sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
The Dev is just secretly a follower of Pythagoras, and part of the modern Pythagorean cult.

It is obvious: (Annie)² + (Penelople)² = (Dalia)²

...We are onto you, Cardis!
Man I wonder how that guy would feel knowing that millennia later, one of the ways his name is still tossed around is to color the discussion of the shape of a lady's beautiful body

Btw who do you think Alexander the Great's favorite Eternum lady would be if he played Eternum? Methinks Alex

bitofaperv

Dec 20, 2022
Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

When the next update (0.8) comes up in December it will be over 8 months from the last release (23/3/24).

Lets say 7 or 8 months for 0.9 to drop takes it up to June/July 2025 which sadly means only 1 update for next year as I don't see the dev speed increase as the story ramps up to its conclusion.
And math isn't yours.

I get the sentiment, that a July/August release for 0.9 guarantees 0.10 will be March/April 2026 - but you're trying to frame it as a "year for new content" by hammering down on the "1 year one update thing" - and don't gaslight us by pretending that's not the case here - and no, it's still 7-8 months development time, not 12.

If it goes to 12, start complaining, but the amount of content, and quality of content contained in Eternum takes months, you can't do custom poses and sufficiently light a scene at a rate of 300 renders per week. And let's not pretend that the quarterly updating games don't have "first draft" level writing either. They don't have time to put out anything else.

Eternum itself is an example of this; the fast releasing early chapters are of much lower visual quality, and arguably, lower writing quality.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
And math isn't yours.

I get the sentiment, that a July/August release for 0.9 guarantees 0.10 will be March/April 2026 - but you're trying to frame it as a "year for new content" by hammering down on the "1 year one update thing" - and don't gaslight us by pretending that's not the case here - and no, it's still 7-8 months development time, not 12.

If it goes to 12, start complaining, but the amount of content, and quality of content contained in Eternum takes months, you can't do custom poses and sufficiently light a scene at a rate of 300 renders per week. And let's not pretend that the quarterly updating games don't have "first draft" level writing either. They don't have time to put out anything else.

Eternum itself is an example of this; the fast releasing early chapters are of much lower visual quality, and arguably, lower writing quality.
Eh, I'd argue the writing was fine. It's the render quality that was a bit wonky, where lighting in some scenes were kinda eh and some poses felt like they were off (like certain moments where the girls looked like they were striking a pose for the camera instead of acting natural).

Reactions: Das_Peanut

-R1ck-

Apr 7, 2024
Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

When the next update (0.8) comes up in December it will be over 8 months from the last release (23/3/24).

Lets say 7 or 8 months for 0.9 to drop takes it up to June/July 2025 which sadly means only 1 update for next year as I don't see the dev speed increase as the story ramps up to its conclusion.
now now, I want you to use your brain to it's full potential to figure out WHY this is happening; Ever wondered WHY these are taking longer? Can you figure it or it'll remain as a mystery to take to the grave huh?

Eh, I'd argue the writing was fine. It's the render quality that was a bit wonky, where lighting in some scenes were kinda eh and some poses felt like they were off (like certain moments where the girls looked like they were striking a pose for the camera instead of acting natural).
render quality just increases tho?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
render quality just increases tho?
I was referring to the renders in the early chapters which the post I was quoting also pointed out. There were some lighting weirdness there (i.e. the lighting at the cafeteria scene at the beginning of 0.2), and posing was weird in some cases (i.e. the scenes were Annie had her tongue constantly out in 0.1, 0.4 where the Carter household were wishing Orion luck at the party while striking a pose). Later updates start getting better though, yes.

Jonmanchu

Apr 15, 2024
And math isn't yours.

The amount of renders are still less compared to BAD by Drpinkcake.He puts in 3k plus renders in 1 year while Cari manages only around 2K if u consider Cari releases 2 updates a year.So yeah Cari can do better in terms of the number of renders he can push himself a little more as the standard set by competition is a bit high

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
The amount of renders are still less compared to BAD by Drpinkcake.He puts in 3k plus renders in 1 year while Cari manages only around 2K if u consider Cari releases 2 updates a year.So yeah Cari can do better in terms of the number of renders he can push himself a little more as the standard set by competition is a bit high
You didn't just compared Honey Select screenshots with DAZ renders, did you?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Not remotely comparable when you consider that BaDIK having multiple paths necessitates a larger render count while Eternum is a long-spanning story arc that has limited branching and therefore doesn't require that high of a render count.

Reactions: Kraxen and imzahai

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Have you missed the earlier progress reports for the 0.8 update? This one will have 2.5k renders.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
There are so many games that are obviously rip-offs or dead, yet people insist that the developers that are trucking along at a steady and reliable pace are the true "milkers".

What is even the point? Cari gives us ample status updates every couple of weeks and this is a pirate forum anyway? You don't even have to pay for the game. Just play it when it comes out.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
And math isn't yours.

I don't see why people get hung up on how long the dev cycle is. What matters is the amount and quality of the content over time. It makes no difference if it's released on a weekly or yearly cadence except that the more frequent the releases, the more time gets wasted on testing. For a longer dev cycle you can focus more on the story and the renders and not worry about what content you can finish in time for that next release deadline. So you're more likely to get a more complex and in depth story because a longer dev cycle makes that possible.

Admittedly I only found this game after the most recent release but I liked what I saw and I'm perfectly content to wait for the next version given the content already in the game. If it took a year between releases and each release had hardly any content then that would be another matter. But that's not the case here.

bitofaperv

Dec 20, 2022
DPC has paid thousands for poses in DAZ, he is able to 1-click to appropriate, natural, poses. With HS2, you can 1-click only what is available, and almost all of those that are available are either 1. sexual or 2. model poses.

As Dorfnutter mentioned earlier, Eternum has "model" poses at inappropriate times in earlier chapters. When development went up to ~6 months, you see that is less the case. One has to assume that a lot of the increased development time is due to more thought put into expressions that suit the dialogue. It can take an hour to repose a scene with multiple characters when you can't use pre-existing poses.

4.80 star(s) 965 Votes