idiaweskara

Feb 27, 2018
That's because Caribdis changed the script after X was introduced, the change came with the public version of 0.6 I believe, if you played the versions prior to that one you wouldn't have that joke.
Thx man, it is nice to know that you can edit prior dialogues without breaking the game
Iam starting playing the game right now after so many recomendations, and iam very dissapointing, the writtring is very ''sword art'' style, and thats very bad

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
the writtring is very ''sword art'' style, and thats very bad
If I remember correctly Caribdis doesn't like/hate this anime so I'm sure he'll be happy that his story will be compared to it :HideThePain: (and honestly I've played Eternum and watched SAO, I find that there's way more differences than similarities between the two).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sexypeanut

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Thx man, it is nice to know that you can edit prior dialogues without breaking the game
Iam starting playing the game right now after so many recomendations, and iam very dissapointing, the writtring is very ''sword art'' style, and thats very bad
I mean it has more surface-level similarities to "Ready Player One" than "Sword Art Online," really, what with the VRMMO being a gateway to many different servers with varying settings and a metaplot involving a treasure hunt for some mcguffins with a real world prize...as opposed to being trapped in a single server that you can't escape from.

And then there's also the fact that those are just surface-level similarities and the story becomes its own beast as it goes on (focusing more on the mysteries surrounding Eternum rather than focusing on leveling and surviving and living a life in the game like Sword Art does)...but elaborating on that would be spoilers, so.../shrugs

If I remember correctly Caribdis doesn't like/hate this anime so I'm sure he'll be happy that his story will be compared to it :HideThePain: (and honestly I've played Eternum and watched SAO, I find that there's way more differences than similarities between the two).
Yeah...

Screenshot_20231117_130038_Discord.jpg

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Actually, I'm pretty sure Caribdis has said he hates the SAO. I don't remember exactly, but iirc, he even agreed with me that the main protag of SAO was extremely boring. But I could be wrong, it was already a long time before.

The only thing that I approve of SAO is Asuna. The character is simply gorgeous and at least has some kind of personality, unlike Kirito.

In this game the MC definitely has a personality, although I maybe prefer the Oailt's MC personality, I dunno. But I understand it doesn't fit the game, the comedy in Oailt centered more on the protagonist, while in Eternum it definitely is more along to what the MC experiences, wether at school, at servers, or simply dealing with best bro Chang.

Orion to the girls after his recovery be like:
View attachment 3630225
Yes pls. And Idriel, Eva and the Praetorians can join too.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes