hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
Personally, I have never understood why people cry and complain about how long it takes some developers (especially if they are a solo act) to complete updates when, and I am guessing here, I'd say 95% (give or take a percent or 2) do not donate to the games they are complaining about. Especially, when said Dev's provide continuous updates as to the status of the game's stages.

I am extremely grateful to the Dev's for producing games, that I enjoy, and "can" play for free. I am disabled and unemployed, however there are some games I find a way to at least pay the bottom tier for in appreciation of their efforts. I would probably be banned from sites if I was a Dev since I was never one to bite my tongue when it comes to stupid, and there can be a lot of stupid popping up on these sites.

So, to Caribdis & any other dev, Thank You, for your time and effort. Most of us appreciate it more than it is said.
I echo this sentiment, whole-heartedly -- including the part of being banned if you were a dev. I think I'd be the same way, popping off left and right :ROFLMAO: I get so frustrated with the complainers on threads of great games -- whether it's moaning and groaning about delayed production, or just making "friendly suggestions" for content that would derail the game's stated vision in the first place... I've had more than one or two comments deleted for firing back at people like that, that's all I'll say!

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
It's getting really tiresome now. All the top rated games on this site, BaDIK, Eternum, Pale Carnations etc are all starting to see 8 month+ dev cycles. I'm beginning to think all these devs are colluding to milk more patreon bucks by making slower releases seem normal.
3rd time this week!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 5, 2020
It's getting really tiresome now. All the top rated games on this site, BaDIK, Eternum, Pale Carnations etc are all starting to see 8 month+ dev cycles. I'm beginning to think all these devs are colluding to milk more patreon bucks by making slower releases seem normal.
Feel to free to go and play games that has monthly updates with 100 renders.
The devs you are bashing are trying to tell a coherent story with episodes that needs some mini conclusions, not some butched up nonsense episode endings.

Reactions: godscoper

bitofaperv

Dec 20, 2022
You know Pale Carnations only has 1k subs on Patreon? It's not enough to pay the two developers a wage they can live on. We're lucky it arrives at the cadence it does.

There's an argument to be made that a reduction in image quality could result in faster updates to Eternum, and you may disagree with Caribdis choosing to take a few extra months to hit that quality mark. That's fair. I don't agree, but it's definitely not a position I could criticise.

Whereas I think DPC has overcomplicated Being a DIK to such a degree that it has more than doubled development time for zero benefit, and the "quality" argument I might make for Eternum doesn't hold for Being a DIK because it doesn't have any substantial quality uplift compared to the six monthly update era. Aside from upsampled renders, he actually hasn't improved the image quality AT ALL. They look a barely noticeable amount nicer because he's thrown more compute at it, not because he has improved as an artist by taking more time with posing and lighting scenes.

-R1ck-

Apr 7, 2024
You know Pale Carnations only has 1k subs on Patreon? It's not enough to pay the two developers a wage they can live on. We're lucky it arrives at the cadence it does.

There's an argument to be made that a reduction in image quality could result in faster updates to Eternum, and you may disagree with Caribdis choosing to take a few extra months to hit that quality mark. That's fair. I don't agree, but it's definitely not a position I could criticise.

Whereas I think DPC has overcomplicated Being a DIK to such a degree that it has more than doubled development time for zero benefit, and the "quality" argument I might make for Eternum doesn't hold for Being a DIK because it doesn't have any substantial quality uplift compared to the six monthly update era. Aside from upsampled renders, he actually hasn't improved the image quality AT ALL. They look a barely noticeable amount nicer because he's thrown more compute at it, not because he has improved as an artist by taking more time with posing and lighting scenes.
what a concept he wants his game to look nicer eh

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Speaking of developing times, my guess is that a lot of developers end up inadvertently falling into crunch-mode from the excitement of suddenly receiving a steady income from their passion project. This crunch is by definition not sustainable; so they can either fall back into a more sensible rhythm or burn themselves out and drop the project altogether. If you read between the lines in Caribdis dev logs the former is what happened to him, and I'm glad he made that choice.

The only issue with the initial furious pace is that people become spoiled and expect you to keep it up indefinitely. The factory scene in Schindler's list comes to mind (excuse the spicy comparison).

godscoper

Jul 16, 2023
Feel to free to go and play games that has monthly updates with 100 renders.
The devs you are bashing are trying to tell a coherent story with episodes that needs some mini conclusions, not some butched up nonsense episode endings.
right there plenty of devs only release 3-5 minute long updates after 3 months to a year, or games (remaster when 30 minutes of content) looking at you Amnesia. I only support a few devs currently and I support them until the game is completed or nearly completed

Wisp13

Jul 22, 2024
i mean it gets tiresome for kinds of people like you that just wait and do nothing maybe touch some grass or play other adult games, like come on bro you are out here commenting in an adult game website maybe try scrolling some games that might interest you? I know this game is very good like i could even vouch that this is top 1-3 games out there that's why you need to understand that this game should be polished because of the expectations and story that it provides or maybe sub to his patreon and get the early updates

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
No dev, WHY???
This was where I thought "Oh you reached the cliffhanger huh?"
I finally got to the end of v0.6 and rushed here to check the tags.
Why is there no pregnancy tag yet, tell me he just forgot...
and it was here that I understood you just finished Alex's scene and you still have the whole 0.7 to play... :KEK:

Finuee

Gorehound Gal
Game Developer
Sep 14, 2022
It's actually really sad when people take games like this or BaD and scream 'abandoned' and 'scam' if it takes longer than a few months to update. Every chapter of this game is dense, well made and delightful. It's art. Art takes time.

That being said, if the next chapter isn't in the next 30 days I'm gonna kill myself.
Exactly! I very much prefer to have a good game that takes longer, than a rushed game that makes me feel nothing. Doing things right takes time, and that's the tea.

We could just ignore it... :HideThePain:
You're totally right. But sometimes it's so hard not to feed the trolls... :rolleyes:

So you'd rather have a mediocre fap game than something that actually goes beyond and has a heart? Taking longer is not milking of the quality is as high as it is here.

Jonmanchu

Apr 15, 2024
Lets hope computational capabilities(Processing power)of everybody leapfrog into the super computer esque level in the next 10 years in.Hopefully then the developers take less time to finish rendering and the only time that is spent will be to design art and everything else just takes a minimal time to process.Then people like DPC and CARI can give us updates as quick as they can.I am following discussions on both BAD nd Eternum and came to the conclusion that to get faster updates the only room for improvement will be a faster computer.To purchase a state of art computer the dev needs money which in turn means he needs to have more patrons and so on but the problem is only the devs whose games are hits will have patrons whereas somedevs who make good games cant find enough patrons to upgrade to the latest tech.So A general Quantum leap in computational power for everyone would make wonders in the field of AVNs.

jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
Lets hope computational capabilities(Processing power)of everybody leapfrog into the super computer esque level in the next 10 years in.Hopefully then the developers take less time to finish rendering and the only time that is spent will be to design art and everything else just takes a minimal time to process.Then people like DPC and CARI can give us updates as quick as they can.I am following discussions on both BAD nd Eternum and came to the conclusion that to get faster updates the only room for improvement will be a faster computer.To purchase a state of art computer the dev needs money which in turn means he needs to have more patrons and so on but the problem is only the devs whose games are hits will have patrons whereas somedevs who make good games cant find enough patrons to upgrade to the latest tech.So A general Quantum leap in computational power for everyone would make wonders in the field of AVNs.
This logic doesn't work because as processing power increases so do graphics. There's a reason why NES games were made in a couple months and modern games take like 6-7 years. And that's with 100s more people working on them too.

4.80 star(s) 965 Votes