Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yeah, I noticed that, too.
Lotta weapons and such seem to be ripped from other games but, meh, not a big deal IMO, since this game is fun.
Not so much "ripped from other games" as "Developers using the assets available from providers". I've seen the same apartment in three or four games, same cafe in about a half dozen, same bar in several as well. There are a finite number of assets available for ready use, so some of the better ones get picked by multiple devs.

QWolfe

Nov 11, 2021
Not so much "ripped from other games" as "Developers using the assets available from providers". I've seen the same apartment in three or four games, same cafe in about a half dozen, same bar in several as well. There are a finite number of assets available for ready use, so some of the better ones get picked by multiple devs.
Fair, but in terms of the weapons, I'm not sure if Bungie made the Sunshot model available for people to use in other games. I know they let people make and sell replicas, so maybe. But like I said, I'm not bothered by it, same for the apartment stuff.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah, unless you're a 3D modeler or partnered with one there's only so much you can work with, especially if the engine you chose doesn't have a dedicated asset store like the ones Daz3D or Unity have.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Cari’s releases tend to be pretty substantial. If not skipping it’s usually a couple hours of content. Not like other games where you wait 8 mths for 20 minutes of random dialogue and one basic animation.
And I genuinely couldn't imagine why someone would skip in this game, the story is just so good

Reactions: youngethan

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
For any SyFy fans, they're doing Warehouse 13 reruns all day on Fridays right now, so I set the DVR. I bring this up because I just got to a season 3 episode "Don't Hate the Player", which crosses over with Eureka, and gave me serious Eternum vibes as it started. Seems Fargo from Eureka is using an artifact to make his immersive AI type game from Fargames (font makes it look like a tribute to FarSpace) like living experience. But, due to those pesky artifact unintended consequences, he kind of gets stuck. ;)

wh13306-1.jpg
wh13306-7.jpg
1fb7fb67eea179e6d9d1b2991d7f4b07.jpg

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 931 Votes