Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I enjoy drama in AVNs. so a shitshow would be welcomed :) especially for manwhore MC being forced to deal with the consequences of their choices when he is not ready at all. You can resolve it later, because it is also something that MC could need to sort out his feelings. You don't know the real value of something until you no longer have it, that kind of reasoning.

I would also be interested by stories that would have some drama that bumps the MC out of a LI's path, back to the friendzone, for it to have opportunities to jump back on the path. In all the VNs I played through, it's always choices that ejects you from the path, but nothing to come back afterwards. if there is a "come back" story, the drama happened before the beginning of the game
The problem with this is that Cari isn't exactly known for writing heavy drama in his work (hell, his last work basically didn't had THAT much drama, and stuck through its comedy-adventure fest story for the most part). And by heavy I mean the kind of shit that leads to ongoing conflicts or drama that spans throughout the update or multiple updates like the ones in other AVNs like, say, Leap of Faith or Summer's Gone or STWA: Unbroken. Nor do his patrons back on his Discord want to see it go that route, as they view Eternum as more of an adult mystery adventure story with dashes of comedy, horror, and drama (with the lewds as a sort of "bonus"). And knowing Cari he'll likely not overextend the heaviness of his work and will only use drama when the plot requires it, and not the other way around like in some AVNs where the drama IS the plot.

Feb 21, 2023
Are there any guides out there on how to create renders this good?
Highly unlikely, Caribdis is using a heavily modded version of Honey Select 2 and is quite proficient with it. One can always try to learn the difficult and impactful stuff like lighting and scenery but I would not hold my hopes up high to get to this level ever.
Like, there are games that I personally think may look better but none in HS2. This right here is about as peak as it gets.

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Are there any guides out there on how to create renders this good?
You can visit Illusion discord server and find general guide for making renders in HS1 help channels in pinned messages (same technique can be applied to HS2, it just contains overall information about photography tricks like how to frame your object in render, how to make it "pop up", what kind of lighting you can do and how to tweak overall look of your render with all the options in F5 menu).

Obviously you also need fair amount of experience and understanding how to light up your scenes (great lighting alone can turn mid render into something really good). If we're talking specifically about quality (not taking efficiency in account), then I would say that Eternum's ceiling isn't impossible to reach as some people think. Surely you won't get exactly the same result as it's tough to "copy" someone else's preset and settings, but you can still reach quite similar look (especially if you're willing to learn a bit about post-processing and improve some rough spots in HS with the help of Photoshop).

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
The problem with this is that Cari isn't exactly known for writing heavy drama in his work (hell, his last work basically didn't had THAT much drama, and stuck through its comedy-adventure fest story for the most part). And by heavy I mean the kind of shit that leads to ongoing conflicts or drama that spans throughout the update or multiple updates like the ones in other AVNs like, say, Leap of Faith or Summer's Gone or STWA: Unbroken. Nor do his patrons back on his Discord want to see it go that route, as they view Eternum as more of an adult mystery adventure story with dashes of comedy, horror, and drama (with the lewds as a sort of "bonus"). And knowing Cari he'll likely not overextend the heaviness of his work and will only use drama when the plot requires it, and not the other way around like in some AVNs where the drama IS the plot.
light drama works in eternum. like Dalia resenting MC for seeing her naked, or for revealing the password to her private server, or MC raping her after she repeatedly said no, or Penny feeling betrayed if MC convinces her to flash her tits to Valentino.
that level of drama can work when confronting MC for his feelings, and MC not being ready to answer. bumping him to the friendzone until he sorts his feelings out. we already have a light version of that if MC gives some hope to Annie at the start of the game but backs out and stay friends instead.

Reactions: Sevilia

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
light drama works in eternum. like Dalia resenting MC for seeing her naked, or for revealing the password to her private server, or MC raping her after she repeatedly said no, or Penny feeling betrayed if MC convinces her to flash her tits to Valentino.
that level of drama can work when confronting MC for his feelings, and MC not being ready to answer. bumping him to the friendzone until he sorts his feelings out. we already have a light version of that if MC gives some hope to Annie at the start of the game but backs out and stay friends instead.
Which is why I believe a confrontation amongst Orion and the girls will lead to a quick (and by quick I mean "likely resolved in the same update") resolution instead of prolonged drama (which is what you're basically advocating by downgrading Orion's relationship to friendzone should he get confronted). Dalia herself managed to be chummy with Orion only after a brief timeskip. Nova is shown to quickly become friendly with him even after the initial hostile meeting and mistrust. Then there's also the fact that Cari has been setting up their "sisterhood" pretty early in the game, which will likely lead to the acceptance of the harem situation quite easily instead of potential infighting amongst themselves once the word gets out.

(PS. The other examples you mentioned hardly matter btw because they're essentially route ends and therefore could be considered non-canon. And Cari has never tried to pull that level of drama in the canon routes because Orion always tries to resolve or shut down the drama before it gets real heavy, as is the case of him canonically hugging Alex after she got disowned and giving Luna some pep-talk after she revealed details of her childhood.)

4.80 star(s) 905 Votes