Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I really don't have anything else to say besides, I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!
Oh, you're absolutely going to hate going through the next set of updates, then.

Screenshot_20240611_233215_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20240611_233236_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240611_233418_Discord.jpg

:HideThePain:

Time to clear my head I guess... Figure out what else to play. Good chance I might pop up in "once in a lifetime" soon under the same format but I'm not sure if I'm gonna find that quite as interesting as this...
Just a heads up: OIAL takes place roughly 12-14 years before the events of Eternum (they're both set in the same universe) and contains some...I suppose you could call it "spoilers" about the setting in particular.

It's also best described as a "diamond in the rough" as far as storytelling and renders are concerned (it starts quite slow compared to Eternum...at least in my opinion), with the writing leaning more into comedy and wackier hijinks (with a dash of horror). It also doesn't have much music (it's actually quite sparse except for important scenes and such) though there's plenty of sound effects.

Still, if you're bored and you wanna see where Cari basically started and where he initially lacked and ultimately improved on when he went to work on Eternum, I recommend giving it a shot.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Just a heads up: OIAL takes place roughly 12-14 years before the events of Eternum (they're both set in the same universe) and contains some...I suppose you could call it "spoilers" about the setting in particular.

It's also best described as a "diamond in the rough" as far as storytelling and renders are concerned (it starts quite slow compared to Eternum...at least in my opinion), with the writing leaning more into comedy and wackier hijinks (with a dash of horror). It also doesn't have much music (it's actually quite sparse except for important scenes and such) though there's plenty of sound effects.

Still, if you're bored and you wanna see where Cari basically started and where he initially lacked and ultimately improved on when he went to work on Eternum, I recommend giving it a shot.
Really that many years?

M.Blackstone

Jun 27, 2022
Time to clear my head I guess... Figure out what else to play. Good chance I might pop up in "once in a lifetime" soon under the same format but I'm not sure if I'm gonna find that quite as interesting as this...
Personal tastes of course, but I remember OIAL as a slightly more horrific (one particular chapter comes to mind) and, well, more kinkier version of Eternum thanks to the incest patch (although the animations are the basic honey select ones if I recall correctly).

It's shorter but the humour and storyline do their job, if you like Eternum at least for those two elements I'd say give it a try.

And well you'll get to meet a called-to-be president, if that's not a good reason, I don't know what is.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Here are a few simple animated webps from images from the game. You can convert them to gifs yourself.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Luna is the best choice to settle down because her family accepted Orion as their own. Orion, who had no family, practically from his words.
Well the same is very true for the Carters, :WeSmart: to be fair to all Nancy, Penny or Dalia fans.

Last edited:

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
Well the same is very true for the Carters, :WeSmart: to be fair to all Nancy, Penny or Dalia fans.
It seems that you are right, but something is missing from the Carter family. Orion seems to have known them since childhood, but there was no warmth from them when we met them as adults.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Do you think Cari could handle that like Zaton did in Desert Stalker?
The relationship dynamic of the Carters is heavily built-in to the story, though. Penny's flashback on the Reminiscecombobuwhatsit, Nancy going "woe is me" on her daughters not inheriting her looks and her smarts, Nancy teasing Dalia back in Ion about being more self-conscious than usual, Dalia and Penny's growing sibling rivalry over Orion...those wouldn't work if their relationship ends up being undefined and up to the player the same way DS is.

Really that many years?
According to the timeline made by one of Cari's patrons that the man himself vetted and pinned on his Discord, yes...

Timeline.jpg

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I don't know what this means
They're referring to a side character that ends up becoming a bit prominent past the halfway mark of the main story (and was even referenced by Orion in his intro monologue in this game). Some love him, some think he overstayed his welcome. Regardless, you be the judge if you end up playing the game.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
/Taps post repeatedly

View attachment 3726640

/also taps Patreon's clarified guidelines on incest repeatedly

View attachment 3726652
And that's why I won't ever support Patreon as a platform. To think that I won't ever have my Nancy, Dalia and Penny threesome...

Not to mention that's even more stupid to also include step-family and adoption. It even isn't anything against the law, and some famous people actually have that kind of relationship... Not to mention that fantasy is fantasy, as long Eternum doesn't condone it, I don't see the issue but whatever.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
When was that one hinted at?
I mean...one COULD argue that it was hinted at in the first few minutes of the game:

More concrete evidence comes after the recent scene with Annie in 0.6 though:

:BootyTime:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Then let's have Annie+luna+Nancy. It will be just possible to play incest ;)
Nancy will play mother to Annie and Luna :)
I hope at least role-playing games are allowed on patreon....
Screenshot_20240611_231357_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah, unfortunately Patreon got that one covered as well...

...iirc it's one of the reasons why some devs got initially hit but are now back on Patreon (likely after they got warned or scrubbed their content).

I mean...one COULD argue that it was hinted at in the first few minutes of the game:

More concrete evidence comes after the recent scene with Annie in 0.6 though:

:BootyTime:
It's definitely one of the more foreshadowed pairings along with Alex x Dalia and Penny x Nova.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 908 Votes