DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Hmm, perhaps. I think I need more... convincing. Maybe some Dalia shots would do the trick! :sneaky:
Dalia is very inconsistent for me. Most of the other girls... Annie... Alex... Penelope and most others... every frame a painting I tell ya.
But Dalia is extremely dependent on the lighting, angle, outfit and expression. Sometimes the finest thing since sliced bread and sometimes just not exactly my favourite. Maybe it's just me I don't know. Please don't lynch me Dalia simps!

pedrobece7

Aug 29, 2019
Dalia is very inconsistent for me. Most of the other girls... Annie... Alex... Penelope and most others... every frame a painting I tell ya.
But Dalia is extremely dependent on the lighting, angle, outfit and expression. Sometimes the finest thing since sliced bread and sometimes just not exactly my favourite. Maybe it's just me I don't know. Please don't lynch me Dalia simps!
I totally get what you are saying, but to me that's precisely what makes her feel real and plausible -not that those two are necessarily good or bad traits in a fiction work- but in this case it makes her really really lovely in my eyes and makes me feel closer to her, like she is a real girl (although a really pretty one) that can look like the most gorgeus girl on the planet but can also have some off moments/days. It makes me love her all the more.
Also that bod is always on point. ;)

Jan 7, 2018
Loving this game, very few games make me laugh out loud like yours do. One criticism though. In the beautiful action shot of Nova shooting the Praetorian on the hill. The entire cartridge is shown flying at the target instead of just a bullet. Guns shoot bullets (little lump of metal at the front of the cartridge), the rest of the cartridge is discarded. You're the second skilled dev I've seen doing this. Is there something in ren'py that makes it easier to animate entire cartridges? Anyway, let me sandwhich this with more praise, loving your game so far and I can't wait for the next release. I hope we get to see Nancy leading a roman legion into battle at some point.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Loving this game, very few games make me laugh out loud like yours do. One criticism though. In the beautiful action shot of Nova shooting the Praetorian on the hill. The entire cartridge is shown flying at the target instead of just a bullet. Guns shoot bullets (little lump of metal at the front of the cartridge), the rest of the cartridge is discarded. You're the second skilled dev I've seen doing this. Is there something in ren'py that makes it easier to animate entire cartridges? Anyway, let me sandwhich this with more praise, loving your game so far and I can't wait for the next release. I hope we get to see Nancy leading a roman legion into battle at some point.
I had the same thought on the bullet.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I would bet it is an asset issue. It's probably the case that there are assets for cartridges but not the independent parts of the round. Also, it isn't something most people will notice in the moment so it likely isn't a priority for anyone to make those assets.

That's just speculation though.

Reactions: crustlord12

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I would bet it is an asset issue. It's probably the case that there are assets for cartridges but not the independent parts of the round. Also, it isn't something most people will notice in the moment so it likely isn't a priority for anyone to make those assets.

That's just speculation though.
Likely, though a simple boat tail projectile would be an easy thing to create for anyone with even moderate skills, I suspect.

I just hope Caribdis doesn't start using "clip" for "magazine" and blow up tanks or make heads explode with 5.56 or 9mm rounds. With so much stupidity in the world, I'd like to find a minor amount of some kinds of sanity in the games I escape to.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I just hope Caribdis doesn't start using "clip" for "magazine" and blow up tanks or make heads explode with 5.56 or 9mm rounds. With so much stupidity in the world, I'd like to find a minor amount of some kinds of sanity in the games I escape to.
Dude she's got a rifle that can transform into a bolt action and a pistol and probably before long a crossbow too while still using the same "clip" :Kappa:I don't think anyone cares that much about the right terminology with a premise like that.
But yea, I get it.

Reactions: jamesonwulf

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Dude she's got a rifle that can transform into a bolt action and a pistol and probably before long a crossbow too while still using the same "clip" :Kappa:I don't think anyone cares that much about the right terminology with a premise like that.
But yea, I get it.
I've seen some complaints about such things, espcially in the military litrpg genre of books. But I think it's forgivable for a game like this. I'd be too busy looking at the girls to worry about such things.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes