Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
According to the timeline made by one of Cari's patrons that the man himself vetted and pinned on his Discord, yes...

View attachment 3727018
Explains that solo ending for OIALT then, where MC-kun was playing Eternum.

Still kinda funny, because add a couple of years and Orion might perceivably run into MC's (did he have a canon name anyway?) kids and bang them without consequence :LUL:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Explains that solo ending for OIALT then, where MC-kun was playing Eternum.
About that...

Screenshot_20240612_024119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sauce of post:

Still kinda funny, because add a couple of years and Orion might perceivably run into MC's (did he have a canon name anyway?) kids and bang them without consequence
Doubt Orion would bang any more girls outside of his harem moving forward...except probably Idriel, but I feel like that's tied to some nightmare event or one of the endings later on.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
About that...

View attachment 3727310

Sauce of post:

Doubt Orion would bang any more girls outside of his harem moving forward...except probably Idriel, but I feel like that's tied to some nightmare event or one of the endings later on.
I hope he fuck Idriel, she would be a wasted beauty if MC doesn't have her. I thought Caribdis would use the last scene in actual update to bring them together...

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I was largely speaking in hypotheticals anyway.

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
Then why give any choose at all?
And different endings
When you make a game in the same universe as another one, the most efficient way is to choose one of the endings and make it the canon one. Before Eternum (the avn) launched, people could play OIAL and consider the ending they wanted as their "ending" to the story because there wasn't anything contradicting it. That said, Caribdis probably said that the harem ending is the canon one even before releasing Eternum, but I dunno.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Then why give any choose at all?
And different endings
Because Cari tells his stories the same way old-school Japanese eroge devs approach theirs: in that despite the choices there is only one true route and that said route has a bigger chance of being carried to the next game. And that's because it's much easier to write around it instead of taking into account multiple permutations that won't even matter in the long run because at the end of the day these are visual novels with set stories and not large-ass RPGs where decisions affect worldbuilding and major story events. It's for that same reason that AVNs with branching paths never get a sequel of sorts unless they choose a canon ending or simply carry over superficial consequences that ultimately wouldn't matter.

That said, Eternum will likely be the same: it will have multiple endings, sure. But there is likely only one true ending that will essentially shape the events and conditions for the next game (provided said game takes place in the same universe as this one and OIAL, anyway).

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Because Cari tells his stories the same way old-school Japanese eroge devs approach theirs: in that despite the choices there is only one true route and that said route has a bigger chance of being carried to the next game. And that's because it's much easier to write around it instead of taking into account multiple permutations that won't even matter in the long run because at the end of the day these are visual novels with set stories and not large-ass RPGs where decisions affect worldbuilding and major story events. It's for that same reason that AVNs with branching paths never get a sequel of sorts unless they choose a canon ending or simply carry over superficial consequences that ultimately wouldn't matter in the next game.

That said, Eternum will likely be the same: it will have multiple endings, sure. But there is likely only one true ending that will essentially shape the events and conditions for the next game (provided said game takes place in the same universe as this one and OIAL, anyway).
Unless you're Type Moon and you get away with saying 'each route is a parallel universe from one another and thus canon' and then proceed to make alternate universes an essential part of the setting.

Bisachi

May 26, 2020
fellas is the lore connected to OIAL is any way? I got too invested in the lore, and if that's the case I'll go around playing that as well. If the only thing liking them is that they are both set up in caribdis-verse (fate ref) I'd rather skip out on OIAL.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
fellas is the lore connected to OIAL is any way? I got too invested in the lore, and if that's the case I'll go around playing that as well. If the only thing liking them is that they are both set up in caribdis-verse (fate ref) I'd rather skip out on OIAL.
Stabby Mike gets referenced. Which is nice, because the entire setting already got supernatural shit going on, so all the weird stuff with Eternum makes absolute sense.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Bisachi

May 26, 2020
Stabby Mike gets referenced. Which is nice, because the entire setting already got supernatural shit going on, so all the weird stuff with Eternum makes absolute sense.
wait so is eternum set before or after oial? because eternum refers to him as former president so gotta be after right? Man it would have been cool if eternum ended at a point where oial could start

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
wait so is eternum set before or after oial? because eternum refers to him as former president so gotta be after right? Man it would have been cool if eternum ended at a point where oial could start
If you read back a page all your questions would be answered.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Screenshot_20240323_104817_Discord.jpg

That "several years" have long since been retconned to 12-14 years after (or over a decade as mentioned by Orion in the revised 0.1 monologue)...

Screenshot_20240612_054526_Ren'Py 771 Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

This also lines up with the timeline made by one of Cari's patrons, which the man himself later vetted and pinned on his official Discord...

Timeline.jpg

Sons of Azaroth too -- but only in passing.
Astaroth, not Azaroth. The latter sounds more like a pending copyright lawsuit than a demonic name, really.

Bisachi

May 26, 2020
View attachment 3727705

That "several years" have long since been retconned to 12-14 years after (or over a decade as mentioned by Orion in the revised 0.1 monologue)...

View attachment 3727711

This also lines up with the timeline made by one of Cari's patrons, which the man himself later vetted and pinned on his official Discord...

View attachment 3727715

Astaroth, not Azaroth. The latter sounds more like a pending copyright lawsuit than a demonic name, really.

Sweeeeet, I gather judie is a character from oail, didn't know there was a reference to eternum directly in oail as well. That makes it extra nice. Thanks a lot!

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes