Sir. Cockalot

Oct 11, 2018
Ya know I'm curious if the leveling system is going to be more fleshed out.

The characters make it sound important but so far it hasn't been explained how leveling actually benefits characters.

Like when they explained it to calypso they just said playing and doing quests makes your level go up but not what tangible benefits leveling provides.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021

The characters make it sound important but so far it hasn't been explained how leveling actually benefits characters.

Like when they explained it to calypso they just said playing and doing quests makes your level go up but not what tangible benefits leveling provides.
It seems likely that there would maybe be events, or items tied to levels. A party for only players over lever thirty, for example. There maybe spells that you can only access at a certain level (that seemed to be the case when picking Penny's spell at Warthogs) and likewise weapons as well can be level locked.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

I believe Penny mentioned back in 0.3 during that weird phone conference thing that leveling doesn't really do anything except provide you access to certain spells and (possibly) items and gear. As one user in this thread put it (forgot who it was), it's basically more akin to a reputation system rather than an actual level system in a typical MMO.

Reactions: pedrobece7

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020

It was mentiond that levels are all about getting better equip and spells you can't have at lower levels but that's about it.

The fact is, levels were by far the worst idea Gygax, Arneson and company had when they made Dungeons and Dragons, and it somehow survived until today despite way better approachs to power balance in tabletop RPGs in the last 40 years, and it absolutely trived in computer games because levels are the best way to make you grind and waste time.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Was the mc always such a pussy? I keep hoping his balls will eventually drop but from his responses and reactions it looks like he'll stay a wimp. Or was the first update just so good I didn't notice? And what's up with all the boring foreplay and no sex? You are in a vr simulation and you can literally do anything but you choose vr handjob lol he's not even getting a hj irl. It's like going to vr simulation and ordering a salad when you're not actually eating. I have never even seen him masturbate irl so is he going to bed with blueballs? Am i crazy or does anyone understand what I mean?
I can understand and appreciate a nice slow burn but there has to be a fire first. :KEK:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Was the mc always such a pussy? I keep hoping his balls will eventually drop but from his responses and reactions it looks like he'll stay a wimp. Or was the first update just so good I didn't notice? And what's up with all the boring foreplay and no sex? You are in a vr simulation and you can literally do anything but you choose vr handjob lol he's not even getting a hj irl. It's like going to vr simulation and ordering a salad when you're not actually eating. I have never even seen him masturbate irl so is he going to bed with blueballs? Am i crazy or does anyone understand what I mean?
I can understand and appreciate a nice slow burn but there has to be a fire first. :KEK:
:HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
To quote the Matrix, what is real? what is real is what your brain interprets through chemical and electrical signals. Eternum does exactly the same.

I guess when you have sex in eternum your body ejaculates as well (showers after the sessions ahem ahem , really necessary... xD ).

And don't forget that they are real characters you interact with, you don't go to a restaurant and order what you want, you get what they want to give you.

Reactions: Alandir

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Eternum is a second life: if you eat in it, you don't eat in real life and don't need to poop. Same for ejaculate (or maybe like a wet dream).

And what's the difference between experiencing something IRL and IVR? In the end it's all memories in your brain

beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
...because these are actual real life people, all of whom he personally knows and is pursuing a relationship with? You don't force yourself on people, most especially not people you hold in high esteem. Relationships work with steps. Sometimes those steps are bigger than others. Some people are down to fuck ASAP, and there's nothing wrong with that. Others want to work their way towards that, and again, there's nothing wrong with that. It also works as a way to show us, the viewer, how these relationships are progressing.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
About taste, if Eternum is a computer program it was programed by people who would know what things taste like as well, so they would program in the correct taste, being able to get it right by trial and error, unlike in the Matrix. And if it is not a computer program then the "player's" brains are reacting to a real thing being eaten by a real body they are temporally inhabiting in a real world that just exists elsewhere in time or space.
That can be said for things which are found everywhere but what about Nancy's pussy for example? There's no way program know how her pussy tastes like. Program is giving you the taste what it assumes which is not real.

Cumming inside a girl in Eternum won't get her pregnant. What happens in Eternum don't even stay there. If you loose a hand you'll be having your hand even if you get back to Eternum.

Eternum is a world where you can do unimaginable things while your real body is in your room. You having sex with someone in eternum isn't sex. You're just getting the sensation thanks to that chip.

That's why Eternum sex don't count since the people having sex know that they ain't having sex for real and that's why they are willing to take the next step.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
That can be said for things which are found everywhere but what about Nancy's pussy for example? There's no way program know how her pussy tastes like. Program is giving you the taste what it assumes which is not real.

Cumming inside a girl in Eternum won't get her pregnant. What happens in Eternum don't even stay there. If you loose a hand you'll be having your hand even if you get back to Eternum.

Eternum is a world where you can do unimaginable things while your real body is in your room. You having sex with someone in eternum isn't sex. You're just getting the sensation thanks to that chip.

That's why Eternum sex don't count since the people having sex know that they ain't having sex for real and that's why they are willing to take the next step.
I would assume the program could determine what everything tastes like based on its physical properties and transfer the data to the person's brain, which would treat it as an actual taste. It would have to very dynamic in someway, because it would be impossible to program every taste.

While on a physical aspect, the sex might not count, I would argue it still count overall. The person would still experience every perception and feeling of doing it. It would still feel real enough where a person probably could experience mental trauma if something traumatic enough happened.

Reactions: pedrobece7

k1abrahams

Dec 26, 2018
I would assume the program could determine what everything tastes like based on its physical properties and transfer the data to the person's brain, which would treat it as an actual taste. It would have to very dynamic in someway, because it would be impossible to program every taste.

While on a physical aspect, the sex might not count, I would argue it still count overall. The person would still experience every perception and feeling of doing it. It would still feel real enough where a person probably could experience mental trauma if something traumatic enough happened.
what about the pregnancy part? will the girls get pregnant irl if they get creampied in the vr setting and there is no contraceptives involved?

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
what about the pregnancy part? will the girls get pregnant irl if they get creampied in the vr setting and there is no contraceptives involved?
No, like I said, on a physical aspect, none of that would occur (bruises, pregnancy, scars, etc.), but emotionally and mentally, you would feel everything. That is just my guess, but I think that is what is stated in the game in the beginning.

I wonder if your VR character could get pregnant though?

k1abrahams

Dec 26, 2018
No, like I said, on a physical aspect, none of that would occur (bruises, pregnancy, scars, etc.), but emotionally and mentally, you would feel everything. That is just my guess, but I think that is what is stated in the game in the beginning.

I wonder if your VR character could get pregnant though?
So even if he fucks'em all, he is blue-balled every time because he didn't finish physically? Because even if his brain receives all the right frequencies of cumming, he himself will know it is not real which would most likely render everything he has done in the game absolute. Sounds like torture.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

What you and I taste are completely different, what you and I perceive as color could be completely different. There is no way to know what a color actually is other than we know a wavelength of light is different from a different wavelength of light. Each of our brains could interpret it entirely differently for all we know. Many people have sex and cannot get the other person pregnant, big deal. If I wear a condom it's still sex. The condom doesn't taste like me. What happens in eternum stays in your brain. Parts of you may be repaired or respawned, but the experience happened and it stays with the person. If I get my finger cut off and it's surgically re-attached, it still happened. Eternum is just more efficient. You're not getting a sensation thanks to a chip, your brain is getting all of the information it would get during sex, you had sex. Who cares if the information it processes comes from meat or silicone not?

Also, I posit that you don't exist in this world, you live in a simulation now. So nothing you do is real... for all you know when you die you respawn at another point without those memories. So, nothing you do counts.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
So even if he fucks'em all, he is blue-balled every time because he didn't finish physically? Because even if his brain receives all the right frequencies of cumming, he himself will know it is not real which would most likely render everything he has done in the game absolute. Sounds like torture.
I do not know for sure (I do not remember if the game states what happens with your body when playing).
My best guess would be you do not get blue balled as all your perceptions go into Eternum and your body will not react at all. Since your body does not move around when playing, I would guess that that applies to most of your brains non-vital functions (if you are aroused, your VR body would react, but your physical body would not react to it). That is just my guess though.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I've brought this up before, some people's suits are probably really nasty, cause they cum inside them and you some people don't be washing.
I think the chip probably prevents most of fluids/solids coming out of the body when you play. The suits they wear while playing do not look very absorbent otherwise.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Lots of inconsistencies, as you would expect with subject matter like this.
I don't think the programmers could know if MC had pineapple the day before, unless they also scan his stomach contents and adjust accordingly. But hey, where do you begin and where do you stop?
The other theory of Eternum being completely real and just a weird way to cross dimensions is just as loaded with difficulties, but I think it would be the more intriguing one.
Yea like how would pregnancies work with the latter theory lol

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes