CrookedMan26

Dec 15, 2021
What do you mean very little sex content beyond teasing ? Both had intense lewds in the recent updates, Nancy is even the first girl to get the full package in the real world. At this point they don't have less sexual content than Alex, Penny or Annie.

I get that some people would enjoy that each love interest get a scene in every update but It not only would mean more work to put but it would also diminish the expectations for the next scene and become a bit redundant after a while. Waiting ( as long as it's reasonable ) is part of the pleasure in a sense
I'm looking at big picture, not individual updates. Of course it would be insane to expect every LI to get a new scene each update in a deep story AVN like this. I'm talking total.

Nancy only has once sex scene, with the previous scene being teasing. As I said in a different reply, Nancy says that she is going to completely let herself go and fuck the MC 6 ways to Sunday. If the dev is "motivated by the writing" Nancy needs way more scenes. On that same beat, It would be totally in line with the writing for someone like Luna to only have 1-2 more scenes total, but be really romantic and passionate.

Nova also has only one sex scene, with the first two scenes being teasing. The second tease being total blue balls, like Nancy's first scene, which in my opinion is a cardinal sin in a slow burn AVN. When things finally spice up, NEVER put on the breaks full stop. That is poor writing.

CrookedMan26

Dec 15, 2021
Yeah good luck with that.

View attachment 4147499
That dev statement, unless the dev made a grammatical error, is a double negative. It actually means that it will be common that some girls get a scene 2 updates in a row, and some wont get an update for a while. Which depending on the girl, makes total sense. Nancy said that she wants to fuck 24/7 365 (paraphrasing) So it would make sense that she would fall under the first statement. While Luna or Annie are more shy and romantic, and it would make sense if they didn't get touched for a while.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Nova also has only one sex scene, with the first two scenes being teasing. The second tease being total blue balls, like Nancy's first scene, which in my opinion is a cardinal sin in a slow burn AVN. When things finally spice up, NEVER put on the breaks full stop. That is poor writing.
Sounds like a "you" problem to me than actual fact, considering that you've been very vocal so far that you want more lewds despite the story not always supporting the matter (such as the case of the scenes you've criticized as "blue balling" when the reasons for those are basically fair/can't be helped).

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Why does it have to be one or the other. It seems like most people are saying the game can either have a great story and characters, or a lot of sex; not both. Why not both? Are you seriously saying that if characters like Nancy or Nova, who have very little sex content beyond teasing, had their lewd content end at what is already in the game that you would be fine with that? No one would be upset, even a little?
I never implied one or the other. But it seems that your number of optimal h-scenes differs from ours. How many would you like?

I'd settle for like 5 per character, but I know it might not reach that number. The story conditions who gets a sex scene and how many of those. I rather have a game with great story and sex scenes that make sense than one filled with them but that matter little to the big picture.

CrookedMan26

Dec 15, 2021
Sounds like a "you" problem to me than actual fact, considering that you've been very vocal so far that you want more lewds despite the story not always supporting the matter (such as the case of the scenes you've criticized as "blue balling" when the reasons for those are basically fair/can't be helped).
Nope, my point is totally valid. There are tons of ways to write a scene not being able to go all the way to sex, without making the audience think sex is going to happen, and then pulling the rug out from under them. That is a cheap trick, and bad writing. That scene with Nancy might as well had her look at the camera and say "get out your dicks fella's, it's time for the mommy scene", and then it totally shuts you down. If you aren't about to fap to a slow burn character's first sex scene, you're doing something wrong. It makes it so you cannot organically experience the eroticisim of a character's "first time" because you can't trust that the scene will actually be going all the way or not. You have to watch all the way first to make sure the pay off happens, then go back and enjoy it. This completely breaks immersion if you are self inserting as the MC.

Also, if you pay attention, I'm not asking for more lewds in general. I'm specifically asking for more sex, like full on sex scenes not just teasing. This is also hope for the future. As it is now, the game is great, on the assumption that things are going to ramp up (as is appropriate for each individual character).

We're at about the half way point, assuming the game ends at 1.4. My worry is that due to the larger cast of main LIs, as opposed to only having 3 in the dev's last game, that characters who it would make sense to have more sex scenes, won't end up getting them.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
We're at about the half way point, assuming the game ends at 1.4. My worry is that due to the larger cast of main LIs, as opposed to only having 3 in the dev's last game, that characters who it would make sense to have more sex scenes, won't end up getting them.
AFAIK, OIALT only had 2 main LIs (the sisters). All the others were SIs.

So its possible we gonna take Luna and Dalia virginity in the next update
Dalia, pretty much so. Luna? Doubt it.
IIRC, the main contenders for h-scenes are Nancy, Dalia, Annie and probably Calypso.

CrookedMan26

Dec 15, 2021
I never implied one or the other. But it seems that your number of optimal h-scenes differs from ours. How many would you like?

I'd settle for like 5 per character.
I may have over generalized a bit. Also it depends on your taste in h-scenes. I am specifically speaking to full on sex scenes. Not scenes with only teasing. I'm not a huge fan of characters progressing to where they are having sex, then reverting to just teasing. My main concern is that the dev, in an attempt to pacify those who want more scenes, will put out short teasing scenes with characters that have already progressed to having sex. I also really don't want any more "oh boy it's time for sex.... NEVERMIND!!!" scenes. That is a poor trope. There are better ways to write your way out of a character not having sex.

I got ahead of myself with the per-character number of scenes. It honestly should differ based on each character. Nancy should have a lot of full on sex with the MC by the end of the game, as she outright stated she wants to fully let go and fuck him all day every day. Luna or Annie on the other hand would honestly be fine with just one or two more full on sex scenes, as they are more about romance and non-sexual intimacy. Their scenes can be fewer, but deeper and more passionate.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm more worried about the opposite by now: That Cari will feel obligated to put in scenes that don't really flow well with the story just to fulfill a certain scene count per update (which seems to be between 3 and 4 by now).

Also this is a slow cooker and we're only around roughly two thirds through the story. So obviously the amount of sex scenes will be rather back-loaded. By now slightly more than half the girls have crossed that particular Rubicon, with Dalia and Annie likely crossing theirs in the next update, which would leave only one LI without a full scene (keeping the best for last and all that :HideThePain: ). So comparing it to OiaLT, we will see probably a lot of scenes in future updates and every girl will likely get at least 3-4 more scenes, depending on the number of overall upgrades, average scene counter per update and number of threesomes this can even rise to 5 or more. And considering you'll be able to get ALL the scenes in one good playthrough compared to games like BaDIK in which you end up missing out on 70% or more of scenes depending on your path...that should be enough for everybody. :WeSmart:

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Yeah good luck with that.

View attachment 4147499
Not sure if I misunderstand your point but if you do the math; with 5-7 updates left, and 3.5 lewd scenes per update, and with quite a few of those being threesomes, that ends up being 3+ proper sex scenes per girl in the end.

On another note; I somewhat agree that blue-balling scenes like that with Nancy in the baths and Nova at the party can be infuriating, but I don't care as much since we've gotten lewd scenes elsewhere in the very same updates. I do think that if you release shorter updates and the only scene(s) in an update are these blue-balling scenes, that would be a mortal sin of AVN-making.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
On another note; I somewhat agree that blue-balling scenes like that with Nancy in the baths and Nova at the party can be infuriating, but I don't care as much since we've gotten lewd scenes elsewhere in the very same updates. I do think that if you release shorter updates and the only scene(s) in an update are these blue-balling scenes, that would be a mortal sin of AVN-making.
Teasing the player with those scenes is the point of those scenes anyway. It also is a good way of aligning the feelings of the MC with the feelings of the player...can we call that "feelings"? You know, what I mean... :HideThePain:

Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Nope, my point is totally valid. There are tons of ways to write a scene not being able to go all the way to sex, without making the audience think sex is going to happen, and then pulling the rug out from under them. That is a cheap trick, and bad writing.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree. You think it's bad writing, I think it's a valid technique to build anticipation since it's being used in a lot of AVNs. And it'll likely be used by Cari again in the next game, as is tradition.

Not sure if I misunderstand your point but if you do the math; with 5-7 updates left, and 3.5 lewd scenes per update, and with quite a few of those being threesomes, that ends up being 3+ proper sex scenes per girl in the end.
Point being it's possible that we'll have an uneven number amongst the girls in the end. Also there's the fact that Caly is counted as an LI but it's more than likely she only gets fewer scenes compared to the main LIs (and I don't think she'll join any sort of threesome either).

4.80 star(s) 965 Votes