be a deliberate choice to go well with it.

Screenshot_20240408_201943_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also, the baby face is pretty much an HS2 limitation, since Cari once noted that it's very difficult to create a male face that looks a bit more western adult-looking and thus less younger than he looks (though from what I've heard Orion's face is already quite a decent compromise).

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
Considering the mythological origin of his default name I've always considered his ridiculous physique to be a deliberate choice to go well with it.

View attachment 3521410

Also, the baby face is pretty much an HS2 limitation, since Cari once noted that it's very difficult to create a male face that looks a bit more western adult-looking and thus less younger than he looks (though from what I've heard Orion's face is already quite a decent compromise).
it sounds like a pathetic attempt to justify this squalor :)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
it sounds like a pathetic attempt to justify this squalor :)
Not sure why you would be so hostile about it considering it is what he mentioned at the very beginning...

Screenshot_20240408_205711_Samsung Internet.jpg

Simply put, Orion's base design was never meant to be his final one. The fact that he turned buff as time went on might be a callback to his mythological namesake or just a coincidence. But considering Cari loves his Greek references and with some of the characters having some elements borrowed from their namesakes...

(i.e. Penny being an Instagram model with a lot of simps -> Penelope from the "Odyssey" myth having a lot of suitors and men who fawn for her

Calypso being an elf with magical powers who was trapped in the server of Ogygia -> Calypso from the "Odyssey" myth being a witch who lives in the island of Ogygia

Thanatos being a top player of Eternum who also happens to be a dead man walking -> Thanatos from the Greek myths being death personified (or simply death)

Ulysses being a corporation that published a VRMMO that in actuality is a host that essentially facilitates "bizzare adventures" in various strange lands outside of ours -> Ulysses being a man from the Greek Myths who goes on his own "bizzare adventure" across strange lands and such)

...then I wouldn't be surprised if, again, Cari had been deliberate with the design choice due to the mythological angle/reference. And regardless if people like it or not, it's still his call if he wants said design to be used. /shrugs

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure why you would be so hostile about it considering it is what he mentioned at the very beginning...

View attachment 3521580

Simply put, Orion's base design was never meant to be his final one. The fact that he turned buff as time went on might be a callback to his mythological namesake or just a coincidence. But considering Cari loves his Greek references and with some of the characters having some elements borrowed from their namesakes...

(i.e. Penny being an Instagram model with a lot of simps -> Penelope from the "Odyssey" myth having a lot of suitors and men who fawn for her

Calypso being an elf with magical powers who was trapped in the server of Ogygia -> Calypso from the "Odyssey" myth being a witch who lives in the island of Ogygia

Thanatos being a top player of Eternum who also happens to be a dead man walking -> Thanatos from the Greek myths being death personified (or simply death)

Ulysses being a corporation that published a VRMMO that in actuality is a host that essentially facilitates "bizzare adventures" in various strange lands outside of ours -> Ulysses being a man from the Greek Myths who goes on his own "bizzare adventure" across strange lands and such)

...then I wouldn't be surprised if, again, Cari had been deliberate with the design choice due to the mythological angle/reference. And regardless if people like it or not, it's still his call if he wants said design to be used. /shrugs
interestingly, the Japanese loves the Greek pantheon :)

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022

View attachment 3521580

I haven't read your huge message to the end. I think these are all excuses. In that case, he could draw him a suitable face for his muscles.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
In that case, he could draw him a suitable face for his muscles.
Considering that he pretty much likes the face as per the Patreon post that I referenced and considering he doesn't do heavy face changes even back in his first game when he made a character go from this...

Screenshot_20240408_212701_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

...to this...

Screenshot_20240408_212747_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

...then tough luck, either get used to it or move on.

Reactions: TamreeFugar

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I like your tenacity :)
Nah I just like to respect an author's decision especially if there's intent in the design (i.e. close to a Western face while being expressive enough for the gag moments and not looking too "adult" given his age). Most HS2 devs I've seen seem to not give a shit when they design their MC's and are just close variants of the default HS2 protagonist model, so Orion's face is pretty commendable, especially given that Cari has stuck to it despite the changes that have happened (i.e. skin and hair and muscle mass increase) moving forward.

Not to mention there are patrons who genuinely like his appearance, hence why I said it looking "ridiculous" is more opinion than fact.

Screenshot_20240408_222420_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20240408_222337_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20240408_222309_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20240408_222215_Discord.jpg

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes