1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Not sure what you mean by "0.8 patch correct", but it does say in the post from Caribdis that they are to be considered canon.

It's actually such a genius, yet so simple, idea. I've never cared much for the wallpapers with fantasy themes and whatnot, and to instead use them as a way of showing what the girls are up to when Orion's not around, is awesome. It's a very low-cost way (only one or two renders) of fleshing out the characters and expanding on the relationships between the girls. It adds life to the characters when we observe them doing stuff away from Orion.

For instance, there's been reference to shopping trips with Penny/Luna and Penny/Nova (the latter when they got Halloween party costumes) and these wallpapers could be used to give us a short glimpse of what it looked like (like Nova staring wide-eyed at Penny in a sexy costume, or Penny sneaking a glance at Nova's butt). Or Dalia+whoever at the gym, or Alex teaching Annie to swim, or Calypso aiding Nancy in ruling/overseeing her empire. The other side of the coin is that these off-camera scenes could be referenced in in-game dialogue if necessary; maybe Alex asks Annie is she wants to join Alex and Dalia for a run, and Annie responds "No thanks, last weekend during our camping trip I learnt that I cannot keep up with Dalia's stamina. I'm going to keep Orion company instead, since we're the only one at home, all alone, not sure what we'll do but nothing out of the ordinary, we're best friends you know. By the way, how long will your run be, in minutes? Just so I'll know when you'll be back, just curious is all".

There's so much potential for the wallpapers, and it builds hype and makes the wait between updates feel shorter when there's is actual content that is canon released once a month or whatever. Needless to say, since it's behind the patreon paywall it's best to keep the wallpaper scenes to things not important for the plot, and instead only for characterization.
Sorry for the confusion, what I meant about "0.8 patch" was that usually previews are for the next patch, which will be 0.8. Still, the way the post was mentioned, it implied that the walpaper was not necessarily a 0.8 preview, but still something for later stages of the game. But again, I could be completly wrong.

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Sorry for the confusion, what I meant about "0.8 patch" was that usually previews are for the next patch, which will be 0.8. Still, the way the post was mentioned, it implied that the walpaper was not necessarily a 0.8 preview, but still something for later stages of the game. But again, I could be completly wrong.
I think the wallpaper is meant to show a scene that won't happen in the game, but rather what the girls are up to when they're "off camera". As to the question of when the wallpaper scenes like the camping trip happens, chronologically speaking, I guess that's unclear. Could be in the future or in the past.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think the wallpaper is meant to show a scene that won't happen in the game, but rather what the girls are up to when they're "off camera". As to the question of when the wallpaper scenes like the camping trip happens, chronologically speaking, I guess that's unclear. Could be in the future or in the past.
Could be happening right after Penny's text from the gym where Dalia drags the girls for cardio in the outskirts of Kredon or such after their weightlifting session. Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. :HideThePain:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dunner

Taco Con Salsa

Mar 7, 2022
Does somebody know the name of the song that plays when we are with dalia in the beach before the sex scene the ones that goes like talking about love talking abot bla bla? pls truly apreciated i really loved that song

JGucci

Jan 12, 2019
Not sure if events that have already been done are ever tweaked but I think it would be pretty hot if the girl you sign up for the photo shoot with Penny when her sex scene happens would catch them in the act and sneak in to watch the main event...
A tweak like this is big enough that Caribdis wouldn't just do it randomly.

However, "getting caught in the act" is likely to happen in later scenes, but it would be done by other harem members and not random girls.

You may be interested in his previous game, Once in a Lifetime; it has a similar feel and features a few scenes like what you suggest, and is what I base my above prediction on.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I dunno, to me "canon" wallpapers are events in the game, at least it's the way I get it.

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
I dunno, to me "canon" wallpapers are events in the game, at least it's the way I get it.
Not sure what you mean by "events in the game", it's an ambiguous expression. They are canon, yes, meaning that the events taking place in the wallpapers are actually happening, it's official lore, but it's happening off camera. When we play the game we only see a tiny fraction of what's going on; for instance we never saw Penny and Nova going and buying halloween costumes together, but we know that it happened (they say so at some point), i.e. it's part of the canon.

In other words, we know at some point (perhaps in the future), Dalia, Annie and Penny went hiking. There's no reason to assume it will ever be on camera, i.e. we may never play through that hike and see it ourselves (aside from the wallpaper) but we know it happened.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Oh hey I recognize that! Thanks for posting here, I normally only lurk. I hope you guys give the mod a shot and enjoy it. If you have any feedback let me know, we have already made some changes from the early players and will release the new UI when 0.8 releases.
we could really use a guide to unlock the achievements

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
A tweak like this is big enough that Caribdis wouldn't just do it randomly.

However, "getting caught in the act" is likely to happen in later scenes, but it would be done by other harem members and not random girls.

You may be interested in his previous game, Once in a Lifetime; it has a similar feel and features a few scenes like what you suggest, and is what I base my above prediction on.
Yeah there's already been a few comments from some of the girls that hint at sharing so I assume there will be some threesome stuff coming later. Maybe he's waiting for that before doing any voyeur stuff?

I did try Once in a Lifetime. Haven't played through the whole game yet though and haven't reached any voyeur or threesome stuff yet in that one. I should have played that one first since Eternum is a pretty big step up in quality from there. Ah well. Only discovered this dev a few days ago.

• Sad
Reactions: j01ntr0l1a

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
What's the overall view here about the relation between Orion and Eternum? Do most people think the setting is a sort of subverted isekai (Orion is from Earth and visits Eternum servers, actually dimensions related to the antestage of death) or an inverted isekai (Orion comes from a dimension of Eternum, or descends from someone who did, and returns home when he goes to Eternum)? I think the last one's true in a way, because of his total compatibility with Eternum and that he bleeds into it on earth. He belongs there.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dunner

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
What's the overall view here about the relation between Orion and Eternum? Do most people think the setting is a sort of subverted isekai (Orion is from Earth and visits Eternum servers, actually dimensions related to the antestage of death) or an inverted isekai (Orion comes from a dimension of Eternum, or descends from someone who did, and returns home when he goes to Eternum)? I think the last one's true in a way, because of his total compatibility with Eternum and that he bleeds into it on earth. He belongs there.
The latter, either as a reincarnation of someone from Anima's story (either the Eldari or - according to some theorists on Cari's Discord - the King who chained Anima); or a mix of both subverted and inverted isekai origins (Orion is a normie who died at some point in his childhood, came into contact with Idriel and the Founder while he was dead, then managed to find his way back into the world of the living, which is why he has his spooky powers and his 100% compatibility and why Luna couldn't get a read on him.

Would also mean that the girls who've slept with him have been committing necrophilia all this time. Technically, anyway. :HideThePain:).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaike

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Yeah there's already been a few comments from some of the girls that hint at sharing so I assume there will be some threesome stuff coming later. Maybe he's waiting for that before doing any voyeur stuff?

I did try Once in a Lifetime. Haven't played through the whole game yet though and haven't reached any voyeur or threesome stuff yet in that one. I should have played that one first since Eternum is a pretty big step up in quality from there. Ah well. Only discovered this dev a few days ago.
Caribdis has specifically said that the "harem" will form earlier in Eternum than it did in OiaLT, in part to allow time for more group sex content but also to show more of the interactions of LIs within the harem. There was this type of content in OiaLT but for several LIs it felt rushed and last-minute, imo.

Personally, I'd also like the MC to show a bit more agency and transparency in forming the harem. It kind of just falls in MC's lap in OiaLT where he's either caught in the act with other LIs that are just cool with it, or one of the other LIs does the "explaining" to a new LI off-camera rather than the MC actually telling them he's with other women.

Oh, and I also played Eternum before playing OiaLT. Going from the most recent scenes in 0.7 to the very first scenes in OiaLT was quite the jolt. :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 957 Votes