JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Counterpoint: Calypso and the Proto-Xenomorphs from the Andromeda server. It's currently implied by the story that they're natives of Eternum (possibly Astaroth from OIAL and that ogre from Dalia's fantasy server as well), with the former being pretty convinced that her backstory is legit. Hard to imagine (well, with the exception of Astaroth) how they'd fit with the multiple heaven and/or hell aspect of your theory (unless you think the Sy-tel-quessir are actually angels and the Proto-Xenomorphs and Ogres are demons)

Also, death and dying are...kind of a thing in Eternum. You'd think that with the dimension being a collection of heavens and/or a hells they'd do away with the whole "act of dying" aspect of everyone staying there. Granted, you don't really die (and it's implied that even the dead don't stay dead), but...you get the point.

As for the living dead of Eternum being dead people that're hooked to the system...that's a possibility...although I'm pretty sure you still need to keep the brain alive for any sort of brain activity to function well enough. More better for one to zombify the brain and put it in a jar...as opposed to having to maintain a body (or a couple thousand) that's bound to rot as time goes on, even if say magic or a ton of money is involved.
Brains in a jar could work, it could even tie into Nancy’s stem cell work for the company.

As could the idea of the natives being angels (elves and even possible praetorians) and demons (ogres and xenos) be a workable idea. In many myths monsters come from hell or it’s analog and the praetorians kind of look angelic, The Eternum Lady does too and elves and other “good” fey being analogs for angels isn’t new either.

As for people dying in Eternum if it’s meant to be heavens and hells, that could be explained by if I’m not mistaken in some versions of the afterlife warriors battle eternally, dying and raising again. Perhaps the idea of “non-combat servers,” we’re there are no weapons or magics “allowed,” as opposed to non-combat areas in a combat server, is a reflection of this. In some people’s idea of heaven for example battle and rebirth is part of the heavenly ideal. And the idea of suffering in a hell by dying and being reborn and dying again over and over in a cowardly or terrible way is hellish. This could explain the red herring sever. We reunited a mother and daughter trapped in a hell, and then they we able to go to another place, a heaven server perhaps. A “non-combat server,” where there would be no more death.

Though again this is my brain on not sleeping for 24 hours and with an idea I just came up with. So it could be full of holes.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
View attachment 2000487
It is just your mind playing tricks with you.
Everything you experience in life is only experience because your brain can perceive it. There are entire schools of philosophy that posit that this whole universe is just an illusion and you are a "brain in a vat" imagining it. There is currently no way to disprove this hypothesis. With that in mind, what you experience in Eternum is 100% real to your brain. The way the game works is it hijacks your sensory input, so for all intents and purposes your brain perceives everything exactly the same way in eternum as it perceives the real world. So, to your brain its real, weather or not a few clusters of atoms configured as cells provide the input or a few clusters of atoms configured as a neural implant.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
My favorite is Penny because tits.
All of Penny’s wonderful qualities that could make her best girl and you go with tits… I mean, no shame, because you ain’t wrong her tits are great, but… come on, she’s also great in so many other ways too.

I mean, she isn’t Nova, but I can see her being someone else’s best girl for all of her great qualities… including her tits… :sneaky:

Reactions: McGreed

pedrobece7

Aug 29, 2019
All of Penny’s wonderful qualities that could make her best girl and you go with tits… I mean, no shame, because you ain’t wrong her tits are great, but… come on, she’s also great in so many other ways too.

I mean, she isn’t Nova, but I can see her being someone else’s best girl for all of her great qualities… including her tits… :sneaky:
Come on, buddy, tits is the only reason?It's kinda lame, ngl :BootyTime:
Tbf her tits really are the best of all we've seen yet, especially her pretty nipples. :whistle:

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Fuck me man this game honestly has me so fucking hooked, don't know what I'm gonna do til the next chapter. The general advice for this cold turkey feeling is obviously to play other games but I don't even feel like downloading any other titles because I know they won't be as good.. (last one I downloaded before 0.4 was Our Red String which was pretty decent tbf) And to think I used to hold up on Something Unlimited for years back in the day when shit like OIAL already existed.. jesus christ.

Anyways, does anyone reckon reaching Caribdis' next sub goal will also increase the update frequency? His patreon says the overall quality will increase due to hiring more hands but I'm down to support him any way I can to reduce time between updates... I need more man.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

As for people dying in Eternum if it’s meant to be heavens and hells, that could be explained by if I’m not mistaken in some versions of the afterlife warriors battle eternally, dying and raising again. Perhaps the idea of “non-combat servers,” we’re there are no weapons or magics “allowed,” as opposed to non-combat areas in a combat server, is a reflection of this. In some people’s idea of heaven for example battle and rebirth is part of the heavenly ideal. And the idea of suffering in a hell by dying and being reborn and dying again over and over in a cowardly or terrible way is hellish. This could explain the red herring sever. We reunited a mother and daughter trapped in a hell, and then they we able to go to another place, a heaven server perhaps. A “non-combat server,” where there would be no more death.
Nah I think that's a Ulysses thing. One of the Space Station audio logs mentioned that the Proto-Xenomorphs managed to hit a non-combat zone designated for autist's rehab with ease. So I'm more inclined to believe that the company is the one designating said zones, and not because it's the nature of the server itself.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Everything you experience in life is only experience because your brain can perceive it. There are entire schools of philosophy that posit that this whole universe is just an illusion and you are a "brain in a vat" imagining it. There is currently no way to disprove this hypothesis. With that in mind, what you experience in Eternum is 100% real to your brain. The way the game works is it hijacks your sensory input, so for all intents and purposes your brain perceives everything exactly the same way in eternum as it perceives the real world. So, to your brain its real, weather or not a few clusters of atoms configured as cells provide the input or a few clusters of atoms configured as a neural implant.
If you haven't tasted something in real world and you taste the same thing inside Eternum what taste will you experience? You will experience the thing your mind perceives and not the actual taste.

If you pay attention to dalia's blowjob scene, at the end she says that the cum tastes exactly like she thought it would. She's not actually tasting the real cum. In reality her body is in her room doing nothing.

Reactions: Don Sucio

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
If you haven't tasted something in real world and you taste the same thing inside Eternum what taste will you experience? You will experience the thing your mind perceives and not the actual taste.

If you pay attention to dalia's blowjob scene, at the end she says that the cum tastes exactly like she thought it would. She's not actually tasting the real cum. In reality her body is in her room doing nothing.
And if she didn't know what to expect, would it be tasteless? I think the implant is programmed to give you the taste, not only your perception

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

They're functionally the same thing. You perceive taste because your tongue sends signals to your brain (well, your olfactory receptors... details details). Eternum sends signals to your brain the same way. It may taste the same as you expect because that's how Eternum has decided you taste, but you're still actually tasting it. Like the Sushi, Eternum can fine tune what signals your brain is receiving, so the chemical indicators for what makes sushi taste good can be increased substantially in a simulation, but to your brain, you're still tasting something in the same way you taste anything else.

Maybe the easiest way to understand this is how eyes work. Eyes are just a collections of lenses and receptors that send data to the brain. The data they send is actually an upside down image (we can duplicate the structures used artificially and see what they do) Your brain has to interpret that data and it does. It changes what data it's given to give you an interpretation of your environment. You're not actually seeing anything, just processing signals, Eternum feeds you the same data and your brain interprets it, it's not any different than what you see outside Eternum.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Don Sucio

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Tbf her tits really are the best of all we've seen yet, especially her pretty nipples. :whistle:
That would largely depend on your own definition of "best". I'm not a fan of really big udders but I still gotta say hers are spectacular.
Which doesn't change the fact that Alex is still best girl but anyways.

Your own picture holds the truth.

Reactions: pedrobece7

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Nah I think that's a Ulysses thing. One of the Space Station audio logs mentioned that the Proto-Xenomorphs managed to hit a non-combat zone designated for autist's rehab with ease. So I'm more inclined to believe that the company is the one designating said zones, and not because it's the nature of the server itself.
But that would be the thing. A Non-combat *server* would remove the weapon and magic when you get there, you couldn't even get them out of your inventory, but a non-combat *zone* (like the facility) within a combat server is just a place Ulysses has said, no fighting at this place. Like in Ion, Pretorians enforce the non-combat at the entrance I'd guess because they have weapons there, but in a non-combat server, no weapons could come in at all... except maybe the weapons of Atlas. Atlas whose children (the weapons are named after them) are beyond the rules of the underworlds even in the mythology. I'm not sold on my theory here. It isn't as strong as thought at first, but it'll be interesting if maybe some parts of it hold up.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Nice Matrix question. But i think in the Eternum premises everything feels the way it should. It doesn't 'evoke' the memory of something, it sends you stimulaes through your neural system.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
About taste, if Eternum is a computer program it was programed by people who would know what things taste like as well, so they would program in the correct taste, being able to get it right by trial and error, unlike in the Matrix. And if it is not a computer program then the "player's" brains are reacting to a real thing being eaten by a real body they are temporally inhabiting in a real world that just exists elsewhere in time or space.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
About taste, if Eternum is a computer program it was programed by people who would know what things taste like as well, so they would program in the correct taste, being able to get it right by trial and error, unlike in the Matrix. And if it is not a computer program then the "player's" brains are reacting to a real thing being eaten by a real body they are temporally inhabiting in a real world that just exists elsewhere in time or space.
Lots of inconsistencies, as you would expect with subject matter like this.
I don't think the programmers could know if MC had pineapple the day before, unless they also scan his stomach contents and adjust accordingly. But hey, where do you begin and where do you stop?
The other theory of Eternum being completely real and just a weird way to cross dimensions is just as loaded with difficulties, but I think it would be the more intriguing one.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Lots of inconsistencies, as you would expect with subject matter like this.
I don't think the programmers could know if MC had pineapple the day before, unless they also scan his stomach contents and adjust accordingly. But hey, where do you begin and where do you stop?
The other theory of Eternum being completely real and just a weird way to cross dimensions is just as loaded with difficulties, but I think it would be the more intriguing one.
At least that's what the miserious guy in front of the Psyche statue implied. No one builds the environments of the servers. So, where do they come from?
And i still am asking myself. How did he identify the female statue as Psyche? She looks like a not particulary young woman with an egiptian crown on her head. I would have expected at least a swan with her.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
But that would be the thing. A Non-combat *server* would remove the weapon and magic when you get there, you couldn't even get them out of your inventory, but a non-combat *zone* (like the facility) within a combat server is just a place Ulysses has said, no fighting at this place. Like in Ion, Pretorians enforce the non-combat at the entrance I'd guess because they have weapons there, but in a non-combat server, no weapons could come in at all... except maybe the weapons of Atlas. Atlas whose children (the weapons are named after them) are beyond the rules of the underworlds even in the mythology. I'm not sold on my theory here. It isn't as strong as thought at first, but it'll be interesting if maybe some parts of it hold up.
Or...non-combat servers are essentially realms that Ulysses have completely taken over, meaning they have full control in terms of what is allowed and how much security (that is, how heavy the Praetorian presence) the server has. Said servers also provide opportunities for Ulysses to entice non-combat minded folk to participate in Eternum, likely in the hopes of adding them to the cog that is the "game's" ecosystem: even if you're not a combatant/explorer who would venture into the territories uncontrolled by Ulysses to look for the gems of doom, you could still contribute by crafting and selling weapons, gear, food, provide sexual relief, recreation to help with the strain from the grind, etc.

That said, I feel like the Weapons of Atlas are just repurposed/renamed artifacts native to Eternum and are likely of great importance to the realms where they were forged. Since they're so powerful they're basically able to bypass the rules that Ulysses had set in place for the territories that they control, which is why they're usable even in non-combat areas.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes