Dec 24, 2019
It's getting really tiresome now. All the top rated games on this site, BaDIK, Eternum, Pale Carnations etc are all starting to see 8 month+ dev cycles. I'm beginning to think all these devs are colluding to milk more patreon bucks by making slower releases seem normal.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Belphegor007

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
It's getting really tiresome now. All the top rated games on this site, BaDIK, Eternum, Pale Carnations etc are all starting to see 8 month+ dev cycles. I'm beginning to think all these devs are colluding to milk more patreon bucks by making slower releases seem normal.
ORRRRRR you're an idiot who doesn't have any idea how long game design takes, and really for everyone's sake should stop playing and commenting on early access stuff... that's probably more likely.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
I think you got the wrong thread buddy, this is the eternum thread, the summertime saga thread is two blocks down.:BootyTime:
jayblixt-spiderjay.gif

Bulvark

Mar 16, 2022
Personally, I have never understood why people cry and complain about how long it takes some developers (especially if they are a solo act) to complete updates when, and I am guessing here, I'd say 95% (give or take a percent or 2) do not donate to the games they are complaining about. Especially, when said Dev's provide continuous updates as to the status of the game's stages.

I am extremely grateful to the Dev's for producing games, that I enjoy, and "can" play for free. I am disabled and unemployed, however there are some games I find a way to at least pay the bottom tier for in appreciation of their efforts. I would probably be banned from sites if I was a Dev since I was never one to bite my tongue when it comes to stupid, and there can be a lot of stupid popping up on these sites.

So, to Caribdis & any other dev, Thank You, for your time and effort. Most of us appreciate it more than it is said.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*edit* forgot to add something...

NOVA IS LIFE! :love:

now I am done.

Last edited:

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
ORRRRRR you're an idiot who doesn't have any idea how long game design takes, and really for everyone's sake should stop playing and commenting on early access stuff... that's probably more likely.
Seriously. Especially with how, usually later in the development cycle, updates are larger than previous ones (which is substantiated by an increase in the ratio of the paying fans & patrons, thus justifying the need for larger & larger updates), therefore the game gets bigger due to the popular demand, but unless the dev farms out some of the legwork, there's always going to be a bottleneck. There's only so much that a dev can do solo, even if they quit their job to start producing their game full time... yet people don't seem to have a care (or respect) for time. It's frustrating and you see it everywhere, it feels like.

4.80 star(s) 965 Votes