Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm sure you'd get a kick out of my Kriegsmesser and grosse messer, though my other weapons tend to be earlier than 16th.
fff.gif

What I was more impressed with is the hinges/straps in the right places for most of the elements, even if the style leans fantasy. Most of it is more plausible and functional fantasy than the crap usually presented with all of the extra spikes, etc.
Yeah, this is one of those "easy to overdo if you can't help it" aspects of gear design. I suppose it's a good thing that the dev (or the one who made Dalia's armor asset) knows how to restrain himself unlike...some people...

/sideeyes Tetsuya Nomura

Mar 29, 2018
It's still highly stylized fantasy gear tho. Doesn't look that much practical compared to real plate (especially the floating pauldron and lack of decent protection in the pelvic area).

Then again, I shouldn't be complaining much about highly stylized gear considering my own personal preferences...

View attachment 1849237 View attachment 1849238

(Codpiece age is best age btw. Fite me. XD)
Great Landsknecht-Doppelsöldner A world in eternum of that time would be impressive

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
This is where I left off last night. Having seen game play vids, I know this is close to the end of 0.2. One thing I've seen in a handful of games is an episode indicator. The only reason I knew I'd passed from 0.1 to 0.2 was because I'd read in this forum that Nova didn't appear until 0.2.

One of the things I'd like to see more Devs do is just put in a quick marker to show you're passing into the next phase for those that don't pick up the game on the first release. It doesn't have to be an elaborate recap or scoreboard, as some Devs do, but just a quick, simple slide, maybe something that is actually at the beginning of the new release. For this game, it could be the brick wall with a simple green glowing "0.3" kind of thing.

Just an observation from the peanut gallery. screenshot0001.png

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This is where I left off last night. Having seen game play vids, I know this is close to the end of 0.2. One thing I've seen in a handful of games is an episode indicator. The only reason I knew I'd passed from 0.1 to 0.2 was because I'd read in this forum that Nova didn't appear until 0.2.

One of the things I'd like to see more Devs do is just put in a quick marker to show you're passing into the next phase for those that don't pick up the game on the first release. It doesn't have to be an elaborate recap or scoreboard, as some Devs do, but just a quick, simple slide, maybe something that is actually at the beginning of the new release. For this game, it could be the brick wall with a simple green glowing "0.3" kind of thing.

Just an observation from the peanut gallery. View attachment 1850380
Boy do I agree with this one! I like to start each release with a new page, and label it by the version number. Impossible to do in some games if you don't start the game when it first comes out, and keep up with it religiously.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I suppose it would be nice, but in this moment I can't help to wonder if that feature could be also useful in some way and what it could be that utility. Maybe could it help the player to understand which part of the game is playing?
:unsure:
Anyway yes, if you have already defeated the Praetorians (it seems to me you have), you are few frames away from the end of the update 0.2.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Am I wrong or a few days earlier it was 19% ?
Caribdis working really fast and hard:PogChamp:
Caribdis is one of the fastest working developers I’ve ever heard of, and with the quality of the content too… Caribdis is one of the best.
Yeah, WTF? He's a monster
My guess is that the story (or outline) is already done from start to finish, and all that's left to do is to render and edit scenes in HS2 (which is another boon because rendering in HS1/HS2 is faster compared to other software like Daz3D) then put them all together per update. Saves plenty of time if you've already planned things out, especially if the game is just a story-first game and not some sort of sandbox or a multi-route nonlinear game with no sort of end goal whatsoever.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I kinda wish we could have seen Nova go batshit crazy with AK-Dione in the Pixar world...

Yes, I just got past that in my play. Finally glad to be playing it myself rather than watching others' recordings.

On a side note, it would be rather amusing if her inventory now includes a bear skin rug.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
There's also the matter of placement. A 5.56 with proper placement will do the job in one shot. The "bigger is always better because I have a micropenis" crowd always tends to overlook this.
I own everything from 22 rimfire to 45-70 but I am firmly in the "shot placement" camp. When Elmer Keith developed the .357 Magnum he went on safari to take every major game animal with it, and he did - including elephant. He took the shot from roughly 20 yards, from the side shooting behind the ear into the brain, bullet never had to penetrate bone.

On the flip side though, I HATE when people "under caliber" because unless you are an excellent shot, or have perfect conditions (like Keith did) you stand more chance of wounding an animal.

on the flip side of that - I'd shoot a raging bull elephant with a 22 rimfire if that's all I had in my hands :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 916 Votes