Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Why do some players make bad, contrived choices and then they whine?
Because people who do that are under the impression that said choices lead to an asshole playthrough and they expect a route where you become an asshole and make the LIs your concubines/sex slaves instead of lovey-dovey vanilla romance partners. Thus they become shocked when they realize that not all AVNs are about that and some (like Caribdis' work) adhere to the old-school method of AVN storytelling where there is one true choice and everything else leads to lost LI paths and bad ends. :HideThePain:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Because people who do that are under the impression that said choices lead to an asshole playthrough and they expect a route where you become an asshole and make the LIs your concubines/sex slaves instead of lovey-dovey vanilla romance partners. Thus they become shocked when they realize that not all AVNs are about that and some (like Caribdis' work) adhere to the old-school method of AVN storytelling where there is one true choice and everything else leads to lost LI paths and bad ends. :HideThePain:
Ah, that's understandable. The thing is... knowing what bad endings await them and all sorts of cruelty, they still manage to recognize this bad choice and still complain, I've seen this in some games :HideThePain:

Although instead of complaining, they could have avoided making bad choices, right? :LOL:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Ah, that's understandable. The thing is... knowing what bad endings await them and all sorts of cruelty, they still manage to recognize this bad choice and still complain, I've seen this in some games :HideThePain:

Although instead of complaining, they could have avoided making bad choices, right? :LOL:
I mean, if you're not aware of how old-school AVN storytelling works and your first exposure is on the more modern ones where "your choices shape your character and how the story progresses and who you end up with" then I suppose it can be quite the learning experience lol.

Still, like I said, there's more than one way to tell an AVN story and I wish people would be more aware of that instead of slamming titles like this or OIAL for doing so. Not everyone has the endurance or patience to write and keep track of the various branching paths and permutations that a story could go through. No, some people just want to tell a long-ass narrative and tell it well dammit. :HideThePain:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Still, like I said, there's more than one way to tell an AVN story and I wish people would be more aware of that instead of slamming titles like this or OIAL for doing so. Not everyone has the endurance or patience to write and keep track of the various branching paths and permutations that a story could go through. No, some people just want to tell a long-ass narrative and tell it well dammit. :HideThePain:
To understand and to forgive. That's all I can say for those people who make bad decisions and still blame developer for their own choices... :coffee: :HideThePain:

idiaweskara

Feb 27, 2018
I disagree but it's your opinion. That impression imo it's because Orion isn't the laughing bag, the side characters are, and in a way that adds personality to those characters as well. Sure he still has his funny moments, but characters from Chang to Chop-Chop are the ones who have that exact purpose.

About SAO... I wish that was the only problem... but I don't want to derail into Off Topic, otherwise the mods will probably kidnap me.

View attachment 3632659

Não não sou. Há mais sítios a falar português além do Brasil jovem.

No I'm not. There are more places speaking portuguese besides Brazil mister.

And that's why Mr. Caribdis is the goat.

Vanilla Harem.

I never understood that uproar. I also hate that genre, but that scene would only happen if you were a dick. It was the scumbag choice... Having bad endings for bad choices is part of a good game, it encourages you to play well.

It's like someone playing this, and making everything for Jerry to win the contests and Dalia instead of Orion... I mean...
Well, i wont be able to express myself corretcly in english withou extensive formating
so, i still the game has a lot of pointless dialogue, i fell like i waste my 12 hours already
I dont think the MC problems is that he isnt funny, he kinda lacks a direction, hes not the shady guy from photo hunt, nor a true standard white shoes guy from Mist, hes just a otaku, a very boring one
What i hate the most is when devs give me a option to name the character, only to me put my name in it and turns out to be a character that i cant identify nor simpatize with it
Game is bad in that regard, but I hope that it gets better later with the twists

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
hes just a otaku
No, he is not. He's established at the very first chapter as a horndog who has a high intellect and is decent with athletics (but not a master of it) and is not afraid to throw his hands at anyone when needed. This is contrasted by his hidden good nature, which shows up when he interacts with the other LI's and with Chang. Quite the far cry from someone who obsessively sits all day playing videogames or watching/talking about anime, like how most Otaku are depicted in media.

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
View attachment 3632659

Não não sou. Há mais sítios a falar português além do Brasil jovem.
That legitimately made me laugh out loud (e não só porque também me diz respeito). Though you have to admit that his guess as to your nationality was statistically sound. There are as 22 times as many Brazilians as there are Portuguese...

Well, i wont be able to express myself corretcly in english withou extensive formating
so, i still the game has a lot of pointless dialogue, i fell like i waste my 12 hours already
I dont think the MC problems is that he isnt funny, he kinda lacks a direction, hes not the shady guy from photo hunt, nor a true standard white shoes guy from Mist, hes just a otaku, a very boring one
What i hate the most is when devs give me a option to name the character, only to me put my name in it and turns out to be a character that i cant identify nor simpatize with it
Game is bad in that regard, but I hope that it gets better later with the twists
I find that the MC has enough personality to be likeable and allow the nature and charm of the LIs to show, but not enough to be overbearing. All in all, I quite like the writing.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
A bit of a theory:

so we can correctly assume the events of the game are still 10 years in the future and most of the gang are still kids. At the same time, somewhere else in the world, the OIAL harem is living reclusively in a unknown location and since the events of that game happened in 2021, probably around now would be the time the first children of that harem would've been born.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
A bit of a theory:

so we can correctly assume the events of the game are still 10 years in the future and most of the gang are still kids. At the same time, somewhere else in the world, the OIAL harem is living reclusively in a unknown location and since the events of that game happened in 2021, probably around now would be the time the first children of that harem would've been born.
Approved timeline is 12-14 years so the kids of the OIAL harem will be around that age during the events of Eternum, yes. :whistle:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
is this game more focuses into vanilla romance or rape?
Well, the only two NPCs that try to rape someone, get killed immediately (well, one can get away depending on the players choice, but it is technically a "bad choice")...so...I guess the answer would be "vanilla romance". :HideThePain:

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Approved timeline is 12-14 years so the kids of the OIAL harem will be around that age during the events of Eternum, yes. :whistle:
IK, OIAL takes place in 2021, that puts eternum around 2034-2035. to fit that with our current real life timeline then, as of right now:

- OIAL harem is traveling the world and their first kids are born.
- Eternum has been released 2-3 years ago.
- Orion and most of the gang are around 8-9 years old, except for Penny and Nova, they're around 10-11.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Well, the only two NPCs that try to rape someone, get killed immediately (well, one can get away depending on the players choice, but it is technically a "bad choice")...so...I guess the answer would be "vanilla romance". :HideThePain:
You seem to have forgotten Maat. IMO forcing 2 people to have sex at gunpoint is still rape, even if you just watch...

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
You seem to have forgotten Maat. IMO forcing 2 people to have sex at gunpoint is still rape, even if you just watch...
Technically correct, but both "participants" don't seem to have registered that as rape either, so...why should I? :BootyTime:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
IK, OIAL takes place in 2021, that puts eternum around 2034-2035. to fit that with our current real life timeline then, as of right now:

- OIAL harem is traveling the world and their first kids are born.
- Eternum has been released 2-3 years ago.
- Orion and most of the gang are around 8-9 years old, except for Penny and Nova, they're around 10-11.
Addendum: It also wouldn't surprise me if we find out later that the OIAL gang ended up migrating to the US of A, what with Mike being the President and all for a while. Maybe it'll also be revealed later on that Mike has approved laws that allow for harem marriage/cohabitation, and that Orion and Annie are unaware that such laws exist because they're from the UK. :whistle:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I mean the threat was losing your items and levels in a "game" where this can happen to you all the time (death)... they had a choice which usually isnt the case with rape. Thats kinda downplaying rape imo
Take it up with legal precedent I guess...

4.80 star(s) 893 Votes